Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some know i laid my bike down a while back. Right mirror tempararily broke. anways took the left mirror off yesterday after putting all the parts to my bike back together and it looks so much sexier.

I dug around the NC dmv website and couldnt find any rules. Do i need mirrors on a bike? To take my MC license test does my bike need to have the inspection done? I really should go get my learner's permit at least. :lao

BTW im having trouble finding aftermarket mirrors. Anyone have any good sites for those. its like if you dont have a gsx, cbr or a couple others you cant find crap online.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Requires mirrors and inspection, insurance, etc. for the endorsment, but the bike doesn't have to be there for the permit. All the permit tests are is a written test, sign test, and eye test.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how long did the permit last before it expired? I see we dont need turn signals but we need mirrors. I think that is backwards. No wonder i see these guys with LCD rear brakes that blink and do swirly motions 24/7. I cant tell if they are about to brake, shift lanes, or anything.

I think my bike would look nice without the turn signals but that would just be asking for trouble.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
The permit is good for like 2 yrs....no restriction other than no passengers
I waited a year or more to take the actual road test in the parking lot. Guy didn't even know how to ride a bike so theres not much he can say unless you totally F up and can't maintain balance at slow speed, or drop it.
Hook up with us Snookay...I''l show you the exact test if ya want...I took mine at the Cary Office at the Railroad Station. Good luck man.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i wanted to meet you guys at the titty bar last monday but I took my clutch pushrod out last friday. While installing new sprockets and chain i noticed pushrod was bent. I also saw that my oil seal around the pushrod wasnt there and was the reason my bike leaked like 4 drops of oil after every session. I ordered the pieces la Sabado but theres no telln when it'll get here, which sucks cause im ready to ride again.

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Actually I still have my permit,they are only good for 18 months.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Yeah, only 1.5 years. The actualy endorsement test is SUPER EASY tho. They set up cones for you to weave through, but I think I could do it with an 18 wheeler. It's so easy, and idiot that's never rode before could get their endorsement.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V ice is BACK!!! ice ice baby lol. I thought i would need to do figure 8s like others have said. Ill be going to the one north of Triangle Town Center. I'm not worried about the weaving through cones part. Soon as my piece gets here ima head somewhere. I've been thinking of just putting the bent pushrod back in LOL I need to find some damn mirrors. I want the cool looking kind that go on the front fairing. My stock type are like this.....

but super ugly and not as big looking. The stem is simular.

I want to just buy something like these and then custom fitting them but i pretty much am broke. cant find a job for shit for some odd reason. Think my old job is slandering my name but i cant find out.

·
Registered
489 Posts
BTW, if you take the time to take MSF, you can get full endorsement (after taking eye and written test at DMV) without even owning a bike. I got my endorsement before I bought my bike, and I actually enjoyed the MSF course.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
murfnamedsmurf said:
BTW, if you take the time to take MSF, you can get full endorsement (after taking eye and written test at DMV) without even owning a bike. I got my endorsement before I bought my bike, and I actually enjoyed the MSF course.

i havnt Not taken MSF because i didnt want to. I just didnt want to wait until August/Sept. to take it. The day i woke up and decided i wanted to become a biker boy was when everyone else in the state woke up and thought the same thing. So a long wait was made. the person i talked to said there were no stand bys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts