Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iiight peep the picture. Im rolling up capt blvd when I felt someone watching me. So i look to my side and a good guy in the truck next to me points to my rear tire and I read his lips and he says bla bla bla 'tire' bla bla. I gave him the OK sign pull off on the side of the road and look. I dont see a damn thing, i squeeze the tire, make sure my air cap was still on. Im looking at the bike thinking WTF.

Anyways, im finally home and put the center stand down. looked at the tire and all of this thread is showing down the center of my rear wheel.

Kazlad or Tragik posted they buy tires online. When you get them who mounts and balances them and for how much $$$. I'm going to call the closest shop tomorrow and see what they have in stock. Wanted to meet up with u guys tomrrow. Im just glad the thing didnt blow or go flat.

ALSO - The clip off my chain is MISSING. anyone have any spares? Dont know what made me check but i just checked and it's MIA.

Sidenote - Karma is with us all, 1 week ago I was on 540 speeding when i saw a chic with a wobbling rear left tire. I got along side and told her. The favor was returned. :banana

Attachments

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Dude...you STILL haven't replaced that tires since the mountains? That thing was bald as hell then!

Clip on your chain? As in the MASTER LINK??? HOLY CRAP! DO NOT ride anymore till you get it replaced....not to the dealer, not across the road, NO WHERE.

I buy my tires online, and mount them myself (very crude way tho...I will not do it for anyone else). The shop here charges $40 to mount and balance, but they won't do it unless you buy the tire(s) from them.

Again... DO NOT RIDE ANYWHERE till the link, AND tire is fixed. I'd be scared to ride the bike around my yard with EITHER of those problems....let alone both.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah Im cheap. I figured since the left side was only really flat I'd just take it easy on left turns LOL.

Yes my master link clip.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
damn your tyre is gonna go any minute now

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
When i got my tire replaced I bought it online. I took it to a small shop that turned out to be Harley repair/build shop.They charged me around $40.They gave me a little grief about my purple wheels, but they were cool.
North Raleigh Cycles
5608 Primavera Ct
Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 790-0849

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10spdHuffy said:
if you got em... smoke em. but yea thats pure death with those tires looking like that.

DAMN!!! That was my whole plan to do my first burn out right before i bought new tires. I forgot and already took my wheel off and its in my car. Guess ill have to wait to do a burn out. Shop i went to today didnt have my size tire. The rear ON mine was a 180/55, it's supposed to be a 150/55... why would the previous owner put that big a tire on the bike ???? I'm not going to order online this time, maybe next time. I may even buy my own equipment to mount & balance my own shit. Maybe i hsould get some $$$ 1st..

·
Registered
180 Posts
And having this tire go so bald was a surpise to you? Damn boy...did you ride a lot that same day?

Can I pay for your life insurance and have me as beneficiary? :fiddy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts