Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peep the license plate holders location. I think its a nice placement but have never seen it before, is no one else doing this?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ahhh you do have a good point low. But then agian maybe people like this arent worried about "Pushing" it and striaght line pimpin is where it's all at. However i've never dragged a pipe. Pegs yes, but i guess highmounts shouldnt drag?!!?!

·
Registered
706 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Wouldn't be legal in Maryland because it doesn't seem to have an illuminator.
Same here in MI, and it also is supposed to be mounted on the rear of the vehicle. So many people in cars and on bikes don't follow that last one. The cars worry about people stealing their plates, so they put them in the back window.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just saw it for the first time the other night.. a guy had it on a ZX6.. he had the fender elim. kit too.. I didn't like it because the plates looked out of place.. but the tail looked really clean.

I just wonder if because it's held on my 2 screws on the top, if the bottom part would start to bend because of the wind?

·
Registered
488 Posts
i think it would be ripped off the first time i rode with it on there..

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually I dont think it would drag if it were put on the high point of a muffler. One of those mufflers that have a steep angle. I think its pretty nice and will probably do it when i get a new ride.
Why are you calling him a poser? Its just a relocated plate. Matter of fact put a hinge on that bitch and if it scrapes it will just fold in like a rear footpeg.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Snookay - Check out the plate on BumpyKnuckles bike. Mounted sideways on the swingarm, and I don't THINK it'll scrape (don't remember tho....didn't pay close attention to it). Surely not as bad as the one above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts