Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there hasnt been any oil in my bike for a week now. I got the notion to put some oil in it so it all stays lubbed up and not rust. I had bought 4 quarts of bike oil. After putting in quart 3 i could of sworn i my oil gauge thing said i was still damn near empty. SO, i put quart 4 in and when done the oil was over the "F" line.

Well i tried to start it up, it made a normal start up sound and then the starter started screeching. I said "oh shit" Dumped out all my brand new $15 worth of oil. So now its on the "E" line again. I try to start it, it's screaching/squealing like the last girl i put IT on. I was about to give up but then i just kept holding the start button down. Finally it started sounding normal and then turned on. I'm waiting on someone to get here to help me put the oil back in. Then i can turn it on for longer and see what happens.

So did i flood my bike with oil? How many quarts do you guys usually need to add?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
put in 3, start it, cut it off, and check it again. Add oil in 1/4 quart increments till it's full.

No idea wtf the screachin sound was tho.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Dude....change your oil at 3k miles regardless of what you use. Don't buy into all the synthetic BS about it lasting longer.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that goes for cars as well. Synthetic is usually used for supa high performance engines to handle all that viscosity. They still change their oil after 3000 miles. Oil will last as long as you want, just dont change it :banana

·
Registered
262 Posts
i do change it about every 2000 miles. And when I do that synthetic is all used up...black as nite. I just think it's better than putting regular oil in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts