Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ppl best be safe this weekend. Sun comes out and u biker boys start getting stupid.

I was coming around a "J" shaped road. Im coming out the hook part heading into the straightaway and i see something in my lane, wasnt sure what. It was a NICE sport bike passing 2, maybe 3 cars consecutively. He was able to get back in the proper lane about 100 ft in front of me.

Now I'm a fast driver, i just so happened to be doing the speed limit of 45-50 at the moment. If i would of had some good music on I normally would hit that curve at about 65+mph. His ass probably woulnt of been able to get back in his lane in time and would of flew over my roof headon or i would of clipped him.

Either way he'd be fucked, and I would just be pissed for him messing up my pretty car. I would of felt no sympathy after hitting him, just anger at him messing up my car.

I just wrote this so that u ppl conciously or subconciously resist the urge to take unnecessary risks this weekend.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
so what you're basically saying is that you'd have hit him if you were breaking the speed limit....good job you weren't then isn't it, as it would have been your fault.

·
Registered
376 Posts
"Either way he'd be fucked, and I would just be pissed for him messing up my pretty car. I would of felt no sympathy after hitting him, just anger at him messing up my car."

Well arent you just a waste of skin...

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Good for the both of you I guess.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
You ppl best be safe this weekend. Sun comes out and u biker boys start getting stupid.

I was coming around a "J" shaped road. Im coming out the hook part heading into the straightaway and i see something in my lane, wasnt sure what. It was a NICE sport bike passing 2, maybe 3 cars consecutively. He was able to get back in the proper lane about 100 ft in front of me.

Now I'm a fast driver, i just so happened to be doing the speed limit of 45-50 at the moment. If i would of had some good music on I normally would hit that curve at about 65+mph. His ass probably woulnt of been able to get back in his lane in time and would of flew over my roof headon or i would of clipped him.

Either way he'd be fucked, and I would just be pissed for him messing up my pretty car. I would of felt no sympathy after hitting him, just anger at him messing up my car.

I just wrote this so that u ppl conciously or subconciously resist the urge to take unnecessary risks this weekend.
Newsflash fucko, chances are good you hit them head on at 65+mph and he's doing atleast that, you're both dead. Granted, still his fault, but you're still dead. I wouldn't of gave a shit about the car at that point

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
Either way you look at it lose lose situation. I think if I would've killed someone on a bike, whether it was my fault or not, I would still feel bad for the rider...

Oh and "news flash, Fucko" is the funniest thing I've heard all day :lao

·
Registered
43 Posts
SnookayDCC said:

your statement goes hand-in-hand with what i wrote in another thread:

"we would all like to think that we control our own fate, but unfortunately thats not the case. as a commuter (whether you're the driver or passenger), our fate is in the hands of others. as a passenger (in a car for instance), you are trusting the competance of the driver to be able to keep you from getting killed. as a driver you are trusting the competance of the other idiots on the road not to do something stupid and kill you."

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
or you could just let him sqeeze in front of you and let it go. even if you were going faster you could still cut the guy a break so no one gets hurt.

no need to get all sensitive and angry because someone passed you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
bomma said:
so what you're basically saying is that you'd have hit him if you were breaking the speed limit....good job you weren't then isn't it, as it would have been your fault.

How do you figure? Biker making an illigal pass also speeding makes it bikers fault for riding like an idiot.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Sounds like Snookay breaks the posted speed laws as well as anyone else. You may ride a Bandit 600, not a sportbike in the meaning of the word. Please, kindly refrain from making a blanket statement about ALL that ride sportbikes. THERE ARE SQUIDS THAT RIDE ALL TYPES OF 2 WHEELED MACHINES. :rolleyes

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

OooooRah!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Bishop said:
How do you figure? Biker making an illigal pass also speeding makes it bikers fault for riding like an idiot.

So your assuming the biker was speeding and making an illegal pass? Cause it dosent say that in the first post, just that he was passing 2 or 3 cars..

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Bishop said:
..no indication in the thread that the biker was passing illegally or speeding, just that the car driver who started the thread said he'd have hit him if he (ie. the thread starter) had been speeding.

..having said that, I do agree with this comment ....

"we would all like to think that we control our own fate, but unfortunately thats not the case. as a commuter (whether you're the driver or passenger), our fate is in the hands of others. as a passenger (in a car for instance), you are trusting the competance of the driver to be able to keep you from getting killed. as a driver you are trusting the competance of the other idiots on the road not to do something stupid and kill you."

·
Registered
34 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
What am I missing?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
"What is it about driving a car that makes you all such assholes"
Grow up a little bit there mister sensitive. What are you driving thats worth the life. And don't even say a body kited Honda.

·
Registered
146 Posts
BluFireF4 said:
So your assuming the biker was speeding and making an illegal pass? Cause it dosent say that in the first post, just that he was passing 2 or 3 cars..

Ok, lets look at the facts, have you ever seen a passing zone as close to a curve as what has been described? Neither have I, means in all likely hood he passed on a double yellow. Second it's illigal in most states to pass 2 or 3 cars at one time. Next what is the likely hood of 2 or 3 cars go 15 mph under the speed limit making a pass like descibed needed in the first place? Not even once. Which gives me the impression he was speeding. so yes I guessed that he was speeding, but the rest is illigal.

·
Registered
775 Posts
SnookayDCC said:

Here's your grade for this thread:

Intention behind your post to remind people to be safe: A+
Grammar: D
Attitude: F

Notes:

WTF is "u biker boys" supposed to mean!? Aren't you one of "us"? Or have you not gotten your bike running yet?

Only you could post a thread on this board that I agree with in a way that manages to piss me off. I'm not flaming you, just trying to give you some sound advice that checking your attitude might get you more friends, and will definitely reduce the chances of people referring to you as "fucko".

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Let's watch the FLAMES.

Snookay, thanks for the safety info. Under the conditions, the rider was not thinking well and his/her actions were squidish.

The "biker boyz" comment is why I retorted. That movie & it's cousin have truly done a disservice to the real riders that ride motorcycles in general. Being called a "biker boy" is offensive and warrants some form of Goomba corrective action.

:cheers

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.