Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS SATERDAY.

Hey hey, on JULY 23 from 11am to 12am there is a track day event at Dunn-Benson Dragstrip

It's supposed to be more than just a bike get together which makes it more interesting in my eyes.

Supposed to have:

Custom bike show
drag bike races
street bike races
custom car show
drag/street car races
Test & Tune
Grudge matches
Bike Stunt show
Titty T shirt contest
Bikini Contest
Venders
Live music

919 697 0597 for info.

I'm hoping a lot of you would like to roll to this one. If not I may just take my baby ==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/664421 <== Baby to the show. Just a shame its still not in it's peak condition like in that pic. Fuckn repair shops :bitchslap

My bad i thought i was in the 'group ride' section.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
This sounds just like the last event in Kinston, which sucked ass. Don't think I'll be going. Last time it was $15, which was a WASTE of my money. And, for the $15, you couldn't even race....you had to pay ANOTHER $10 to do that. Fuck that shit.

Test & Tune, grudge matches, drag and street bike races, drag & street car races, all that can be done/seen on any weekend at Rockingham Dragway, or Fayetteville Dragway, for $15 (including racing). Spend another $5 - $10 to get into a titty bar, and you've seen everything in the above event, for the same money, and get to see/do even more.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
More? Ok...

There was only 4 stunt guys doing the same 4 stunts 1,000's of times... You wouldn't think rolling burnouts, high chair wheelies, and rolling endo's would suck.....but they do after a while...

Wet t-shirt contest? Never saw it...

Same 3 guys running the strip over and over....NO VARIETY.

2, maybe 3 hot girls worth looking at there...

Need more?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
TRaGiK said:
More? Ok...

There was only 4 stunt guys doing the same 4 stunts 1,000's of times... You wouldn't think rolling burnouts, high chair wheelies, and rolling endo's would suck.....but they do after a while...

Wet t-shirt contest? Never saw it...

Same 3 guys running the strip over and over....NO VARIETY.

2, maybe 3 hot girls worth looking at there...

Need more?
No don't hold back...tell us what you really thought...haha....

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
kazlab67 said:
No don't hold back...tell us what you really thought...haha....
Ok....since you want even MORE....

It was hot as shit...somewhere close to the temp of the sun (or so it felt)

We got rained on, on the way home (cooled us down for a minute, but then twice as humid after)

Some dickhead threw out something "wet" out of his car, hitting me and Mike.

We got semi-lost on the way there

While we were there (few hours), I didn't get laid...

:D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well damn, now i dont even feel like going to this one.

Iight someone help me out. How big is the place. I had something b***** than the Kinston strip in my head. I've been to the kinston track and yes it was dull. If someone can post up the size of this place i'll make my decision on if i want to go. Ill try and find a website for that site.

Has anyone been to Carlisle in PA? I was thinkn it was going to be something like that untill Tragik completely destroyed my dreams and hopes.

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
PA is a completely different scene. I should know, I lived there until 9 months ago.

Places like Carlisle and Ephrata will basically have anywhere from 500-1200 bikes (If not more) of all makes, years, and places. If the event is organized, you will have some food/snack vendors, probably some merchants for gear and parts, more the likely at least 1 dyno machine doing $15-$30 runs, and maybe some live music. No stunting, no wet T-shirt contests, No riots. :D Although things may have changed in the past year.

It's definitely worth seeing an organized event at least once but it's mostly for mingling and ogling (at bikes). And of course, PA roads are like a continous Deal's Gap for the most part. :)

SnookayDCC said:
Has anyone been to Carlisle in PA? I was thinkn it was going to be something like that untill Tragik completely destroyed my dreams and hopes.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Snookay - The Rockingham event coming up will probably be like you have in mind. I've never been to Rockingham Dragway, and felt like shit was unorganized. It's a top notch drag strip, and probably the most famous in the state....unlike Kinston which seemed like some one off hole in the ground (not just the event, the dragstrip itself).

Anytime there's a big event at Rockingham, it draws crowds by the hundreds to even a few thousand if it's a HUGE event....not like some other drag strips that draw people by the tens.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just an fyi the bikefest is in greensboro the week after next and that's always really nice. I'll definitely be stopping by there for a few. It's the the piedmont dragway.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i'll be up for that ride this weekend..i don't give a shit if it sux. I may not be able to go to the Greensboro one. Gonna do some shark fishing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts