Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new clutch pushrod, new sprockets and chain. I just put the rod in today got dressed up to roll out but soon as i dropped the bike into 1st gear reved up and released clutch the bike didnt do anything. I could just dump the clutch and the bike wouldnt even stall. I've slackend and tightened the clutch cable by the clutch lever and still noething happens.

I did notice that when i gear into 1st from neutral the engine doesnt even try to pull like it normaly did.

I know this is the wrong section but im trying to get some help and roll out ASAP. TY

·
VTX1300c rider
1,082 Posts
did you put the plates in the right way, and did you soak the clutches in oil before you installed them

·
Registered
92 Posts
theres is an adjuster for the push rod under the black rubber cover by where the clutch cable goes.first turn the adjuster on the handlebar all the way in, then loosen the lock nut and tighten the screw till there's resistance, then back it out 1/4 turn. then lock the nut down and adjust the cable.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fastgsxr said:
theres is an adjuster for the push rod under the black rubber cover by where the clutch cable goes.first turn the adjuster on the handlebar all the way in, then loosen the lock nut and tighten the screw till there's resistance, then back it out 1/4 turn. then lock the nut down and adjust the cable.

yes i read about that in my book. Ima do that next. My family's reunion started last night so i couldnt finish playing with my bike. I had actually just taken that "black rubber cover" off to do what you wrote, then i was forced to leave my bike and go.

Cruiser - I didnt install clutch plates just a pushrod. It looks like Half a pencil but metel. I have a hangover right now so i dont see my self fixing it cause i know i wont be able to ride it right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts