Will a 2007 Yamaha R6 exhaust and headers FIt on 05 ? - Sportbikes.net
YZF-R6 We started out to give the 2005 R6 more horsepower and a new fork, and wound up engineering a nearly new motorcycle.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Club Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Will a 2007 Yamaha R6 exhaust and headers FIt on 05 ?

I got a yamaha 05 YZFR6 and was wondering if the 07 exhaust and headers would fin on my stop 05?

I'm what you call a squid. When I am not one, I'll erase this shit. :alky :twofinger :a2 :hshot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
mmm mmm good...

not likely....'06 on has a cat under the oil pan which wont clear without significant modding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:25 PM

There's a conversion kit sold by Fabricar. THey're down in Florida. I'm trying to see if there's any other conversion kits for the 03-05 R6. THere are some pretty nice GP style pipes out there but they won't fit the older models. Check out www.myfabricar.com Let me know if anyone founds out any other info on getting these little exhausts to fit the older bikes.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Superbike Champion

I've been working on this for about 3 weeks. They have very simple slip on with little fabrication needed...only thing is they are loud as hell. I think the gytr slip on is the most packed...plus if needed you can add some packing. I have a couple threads out there.

1. looking for a stock complete system with header and see if it fits. I was told by a parts guy all the bends are the same, the cat is just added in there. Don't know if it will fit under the fairing.

2. looking for a stock 06-07 muffler. After looking at my 03, if you just cut off about 2 1/4 plus shave the bracket off the header, the stock muffler just slides right over the header. Fab a bracket to hold the muffler in place. Your good to go. So any slipon would fit. Same thing - I do not know if the stock muffler will be to loud. I was going ask someone with an 07 to borrow their muffler to just slip on the end of my pipe to hear it. I'll let you know how that workls out.

Same for you....Let us know any info -
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Club Racer

They sell them on ebay for Cheep, I'm thinking about buying just the slip on exhaust like you said.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...spagenameZWDVW
Ill post ya and see what happens. Gonna be kind of gay tryin to fab a braket though
Hay, Whout would happen if i just take of the old exhaust and just keep it off? Street legal, safe for bike, ext.

I'm what you call a squid. When I am not one, I'll erase this shit. :alky :twofinger :a2 :hshot

Last edited by pepsifat; 03-26-2007 at 06:47 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Superbike Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsifat
Hay, Whout would happen if i just take of the old exhaust and just keep it off? Street legal, safe for bike, ext.
I t will be loud as hell! Fire may even shoot out
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 AM
mmm mmm good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsifat
if ya do it long enough, you'll most likely burn up the valves. the exhaust does much more than muffle the sound.

other than sounding like crap with no exhaust, you wont have any back pressure on the cylinders. i dont think you'd even run correctly without an exhaust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in