DirtDiva went down - Page 3 - Sportbikes.net
Women Riders Welcome ladies! This area is for any discussion from gear to gossip. Guys, please be respectful!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 04:44 PM
World Superbike Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks all!! posting helped me realize others have gone through this same type of struggle.. that gives me some strength..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Supersport Racer

wow, I just saw this and hope you heal up quickly.

They call me Tiffster, the DYNOMITE ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 10:12 PM
World Superbike Racer

Thanks all.. It's been a month and 2 days since the accident. I haven't walked .. use crutches now .. except today i slipped and i hyper extended my bad knee. I'm pretty scared at the moment. But every bike i see i want to jump on!

Fortunately many of my friends bikes are down at the moment.. so i don't feel so left out.. how awful is that?
Guess i'll be back riding next season. But as of now i'm heavily involved in www.chicriders.com trying to recruit more women to ride with us in PA and hang out and have some meetings.. parties etc.
I'm also helping out with a charity to raise money for the 9-11 rescue workers and their families.

See hyperlink below if your interested in the Charity:
http://www.active.com/donations/fund...TOKEN=50102473
On September 16, 2007 George Martin, former NY Giants defensive end and Super Bowl champion will begin a Journey for 9/11, a walk across the United States to benefit rescue and recovery workers who went to Ground Zero following the September 11th terrorist attacks. The Journey starts at the New York City’s George Washington Bridge and finishes at the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

His goal is to raise a minimum of $10 million to provide health care services for the brave men and women who went to Ground Zero during the weeks and months following the September 11th attack. Many of the rescue and recovery workers suffer from rare respiratory illnesses, asthma, chronic sinusitis and other debilitating conditions. Several have not only lost their health but health benefits as well. They rely on Social Security and the generosity of friends and family members.

I am honored to be a part of this worthy cause. Please help support this extraordinary Journey. If you’d like to make a donation, please visit "A Rider for a Cause". All proceeds will go to “a Journey for 9/11” Fund.
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 10:18 AM
American Tart

Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,494 Posts
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

It's only been a little over a month. You need time to heal & time is on your side. Relax and let your body heal so you can come back stronger than ever. Good idea keeping occupied with chicriders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SBN Soopah-Mod >< COGITO ERGO FEMINA SUM
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Under Your Bed...........

Sorry I missed this...omg...*hugs Diva* I'm glad you are still with us! Gah, work gets me at the most inopportune times I tell you. I agree with the addiction thouhg, fully. I've had 2 dumps since 1988 and yet I am still here riding on an even bigger bike than the ones I went down on. You never seem to grow out of it, no matter how hurt you end up.

I didn't do it, you didn't see me do it, and you can't prove a thing

A Wolf in the Pussy Patch....

post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Twitter @eloquenceinc

sorry to hear about Beth. Hope you have a complete recovery, even if it isn't speedy...

Eternal Father Bless Our Land

post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

she looks real cute with her crutches!

just kidding beth...luvs ya

Proud Pussy Posse member since Feb 2007

Chic Rider PA chapter member since March 2007
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
World Superbike Racer

Well... since i've been recovering.. everyone in the sport bike community is soo amazing..

i'm walking now.. and riding bitch with whomever will take me.. since i'm now President of Pennsylvania Chic Riders. go figure.. if any ladies would like to join.. i'm still planning rides.. as you see below.. email me [email protected]
or on myspace at MySpace.com - PA Chic Riders - 99 - Female - Pennsylvania - www.myspace.com/pachicriders .. we really do love all the ladies who ride...

here is our ride from this Sunday to Ephrata .. probably the last ride of the season.. (it was a bit dicey out there)

post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva
...(it was a bit dicey out there)
It was so beautiful though, even for early in the morning. The only thing that worried me was the nuts (whatever kind) laying in the road. I know if you seen them, you were pointing them out, then I was pointing out to Dre. Other than those couple spots though, it was an awesome morning.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

i wish i could have been there ladies. it looks like it was a good ride, even if there were some sketchy parts...i'm going on my first ride since my accident this coming saturday...i wish y'all could come up for that

Proud Pussy Posse member since Feb 2007

Chic Rider PA chapter member since March 2007
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Just saw this thread and I'm so glad you're doing better. It has happened to many of us along the way, but you'll get back up and running again. I almost lost my leg when I went down 4 years ago, but I pulled through with my leg intact! I know you will do just fine! In the meantime, I'll be thinking of ya' and hoping that you get back on that bike as soon as possible. Take care! Stay safe out there everybody!
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 11:41 PM
World Superbike Racer

Thanks all!! appreciate all the love girls!! really!!

So, i think this weekend (after visiting BeaveRun Raceway) i decided to wait to pick another bike. I have to wait to see what i'll be able to handle as far as physically.

I'd love a street fighter, i just have to figure out if my knee will bend and be comfortable enough to ride a sport bike next season. If not.. standard it is. But, then after i'll sell the standard and get something the following year i'll really love to ride.

Physical Therapy is 3 times a week 3.5 hours a day to try to get my left knee bending and strength back in my gimpy chicken leg and heal my right shoulder.
The ribs are pretty much healed by now. But it's tough getting back into shape after being immobile for 2 months.
But.. so glad i'm able to walk and get better.. very blessed to have the function i have and be able to hopefully get back to normal eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in