DirtDiva went down - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
Women Riders Welcome ladies! This area is for any discussion from gear to gossip. Guys, please be respectful!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 03:58 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please tell Beth our prayers are with her. Very glad to hear she is out of the hospital..

Melissa
"To prevent injuries from happening, is to not crash in the first place."
04 Honda CBR [COLOR="Red"][B]F4[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"][B]I[/B][/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
You will be missed Shawn

Beth, I'm thinking of you too, and wishing you a quick recovery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CCS AM #567 Great Plains region.
some questions are best left un-asked...
Korisa...RIP, I'll miss you my friend. Always.
"Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin."-KH

)o(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pssstttt...BTW, I'm a girl with boobs
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Thank you so much!
I'm back home now and using the walker to get around. I'm definitely not too quick on two these days, but
At least it's better than the alternative!
Thanks for the warm wishes
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Two-stroke addict

Sorry to hear of your crash....I've been fortunate to not experience a tankslapper, it must've been pretty scary. I hope you heal up fast and get back to 100%, take it slow and easy. Good thoughts sent your way.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

yay beth's back! keep getting better so you can get back out on the road!

[B][COLOR="Magenta"]Proud Pussy Posse member since Feb 2007[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Chic Rider PA chapter member since March 2007[/B][/COLOR]
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
death to winter!

yikkes! That's awful.. Glad you are still walking! Can you tell us any more information? Bike totalled? You going to get back on soon... Best of luck to your recovery...
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 PM
World 500 GP Champion

glad you are somewhat okay.

here's to a quick recovery.

"Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!" - Stephen Decatur (1779-1820)
[QUOTE=Royal Tiger;4646266]Very nice boner!!!! :)[/QUOTE]
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 PM

Beth, keep up the hard work! You'll get there in no time
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:19 PM

you're in my thoughts beth! get better ASAP!
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Sportbike Addict

speedy recovery to Beth!
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 02:28 AM
World Superbike Racer

Thank you all so much. Sorry i've been off line. I had to return to the hospital to get 3 ligaments in my left knee replaced. The first stay in the hospital i was pretty drugged and lasted 5 days. Then i was home for a week. Then i went back in to get the knee fixed. My mom decided she'd need to take care of me at a more appropriate location due to less steps.. my aunt and uncle's house in bucks county.
So, now i feel like a lost little child .. some days .. others are great.. Unfortunately today is not one of the good days.

I'm so lucky to be alive. I just really am having one of those bad days.

Here is an update i posted on Myspace this evening. I feel like i wanted to talk, to share .. to vent..

i wrecked on the 22nd of July.
riding up 202.. in the left lane just north of rt. 401
traffic slows in the left lane, and like any reasonable biker.. i look back and to my right to see what cars are doing.
split decision time..
i move to the right lane since it was clear of cars.
the tank slapper begins. (handle bars violently slap each side of your tank, u lose control of your bike)
apparently i hit a patched part of 202 in the right lane just north of the new construction barriers

i drove that route today. just a few sort weeks after getting life flighted to penn

i saw that patch of ground.. drove over it with my car.. PENNDOT should be sued!

i mean the patch of road i hit with my bike is so bumpy it should be illegal. lucky i wasn't killed.

i get thrown off my bike, fortunately into the weeds 8ft. high.. where there isn't a guard rail or other cement objects to make this post a very different story.

i see where the bike landed and was pulled out riping the grass out in a long straight line, i see the weeds crushed where they backed in the ambulance to pulled me out .

i feel for the first time how scared my family and friends felt hearing i had been taken to Penn in the helicopter. that call u always fear from a state trooper.. My mom sits next to me in the car.. tears in her eyes..

apparently i have an addiction to motorcycles. i can't wait to get back on and ride. so much so that it adds insult to this injury of mine. I Can't WALK for at least 6 weeks. my family and friends scared for my life and my well being.. i tell them.. i will ride again and i see tears in their eyes.. yet i can't stop thinking about riding and the next time i get to feel alive again.

i dislocated my left knee. broke 4 ribs, collapsed the lower right lobe of my lung and lacerated my liver. The internal injuries will heal themselves. i'm an athlete.. i do plan to be back stronger. i fear tho losing my lifetime loves.. who and what do i become without my activities. so many friends so many years playing volleyball and mountain biking and this passion of riding motorcycles..

i tore my ACL, MCL and PCL . I now have 2 more weeks to keep my leg straight . sitting. waiting. stirring, wanting,

the MCL was reattached to my bones with screws. it has to heal and reattach to my body. the other 2 were replaced completely with cadaver ligaments.. they will eventually be strong again.
yet here i sit .. i feel like a 12 year old again, having to be taken care of
i appreciate it, i just don't know what each day brings. i thought today i'd get to start PT, was told ... 2 more weeks to heal.. then passive therapy begins.

i've been so strong and positive up to this point. it is now officially a struggle.

so many friends visited, donated, brought gifts and helped move furniture so i could be more comfortable.
i appreciate all who've helped and sent good thoughts and get well wishes and prayers.
i want so badly to say to my loved ones.. i won't put you through this again. this is the struggle a biker has to deal with? this is what we go through when we have a serious accident.. anything can happen at any time doing any sport or even driving in the car or walking along the sidewalk or riding your bikes.. yet, my loved ones chastise me for riding the motorcycle.

Please watch out for us.. please understand that the smallest miscalculation could be our last. i am so thankful to the witnesses who stopped to search for me in those weeds and called for help. I couldn't move, i could barely breathe. glad i didn't have to try to reach my cell phone in my leathers.

my love goes out to all we've lost along this journey. RIP so many bikers i have known and never got a chance to know.

apparently i'm still supposed to be here for some reason. the cement i could have hit at over 70 mph was less than 20 feet from where my good friend and soon to be mommie of a baby boy found peices of my bike. she's a biker top u see. i fear for unborn Lane and what might or might not happen when GC and i get back on these amazing machines we love to ride so much.

Bikers if anyone still is reading my story
Slow it down a bit.. don't ride too close to the cagers, see your path is clear and wear your gear. I'd not be here if i was one of the fools who doesn't wear a lid. It could be different .. i could have landed on my neck instead of my knee.. but the lid still saved me from tearing up my face or losing and eye or worse. These seconds are precious. Thanks for this space !
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 AM

Diva - thx for the really moving and passionate update. Your spirit shines through as an inspiration and warning to all of us. Most of all, I'm just really happy to hear from you here again. We're all thinking of you and wishing you the best possible recovery and future.

Chas
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:43 AM
American Tart

Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,494 Posts
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Glad to see you back Dirtdiva, and thanks for sharing your story.

Motorcycling is an addiction for most of us here, so I can understand why you want to get back on. I hope you can help your family work through their fears and be supportive of your decision to ride again, if that's what you choose to do. This sport is dangerous, as I keep trying to tell all the young hot-heads I ride with. But many sports are dangerous. You have to weigh the risk against the enjoyment & passion and make your own judgment on whether it's worth it.

SBN Soopah-Mod >< COGITO ERGO FEMINA SUM
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

here, here

a wonderful and inspiring post beth. keep your chin up because everything has a way of working out for the better to good people

[B][COLOR="Magenta"]Proud Pussy Posse member since Feb 2007[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Chic Rider PA chapter member since March 2007[/B][/COLOR]
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Beth, thank you for the truely touching story of your accident. That's a very personal issue for you and for you to share with complete strangers is amazing.
I too had the same issue with my family and loved one's when I went down, I told them that it was something that I wanted to do and I will be more careful and will continue to wear the gear.
Keep your chin up, it will get better, I promise. If you haven't had them already you will probably have dreams of the accident and with time they will go away.
I'm just thankful to see you on the board and keeping us up to date with your progress.

Alway's
Melissa

Melissa
"To prevent injuries from happening, is to not crash in the first place."
04 Honda CBR [COLOR="Red"][B]F4[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"][B]I[/B][/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in