Hampton Roads motorcycle clubs - Sportbikes.net
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hampton Roads motorcycle clubs

Well nobody seems to post here so i figured id post something. Anybody belong to any of the local clubs, any recomendations, suggestions. Id like to find a good group to ride with, that actully has functions and rides,and what not, and doesnt just post up at the local gas station, mc D's etc.
KWTH8N is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Nobody?
KWTH8N is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Mt Vesuvius
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
do you want to ride or do you want to ride around 50 deep and look cool...

i have had many good days "posting up" at the local gas station...

noticket will show you some good roads if you wanna actually scuff your rear in
CBRWildChild is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRWildChild
do you want to ride or do you want to ride around 50 deep and look cool...

i have had many good days "posting up" at the local gas station...

noticket will show you some good roads if you wanna actually scuff your rear in
i really just like to ride , Posting up is cool sometimes for a few minutes, but i really just wanna get out there and learn some new roads and get better riding in general (this is my 4th bike, but my first in 2 years), which is tough when your riding solo, or riding with people who are homebodies with wives that cant ride for long, or go far lol. most of my riding buddies have left the area (military reasons mostly), others are out to sea, or deployed overseas in Iraq. has nothing to do with looking cool, just more fun to have a group of people to ride with, and learn from. If anything id say that the guys hanging out in the parking lot are more into "lookin cool" than riding. Looking cool in a parking lot doesnt really help building on your skills if ya know what i mean.
KWTH8N is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Mt Vesuvius
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWTH8N
i really just like to ride , Posting up is cool sometimes for a few minutes, but i really just wanna get out there and learn some new roads and get better riding in general (this is my 4th bike, but my first in 2 years), which is tough when your riding solo, or riding with people who are homebodies with wives that cant ride for long, or go far lol. most of my riding buddies have left the area (military reasons mostly), others are out to sea, or deployed overseas in Iraq. has nothing to do with looking cool, just more fun to have a group of people to ride with, and learn from. If anything id say that the guys hanging out in the parking lot are more into "lookin cool" than riding. Looking cool in a parking lot doesnt really help building on your skills if ya know what i mean.
totally know the feeling...i was one of the flakes when my bike got stolen...only had liability and its just now that i can finally get another bike...but if you PM noticket he can show you all the roads you want...

i took the gas station comment a little personal cause rusty and anyone else that wants to go meet up there...but i know rusty would love to go...anyway...i will get your phone number when i get a tag and on the road...
CBRWildChild is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Cool definitely let me know, and i dont think you guys in the parking lots are flakes lol, id just rather be riding than sitting, but granted you gotta meet up somewhere, but after 30 minutes i get the itch to roll out, i was a little insulted when you said i just wanted to look cool by riding with others, but i see where you were coming from too, i could have worded it better
KWTH8N is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
alright, you guys talkin about wantin to ride, I'll try to put one together for this sunday. Meet up around 10am mabey at the citgo at harpersville and jefferson. Head over the jrb and I'll show yall the back roads. adam please have a tag, temp tag, somethin man. I need sombody to ride with. who's in?post up , I'l check back later to see if anyones gonna show. Im gonna bring a fast girl with me ,so................
NOTIKIT is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Squid Poacher
 
scatterbrained's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Age: 40
Posts: 1,831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Adam you've got another bike man? I may have to put a D tag on my bike for this man......

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger
on that article of the Constitution
which granted a right to Congress of expending,
on the objects of benevolence,
the money of their constituents."
James Madison
Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
"When government undertakes to solve man's problem for him it undertakes the mastery of society and it cannot be both master and servant."E.C. Riegel
scatterbrained is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Mt Vesuvius
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrained
Adam you've got another bike man? I may have to put a D tag on my bike for this man......
bro...hook me up with something for a tag...i will be back in town saturday night and would love to get out and start learning the new bike...when r u moving anyway?
CBRWildChild is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Mt Vesuvius
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRWildChild
bro...hook me up with something for a tag...i will be back in town saturday night and would love to get out and start learning the new bike...when r u moving anyway?
thats the only way i will be able to ride...it still has the mud flap on the back and everything...gonna have to work on that...


KWTH8N,

we only sit for more than 30 min if you get there really early or someone is running late and rusty picks up his phone

i guess we are not really a parkinglot gang...we just hit up wherever

rusty...why the citgo...what happened with the BP?
CBRWildChild is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Mt Vesuvius
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTIKIT
alright, you guys talkin about wantin to ride, I'll try to put one together for this sunday. Meet up around 10am mabey at the citgo at harpersville and jefferson. Head over the jrb and I'll show yall the back roads. adam please have a tag, temp tag, somethin man. I need sombody to ride with. who's in?post up , I'l check back later to see if anyones gonna show. Im gonna bring a fast girl with me ,so................
fast girl?
CBRWildChild is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Im in.. just post up a definite time and place, and I'll try to keep up
KWTH8N is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Mt Vesuvius
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWTH8N
Im in.. just post up a definite time and place, and I'll try to keep up
how i wish there was a magic bullet that i could slap on the rear so i can ride this weekend...i got my insurance and now just waiting on the title...guess it will be july before i get to ride...oh well...

Rusty will probably post up today the when and where...be safe...
CBRWildChild is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:11 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
anyone wants to ride meet up at the exxon ( I thought it was a citgo) corner of harpersville and jefferson 10 am sunday morning. We'll hit the back roads and have some fun. Everybody's welcome, so spread the word.
NOTIKIT is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTIKIT
anyone wants to ride meet up at the exxon ( I thought it was a citgo) corner of harpersville and jefferson 10 am sunday morning. We'll hit the back roads and have some fun. Everybody's welcome, so spread the word.
I'll be there, trying to round up some others, weather is supposed to be real nice too.
KWTH8N is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Truth About Motorcycle Accidents (reprinted) {LONG} Merlyn General Sportbikes 60 05-29-2010 05:01 AM
HOW TO BECOME A ROADRACER wescoas1 Track Time-101 27 05-13-2009 04:13 PM
harleys!!!! so totally fracking awesome!!!! jeah!!! PCHbreeze General Sportbikes 142 07-22-2007 11:52 PM
Sobering statistics for motorcycle crashes/fatalities Rascus General Sportbikes 29 07-02-2007 02:35 PM
military motorcycle clubs ninja_jim Military Forum 1 02-20-2007 07:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome