A guide for learning wheelies. - Page 5 - Sportbikes.net
Stunterz Corner Do you like to ride a bit different from everyone else? Like to see how long you can ride on one tire? Front or back? Well this is the place for you. All Stunt groups are located here now.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 PM
SBN Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

learning whelies

Hey,
I just read the guide to wheelies by JUSTIN and it was very helpful but I have a question if anyone can help me with it. I have an '04 Honda cbr 600. I am learning to do wheelies and i am fairly good at them ( in first gear). In second gear I try dumping the clutch and it just won't come up (it comes up a little but nowhere close to being able to stand it up) , even when ive got it almost to the rev. limit. Is it something im doing or is my bike just not powerfull enough for that? Any advise would be apriciated.

- Justin M.-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:14 PM
SBN Rookie

Hey,
CBR is definitely powerful enough to get up in 2nd. Give it a little more revs, I usually don't look at meter anymore when I am poping it, but for my 636 in 2nd bike is close to 10K and go for ever in 2nd. CBR should do about the same
post #63 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:44 AM
SBN Rookie

ya man... just give it some more revs before you pop the clutch.... i have an 06 gix and b4 that i had an 04 r6 and both are about the same... rev up to bout 9 grand..... then gas and clutch it.... itll come up just fine... be ready tho!

post #64 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Dam Munky!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgixxer
how the ;fuck you gotta write that much shit ofror how to ridee a wehiellie???

eiitdit what gthe fuxckis the damn hawaht the fukc smilie??

http://rapidshare.com/files/4374392/how_2_wheelie.wmv fot teh dwunkz.... watch n learn Superbikes Magazine How to Wheelie Vid.... (exelent magazine btw)
Download instructions for teh stuntaz.... clicky linky, wait till page opens, scroll down click on "FREE" wait aprox 60 seconds, enter numbers that appear in box, click on link .... get n enjoy

This is the 30 buck version....

You tellem BG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Open Forum and Motocross Forum MODERATOR

The more I Learn about Women, The More I Love my Motorcycles!

post #65 of 189 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:39 AM
SBN Rookie

I used to straddle an 02 R1, and wheelies were so easy...often unintentional...However, I have accepted my age, and moved on to a more comfortable 06 hayabusa. While the HayBus has plenty of power, it is a significantly heavier, and longer scooter. Who has experience lifting a hayabusa up, and what is your advise?
post #66 of 189 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 06:45 PM
World 500 GP Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The only problem is the wheelbase causing the wheel to lift slower and the balance point is slightly higher.

They arent that different but you have to clutch them. Trying to power them up like its a 01-02 literbike, the easiest kind to get the wheel up fast from having a liters torque with a 05-06 750s gearing, isnt going to work.

Kick the tires and light the fires.

- CENTRAL TEXAS SPORTBIKE ACCESSORIES - FAST AND FREE SHIPPING

Last edited by ZxHunteR; 01-29-2007 at 06:48 PM.
post #67 of 189 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Club Racer

what about doing wheelies on a 2005 r6
post #68 of 189 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:34 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramosr6
the instructions on the first page will work perfect for an 05 R6

post #69 of 189 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzhaybus
I used to straddle an 02 R1, and wheelies were so easy...often unintentional...However, I have accepted my age, and moved on to a more comfortable 06 hayabusa. While the HayBus has plenty of power, it is a significantly heavier, and longer scooter. Who has experience lifting a hayabusa up, and what is your advise?
never been on a busa, but from what I hear they're a pain to do bp wheelies on, but can be done. here a pic of jason britton 12'ing a busa.
Attached Images

post #70 of 189 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 AM
World 500 GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramosr6
Also check out the vids...They bring all the info in the stickies together and give you a visual demonstration!

Ride It Like You Stole It!!

AKA-Fearleesta!!!

For a man to be afraid of dying, he must first have something to live for...........
post #71 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned

I'm surprised that so many FZ6 owners post here but none in this thread. We're supposed to have more torque mid range rpms so it would be interesting to hear from people who've tried it on my bike. I'm going to play with this on the weekend. i used to power wheelie 6-10" off the ground when I first got my bike (and my 500) but got really spooked one time when it came up fast in traffic and I only wanted to pass a car.
post #72 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Club Racer

what front page
post #73 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Dare Devil!

Well i'm a fz6 owner PCHbreeze and i started learning 2 wheelie about 1 month ago... only just managed 2 ride it through first gear but now i want 2 keep it going through the gears (start of with trying to go into 2nd and through that first) if i'm wheelying in first and its starting 2 get 2 high revs whats the best way 2 change into 2nd (with clutch or without? also if not using clutch, holdin the power on or quickly let it off to change up 2 2nd?)

Cheers, Brad.

You only live life once, that's my excuse for the thing's i do
post #74 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
World 500 GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad12345
Well i'm a fz6 owner PCHbreeze and i started learning 2 wheelie about 1 month ago... only just managed 2 ride it through first gear but now i want 2 keep it going through the gears (start of with trying to go into 2nd and through that first) if i'm wheelying in first and its starting 2 get 2 high revs whats the best way 2 change into 2nd (with clutch or without? also if not using clutch, holdin the power on or quickly let it off to change up 2 2nd?)

Cheers, Brad.
Be very careful switching gears....First to second with torque and you can easily end up on your ass.......Use the clutch slightly, let off of power and be prepared to get right back on the gas before the front end drops to far to recover.....Switching in wheelies is not easy at all........I would suggest to start your wheelies in 2nd and get them to BP.....That way you only have one gear to contend with......

Ride It Like You Stole It!!

AKA-Fearleesta!!!

For a man to be afraid of dying, he must first have something to live for...........
post #75 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Dare Devil!

Well i'v started trying 2 lift the front in 2nd using the clutch but my bike just doesnt seem 2 want 2. I'm trying it at about 40mph (fairly high revs) and then i put the throttle on 2 about 3/4 and then (with 2 fingers) clutch it but the front end just bobs its head a little bit or it just seems 2 race off. I know this probably sounds really stupid but it shudnt take that much revs 2 lift the front end in 2nd should it? 1st pops up easy.

Cheers, Brad.

You only live life once, that's my excuse for the thing's i do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in