A guide for learning wheelies. - Page 11 - Sportbikes.net
Stunterz Corner Do you like to ride a bit different from everyone else? Like to see how long you can ride on one tire? Front or back? Well this is the place for you. All Stunt groups are located here now.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 02:19 AM
SBN Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

06 CBR went on a diet but I still can't take it as a fun bike it is still boring than the dulled up ZX10r. (Kawasaki had to mess it up). A general rule of thumb for liter bike start around 5K and see what the bike does, from there on you can go up in increments of 2k. If you slip the clutch practice on a friends bike On my first bike I went through the clutch plates in a month. Anyway if you are going to slip the clutch lower the rpm by about 2k.
Maybe honda will make another beast like the 900rr, on that bike you had to work on not poping a wheelie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 02:23 AM
SBN Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By diet I mean you are riding at about 400 pounds but its still no gixxer or ninja.
post #153 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Club Racer

a 900 was a beast, how come i thought 1000 have more power. Ever ride a Ducati just wondering how different it is from a straight four. I like the kawi green, I like th Suzuki has so much more power, but i love Honda quality and it competitive with the other models, but i think after next year i will sell it and re-invest the money. Possibly get a timelss classic like a Triumph, something simple i can fix on my own, maybe even a chopper at bike week with one piston. I do hate Harleys though they are not worth the money and although they are custom bikes they all look the same they shake like crazy and sometimes the light aernt straight. Harley do some R&D stop depending on your name. Get away from that old frame at least they made a chopper i can deal with that one, I like the springer chrome fork but the wheels you put on them are big and with a big ugly fenders. Possibly a triumph the big one that makes a ton of torque, but triumph sport bikes dont have the best quality they're like kawi and suzuki's, and they dont win.

post #154 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4rider View Post
Not much is explained there and most of the advise is bad
I love phuzzy's guides, they are hilarious.

Also, can I power up an 88 hurricane? it's over 500 pounds, only 135 hp, and my powerband seems to be just over 6k, is that about right?

"There's no replacement for displacement"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #155 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 01:15 PM
gonna SHINE on my ZX9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwNeR View Post
I love phuzzy's guides, they are hilarious.

Also, can I power up an 88 hurricane? it's over 500 pounds, only 135 hp, and my powerband seems to be just over 6k, is that about right?

i dont see why not, ive wheelied an 89 ninja 250 haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike Stuff

Truck Stuff

My Stuff

Quote:
STYLEESTA IS BORN!!
"Bloodninja: I touch you on your lettuce, you massage my spinach... Sexily."
post #156 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahastylin16 View Post
i dont see why not, ive wheelied an 89 ninja 250 haha
does the psi really matter?

post #157 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
gonna SHINE on my ZX9!

Quote:
does the psi really matter?
lowering the PSI in your rear helps to steady your wheelies left and right, but its not really necessary

Bike Stuff

Truck Stuff

My Stuff

Quote:
STYLEESTA IS BORN!!
post #158 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Back Marker

ty, and wow you replied fast lol

post #159 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:38 PM
gonna SHINE on my ZX9!

Quote:
ty, and wow you replied fast lol
I have no life outside of guns, bikes, south park, and SBN. Its raining and my laptop is near the TV

Bike Stuff

Truck Stuff

My Stuff

Quote:
STYLEESTA IS BORN!!
post #160 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 05:01 AM
Back Marker

Wheelie

I'm doin' wheelies for quite sometime now with my ZX10R but until now I haven't tried a CLUTCH wheelie which most of you guys prefer for a start. I've been doing power wheelies ever since & you guys where right that there's a big chances of looping over on a 1000cc bike doin' power wheelies. I was trying the clutch wheelie a while ago & the thing is I cannot pop it up, I feel like a stupid on a bike trying to wheelie. I could do STOPPIES & other stunt but why the [email protected]*! I cannot nail a clutch wheelie.

KAWASAKI ZX10-R * YAMAHA R6 * HONDA VFR800
post #161 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Be rolling at like 20mph in first gear, rev it up to like 7000, slip the clutch and open the throttle more. Itll pop up.

post #162 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 AM
SBN Rookie

Clutch Wheelie

My friend you are making way too big a deal of a clutch wheellie. Only reason I reccomend a power wheelie is so the bike doesn't come up fast. Follow the steps underneath and you will be clutching in no time.
ZX 10R is a big bike its better to have a smaller one to start.
1. To practice. pump the gas to 3000 rpm a couple of times and pop the clutch the bike would jump up.
2. Do it a few time as you get relaxed stop popping the clutch. Good thing about clutch wheelie is that the power comes up pretty much at any speed, meaning you could lift a ZX 10R going a 100.
3. Now instead of popping the clutch slip it. Slipping it is more like sliding down the floor comparing to popping which is more like jumping.
4. Give the bike gas and about 4 to 5 k and let go of the clutch as fast as you can without popping. Bike might bounce a couple of times but it will come up. If you have been doing wheelies a while you will be doing these with in an hour.

NOTE: Never hold the clutch halfway in while doing this or your clutch plates would burn quicker than you think.
Good luck. Best bike to practice are always dirt bikes. Good luck I know you can do it.
post #163 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 02:08 AM
SBN Rookie

Which bike can I wheelie

There isn't a bike made that can't be wheelied. Strictly speak we don't even need an engine to wheelie

If they can make it you can wheelie it. Stoppies are easier but wheelies are more fun.
post #164 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 AM
SBN Rookie

The problem with power-up wheelies is that it requires a lot longer stretch to get it up, and then as soon as it comes up you are having to shift. It's ALL about the clutch. Yes, the front end comes up a lot quicker and you have to be ready for it. It also take a little more getting used to, but in the long run, it's much easier. Do not get me wrong, I am not a stunter, don't claim to be, never have been, and probably never will be. Here's my video. Keep in mind, I had just layed my bike down 45 minutes before I made this video, and I broke my right side rearset, thus negating my rear brake. That's why I didn't bring them up very high.

YouTube - Wheelies 20090322

-Vic
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
post #165 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 PM
SBN Rookie

Clutch Wheelies

Good Wheelies, I understand that rear brake is your life line if the bike comes up too fast. Power wheelies are a lot let intimidating and as I have stated in my previous posts is that they good to get a feel of the tire coming up. In this video what you see is the same as a power slow power wheelie. The bike never gets to balance point (I understand that the rider was cautious because of the rear brake ).
Once you are use to a wheelie and bike coming up the only way to pop a wheelie is using clutch. Don't be afraid everyone drops the bike a few times. With a clutch wheelie bike should come up right away even a 250, and as soon as it hits the balance point you need to hold it steady. A good rule of thumb is that when you hit the balance point or are right around there the road up front disappears for a bit. This is a good time to play with the throtlle upter shifting into second of course because you want to control the revs. At first you will feel like the bike is bouncing then it gets steady. At balance point the bike follows physics exactly and you can keep it up with just a little throtlle correction. If you like to play it safe dirt bikes are best to practice on.
Good Luck.
Note I have never been a stunter either but they do a lot more than wheelies, wheelies are relatively simple we just have learn control of our bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in