Sport Bikes banner

Best Stunt Bike?

75K views 41 replies 27 participants last post by  Stan Miller 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I went riding with a group of guys last night and one of them was a master at wheelies. He rode a stand up across a bridge we rode over (1/4 mile) Needless to say I was impressed. He was on an older 900rr. I have an '02 r6. I got my front wheel up that same night for the first time too. Under hard acceleration in first gear. I still can't get the grin off my face. Anyway I don't want to learn to stunt on my r6, which is mint condition with only 3600 miles. I want to get a bike (preferable older and b***** than my r6) and get a cage for it. I want that to learn and stunt on. Which older bike would be the best to stunt on? Honda 900rr? Suzuki 750? Kawasaki? What would you guys look for? I would like it to be fairly easy to learn on, i.e. not a 12o'clock balance point.
Thanks for the suggestions.
LosiRacer

#3 ·
I think a lot of stunters prefer the 900rr because it is fairly undestructable and can handle a lot of the abuse that the guys dish out. A lot of the newer bikes are a little lighter weight and won't hold up to all the stresses, just because they're made with all the wieght saving means built into them.

#5 ·
wanna stunt? id say get a honda. those things are built like tanks. 900rr, 929, 954. a lot rock the 900rr cause of its power, strenght, and relative cheapness. but you want something to learn on right? maybe an old f3 or f2 and gear it like -1 +2 or +4 for starters. it will be able to do any stunt a b***** bike can.

#7 ·
I was hoping to keep the price in the 4k-4.5k price range. So, an older f3 or f2 with a sprocket swap would be good too? It would be lighter and cheaper than a 900, so would it be easier to learn on? Thanks for everyones imput, I will definatley be rocking a Honda for the stunts.

#10 ·
nig said:
http://www.stuntlife.com/bikes.htm

I would ask on their forum too or search, they're the experts.
The only problem with going over there is that most of the guys have gotten asked these kind of questions hundreds of times and so they aren't always the most willing to help out. I'm not saying all of them, but quite a few.

#13 ·
Honda 900 lineup.

#18 ·
brentsR6 said:
the bike is only part of the equation, you can stunt on anything really. id say rider ability is more important than the bike, but there are reasons why the popular stunt bikes are popular.
Damn brent we think a lot alike I was just gonna write some thing along those lines! And then add in my gratuities on the 900RR.

#20 ·
Whoa, no need to start a flame war, gixxer v. Honda. I appreciate everyones opinions but that's all they are, opinions. I agree any bike is stuntable with the right rider. I was simply inquiring what bike would set me off most successfully. I know they are both capable bikes and each have strengths and weaknesses but are both great stunt bikes,
Thanks guys,
LosiRacer

#22 ·
The CBR 900 is a popular choice because they are relatively inexpensive to buy, parts are widely availiable because they were an extremely popular sport bike in the early 90's, and because they obivously have fantastic Honda reliability. Another reason they are quite popular is because the 900 RR started life as a 600 CC motor. It has 600 CC size bores and recieved extra displacement because of a longer stroke compared to many sportbikes. A longer stroke will usually equate to more torque, and more torque lower in the RPM range. I have owned 2 900 RR's now and they are definately quite torquey. They seem to have alot of low end punch. It doesnt feel like you have to rev the shit out of them to reach the power band. The only drawback to them seems to be the front mount oil pick up. The motor does get starved for oil when riding tall wheelies or wheelies for long periods of time. My oil pressure switch even turned the oil light on when doing stoppies! As with any motor with moving parts, it is IMPERATIVE that you maintain a proper level of oil. Over filling is generally not recommended because the crankshaft flywheels will actually hit the oil in the sump if over filled. This not only causes a very significant amount of drag on the flywheels, (decreasing power) but also puts an unnatural load on the main bearings.

#23 ·
losiracer said:
I was hoping to keep the price in the 4k-4.5k price range. So, an older f3 or f2 with a sprocket swap would be good too? It would be lighter and cheaper than a 900, so would it be easier to learn on? Thanks for everyones imput, I will definatley be rocking a Honda for the stunts.
4k for a bike to rag on! pretty expensive toy to trash. f3 is 2.5k-3.5k, ebay the fairings for $500. learn to clutch wheelies. all the torque a 900rr brings is nice if you want it to come up super quick at low speed - great for an experienced stunter, not so much for someone trying to find the bp for the first time. once you have the basics, sprockets will give you all the gearing you need. being a stunt bike it doesn't matter if you are +12 and running 8krpm at 55mph

#24 ·
REd star 11 has pictures of 15 year old boys naked on 1994 honda 900's on his computer.

#26 ·
rob, look at my avatar :twofinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.