Vrod pros and cons? - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
Sport Cruisers A place to discuss the Warrior, M109R, V-Rod, VTX, etc. etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:53 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportrods View Post
I did respond. See my comment above.

Here, I'll quote it.
That's great I hope your response was very informative to the O.P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:14 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
I'm not sure if you know this, but many people buy more than one vehicle, either at the same time or at different times in their lives. On top of this, asking questions on multiple forums can give you more information than asking on one alone.

Wait. Never mind. I see that you're just trolling.
Yeah and you had so much to offer to the OP, You being the Troll you are I expected no more, however I was making my thoughts clear on coming to a sport bike network to find out about a Harley, maybe this is the place you would suggest to do research but not I, If I have questions and concerns about buying a bike of any kind and or modifying said bike like my FJR I go to the FJR site's as I did with my previous FZ1 and so on........ anyway troll if it works for you then that's great
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac 1 View Post
Yeah and you had so much to offer to the OP, You being the Troll you are I expected no more, however I was making my thoughts clear on coming to a sport bike network to find out about a Harley,
I came here because this is the SPORTCRUISERS section and it does list for the Warrior, M109R, V-Rod, VTX and I assume others in the class. Why do people have to be so petty about everything?

Beau

PS Has anyone seen the Victory Hammer S? It is comparable to the V-Rod and is a bit less $ and looks great!

post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Silent pipes take lives

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac 1 View Post
Yeah and you had so much to offer to the OP, You being the Troll you are I expected no more, however I was making my thoughts clear on coming to a sport bike network to find out about a Harley, maybe this is the place you would suggest to do research but not I, If I have questions and concerns about buying a bike of any kind and or modifying said bike like my FJR I go to the FJR site's as I did with my previous FZ1 and so on........ anyway troll if it works for you then that's great
And you've contributed exactly what? You don't even have a sport cruiser. GTFO.

And please, for the love of God, go back to school and take some English courses.

Have fun getting the last word in. Tools always have to.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:55 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotkenpo View Post
I came here because this is the SPORTCRUISERS section and it does list for the Warrior, M109R, V-Rod, VTX and I assume others in the class. Why do people have to be so petty about everything?

Beau

PS Has anyone seen the Victory Hammer S? It is comparable to the V-Rod and is a bit less $ and looks great!
I never said this wasn't a great place to hang out at nor did I say it had nothing to offer, there is allot of info and informative people here, scissors failed someone due to their response of pro. vs con's. I was just stating this is a sport bike network and it may be expected, I generally go to a place where there is an abundance of info from several different users using the exact same thing, there I get the pro's-con's and the cost to modify those by folks that have already done their trial and error so to know basically what works and don't work.
Good luck with your search
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:57 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
And you've contributed exactly what? You don't even have a sport cruiser. GTFO.

And please, for the love of God, go back to school and take some English courses.

Have fun getting the last word in. Tools always have to.
O so now it's a school class, you are so predictable, FOT
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Superbike Champion

I had one of the first three V-Rods sold here in North Carolina. Nothing bad to say just not the bike I had hoped it would be. Sold it to someone in Fl. and haven't heard a word more about the bike. If it fits your style of bike, get it. Harley needs to sell all the bikes they can now days. Up here the papers are full of Harley's and the dealers have a showroom full both new and used.

I hear the new Sportster, not sure what version but the special European version is hot.

FORREALQUICK
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 07:25 PM
World 500 GP Champion

FYI, Harley sales were off 37% last year. Sales of all big bikes were off by at least 50%. Little bikes were sold out.

-- Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Superbike Champion

It's been a tough several of months for quite a few dealers from Aprilia to Yamaha.

FORREALQUICK
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 10:02 AM
SBN Rookie

OK, back on topic. If you have back problems, get one with mid mount pegs/foot controls. Even without back problems, the forward controls put stress on my lower back. If you want a cruiser type, the V-rod is one of the fastest, best looking IMO out there. The biggest cons, to me, are the initial cost (hey, it's a harley) and the cost of upkeep. I'd factor in the cost of things like valve adjustments if you plan on having a dealer do the work. On, and it's a harley so plan on changing the seat.

Ride what you love
Love what you ride
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 10:10 AM
SBN Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotkenpo View Post
Has anyone seen the Victory Hammer S? It is comparable to the V-Rod and is a bit less $ and looks great!
I hate to bring everything back to money, but the less you waste, the more toys you can have. That being said, Victorys (or should that be ies) tend to lose their value fast. I like the looks of several of their bikes, but I wouldn't consider a new one.

I have ridden the Vegas (the root of all their bikes, I believe) and was very impressed. It did make funny noises, but I understand that's normal for them. In any event, I hope you find the bike that's perfect for you.

Ride what you love
Love what you ride
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Supersport Racer

Have you seen the new HD XR1200. Upright seating on a Sportster 1200. Kinda flat track racer style and if I had to get a HD that would be the one i got. This is purely based on staring longingly at one at a dealer, but considering its more like a standard than a cruiser its probably worth a look.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
500 GP Racer

I know this thread has been dead for a bit, but I rode an XR1200 and absolutely loved it, for a harley anyway. If I were going to own another harley it would be a street rod. Those are getting hard to find these days.

6+7+5=1
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
SBN Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJP View Post
I hate to bring everything back to money, but the less you waste, the more toys you can have. That being said, Victorys (or should that be ies) tend to lose their value fast. I like the looks of several of their bikes, but I wouldn't consider a new one.

I have ridden the Vegas (the root of all their bikes, I believe) and was very impressed. It did make funny noises, but I understand that's normal for them. In any event, I hope you find the bike that's perfect for you.
Didn't have the "S" version, but I owned a Victory Hammer for 2 years. It's still my favorite bike I've owned. Styling, IMO, is worlds better than the Vrod, and I'll take it's handling over a Vrod everyday. Great torque, great looks. With some mods, the Hammer can be just as fast in a straight line as the Vrod (and you'll probably still have $$ left over vs. buying the Vrod), and have a better bike for cornering.

I picked my Hammer up used for $11,500 with 8K miles on it. Great value considering I sold it two years later for nearly the same $$.
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM
World 500 GP Racer

I am just guessing at this, but V rod= a shit ton of money; aftermarket for HD= a shit ton of money. You are paying for the name more than anything, other than that, what is so apealing about HD?

03 GSF1200

03 SV1000S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in