www.revzilla.com Review - Sportbikes.net
Riders Gear Helmets, gloves, jackets, boots, etc. You need to protect yourself from everything and anything. So what should you buy? Check out what others have to say.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs up www.revzilla.com Review

Motorcycle, Dirt Bike and ATV Helmets, Gear and Accessories - RevZilla Motorsports

I have been in the market for a new textile jacket for the past three weeks or so. I searched around online for the lowest price for the Teknic Freestyle Jacket and came across two websites. It was either revzilla.com or ridegear.com.

I browsed through revzilla.com's website and found that it was very user friendly and possibly amongst the best website layouts I've ever encountered. A notch above newenough.com in my opinion.

I spoke to Matt who handled my order; I originally emailed him to inquire if they were willing to pricematch a price I found elsewhere, at which point he happily complied.

I ordered this on Thursday (3/13) night, shipped out Friday (3/14) and had it at my door by noon on Monday. (3/17) (Fastest shipping I've ever encountered and it was free shipping as well)

I created this thread so people would be less hesitant to purchase from Revzilla.com since they are fairly new. I'd like it to be known that they have excellent customer service, fast shipping, and some of the lowest prices I've seen on the internet.

Thank You Revzilla!

Ninja edit: P.S. I'd like it to be publicly known that I have never nor do I now have any affiliation with Motorcycle, Dirt Bike and ATV Helmets, Gear and Accessories - RevZilla Motorsports or it's affiliates. Furthermore I have not received any type of monetary compensation for this review. This review is soley for the purpose of sharing a great experience I had.

Last edited by kxl77; 03-17-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Disclaimer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Never worng!

Thanks for the review.

I plan on going to their store in a week or two.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:07 PM
World Superbike Champion

Thanks for the review, sounds like they know how to treat a customer.

Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive anyway

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Club Racer

They have Shark RSX Hooks for $220 shipped. You can't beat that.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Club Racer

My RevZilla experience.

I ordered a jacket almost 3 weeks ago and have still not received it. It was supposed to be at my house about 4 or 5 days from order date.

Have called a few times to check the status and everytime I called their reaction was along the lines of "thats strange that you didn't get it yet". No explanations were offered until today. According to Matt, a couple rare irregularities occurred that influenced the delay. First, the warehouse my jacket was shipping from was "reworking" their system which postponed the shipment from going out the next day to about 6 business days. Second, USPS seems to have lost my package and thus no tracking number was ever provided. I was told a new jacket has been ordered and will ship out in a couple days.

Maybe it was shipped and maybe it wasn't. I doubt I will end up with two of the same jacket at my door in the next week or so, but that was the explanation given. Either way, the staff was always friendly when I called. But up until today I have been pretty frustrated to get home and see that the jacket had not arrived and received no explanation as to why. To compensate for my frustration, they are crediting me $15 back on a $200 (225 w shipping) jacket.

This has been my first and only order with them. Obviously it could have been better, but at least now that they realize the mishap they are making an effort to regain my confidence.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Supersport Racer

What jacket did you order?

peanut butter jelly time !! peanut butter jelly time!! peanut butter jelly time!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM
'The Cartographer'

I ordered a new front tire from Revzilla.com because they had the lowest price. The tire arrived two days later.

I will use Revzilla.com again in the future. I, too, like the site design and layout. The only thing missing is user reviews. This kind of thing takes time, but Revzilla.com could promote the process by offering discounts to customers that post reviews. A simple follow-up email with a link after a sale would suffice.

I value the opinions of others and for that reason I will always consult motorcycle-superstore.com due to the large amount of reviews on that site.

just my $.02

-rodney

-rodney

2005 FZ6
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Fool of the universe

I bought my latest Shark lid from them, I am pleased with their site, prices, and selection. Can't beat it.

I like also some of their filtering they have for their products such as clicking on the size to find out what is in stock for certain lids, colors etc... real powerful interface there nice stuff very useful.

2006 Ninja 500r - SOLD - 2005 Honda CBR F4i - 9000+ miles and counting
"You can't carry a gun with you while you are riding your motorcycle... because you can't carry enough ammo to be satisfied." - Anonymous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
rssniff

Angry Horrible Customer Service

I recently tried to purchase a helmet from Revzilla. Three days later they call and email me to tell me that even though their website said they had it in stock they did not. They did not offer a substitute, only a $10 Revzilla gift card that I would have gotten from my purchase anyway. Then they hold my funds on my debit card for five days so I can not order a helmet from someone else. The helmet I was buying was almost to good of a deal to be true. I guess it was. I think they call this the old bait and switch. I will never attempt to buy from them again.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
World Superbike Champion

I have ordered several items, they carry some brands others don't have. All orders arrived on time, I would use them again.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 02:30 PM
World 500 GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rssniff View Post
I recently tried to purchase a helmet from Revzilla
which helmet was it? i was actually just looking at their website because some of the deals are really really good

i think i will call ahead and make sure they have it before i place an order

RIP Marco Simoncelli #58 and Shoya Tomizawa #48
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 02:55 PM
rssniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSpeed48 View Post
which helmet was it? i was actually just looking at their website because some of the deals are really really good

i think i will call ahead and make sure they have it before i place an order
It was the solid black AGV XR-2. They had it listed at $199.99. I think it is now gone from their site.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Superbike Champion

I was thinking about ordering some teknic chicane boots 2011 from them and the agv willow perforated leather pants from them.

Seems like they are a good company from some of the reviews on here (some of these reviews are OLD)
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 AM
World 500 GP Champion

Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,231 Posts
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

my neighbor's buddy who used to hang out all the time designed that site- seemed like decent people to work for/with- cause I dont' think he would have put up with shit hadn't been otherwise- LOL

I work hard and I play hard.

I'm just like everyone else... only different... and if you don't like it- you can suck it.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Superbike Champion

Good to know Jo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in