Sport Bikes banner

Kangaroo v.s. Cowhide suits... have you tried both?

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  billcosby 
#1 ·
I am thinking about getting a new suit, and I like what I read about the kangaroo hide. Has anyone out there got some opinions on the roo v.s. the normal cowhide? Other than cost, the only other downside I can see is that it is almost impossible to get a roo suit repaired locally. I tend to get down and dirty, so my suits need to be patched up from time to time. Also, being in FL, the suit has to be perforated, but I haven't seen any roo suits with perfs.

Any tips or ideas would be helpful. Thanks

#6 ·
jetblack said:
Good luck on that one.
Yeah I know...poachers are shot quite regularly.

It was just a joke...ahh...nevermind.:lao :cheers

#7 ·
sqchram said:
Ever seen a cow jump?
No, but two guys challenged me to a guitar duel and their tune was frogs.

Like go ahead and jump Frog.

Some silly ass guitar playing...like Petrucci...5 repetitive notes ovr a backdrop of jungle sounds.

I laid down some evil, yearning, smokin' notes, told them POD addiction is a serious disease and to skate.

They got smoked...and disappeared from the internet.

#10 ·
I just came back form my first track day - Jennings GP.

Let me say that I saw maybe one roo suit. The rest were cowhide, and the majority of the experienced riders were wearing SYED Leathers.

Matter of fact, the track shop rents leathers and the ones that were in the best shape despite obvious encounters with asphalt were the SYED suits.

Several Control Riders wore SYED Leathers.

Guess what suit tops my list?

#14 ·
velocity bmg said:
Alligator would be ideal. Would make roo and cow skin seem like charmin.

shit, i thought it was crocodile. no wonder this croc suit i have fits so stiff.

#15 ·
dont kill the kangaroos!!!! Aussie Pride!

#17 ·
I LOVE my Syed custom. Chances are if you crash a Roo hide suit it will be repaired with cow anyway. Roo is pretty darn comfortable while walking around you can tell it's lighter. Haven't done any laps with a Roo suit. No idea how it reacts to water.

A good cowhide suit will last for many seasons and many crashes.

#18 ·
Love it!

I took my new, "virgin" MotoGP Roo suit out to the track yesterday. OMG! It was like wearing nothing. Light, flexible and super comfortable. It's only drawback which normally won't be a problem is that is was a little chilly with is being perforated. The day started out in the 30's and ended up in the mid 50's. I've been wearing a A*s cowhide but it was a little tight and I let a new rider friend borrow it. Cowhide is great but the Roo leather is unbelievable. I was walking around the paddock and in and out of the garages, up stairs and all over and I almost couldn't tell I had it on. If you get the chance, try one on.

Cheers! :cheers

#19 ·
hrrmmm I've been wearing the MotoGP 'roo 1pc suit 99% of the time I've been riding for the last year. it has held up very well. been in the rain etc... it is the only suit i've ever worn so i can't say how it feels comparatively to normal leather. i haven't crash tested it though... that link that was posted does make me nervous about it. also the prefs make it a little cool when the temp drops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.