AGV Helmets - Sportbikes.net
Riders Gear Helmets, gloves, jackets, boots, etc. You need to protect yourself from everything and anything. So what should you buy? Check out what others have to say.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AGV Helmets

Does anyone have any input on these helmets?

Good Bad?
Pro's and Cons?

Its a company that Rossi rides for..but I cant seem to find any information on the quality of the helmet other then its super light..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 10:41 PM
OEM
Umbrella Girl

Well, I have owned 2 AGVs, but neither is the model that Rossi wears (AGV TITECH). I don't know what model my first on was, but my second was an older V-Flyer. Compared to Arai and Nolan (the only other 2 helments I have), the view-hole is smaller on AGVs, limiting the peripheral vision. This may be different on various AGV models. They are also very good quality. The chinstrap did not fray after months of use. The helmets stayed very shiny - enough to get unwanted comments in public. I highsided and landed on my side in my V-Flyer, and am still alive...so I guess they are safe. My V-Flyer was not light compared to my Arai, but my first AGV model was very light. Both AGVs seemed to be louder than Arai. Both were also much cheaper. When I get something to replace the crashed V-Flyer, I will probably go with AGV again.

To sum up, AGV is no Arai, but I haven't tried a top of the line AGV, so I cannot make a good comparison. Hope that helps.

:alky
2003 GSX-R 750
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 07:30 PM
occasional know-it-almost

AGV seems to be very difficult to extract info from. I went to their website, and sent in for info 2 weeks ago about their stealth helmet (quick review in April's motorcyclist mag), that was 2 weeks ago.....and I still haven't heard anything.....but I love the way this helmet looks! My Shoei is 6 yrs old and it's ready to be shelved. I so badly want to try one on for comfort before I spend 3-4 bills on one! Even after not hearing from them, I still want to buy this helmet. I did meet one guy last spring who had an AGV, and he did say that he liked his too.....snug yet comfy....his was more top of the line (Rossi rep. helmet). But still, it would be advantageous to try one on prior to purchasing.....

OEM had some useful answers in his reply.....but I'm with ya mikethegremlin......anybody else have any experience with AGV helmets?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 09:33 PM

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:13 AM
Sandbox hater!!

I had the XR2 and I can say it was my favorite helmet ever. I had to sell it because I accidentaly bought it too big and it loosened up and didn't fit anymore. But it was the best fitting, quietest, non fogging helmet I ever wore. Now this is in comparison with my Arai RX7 (top of the helmet line), Shoei RF1000 (second in their lineup) and a Shark RSR (highest in theirs aswell but now its the RSR2) And I can still say that it was my favorite helmet. Great quality. I will own one again.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
occasional know-it-almost

A follow up to my post.....

I bought the AGV Stealth last week from Dennis Kirk for $346 (but, the best price I saw was at mawonline.com ,but they weren't in stock there... for $260, but dennis kirk matched the price....so it's all good!!) I got it earlier this week, and I love it!! It fits me right, vents well (although it has been cool here... 50's & 60's, I'd like to see what it does when it gets above 80 or so). It was difficult to find one to try on, though. Luckily, my brother knows someone who has one and I was able to try it on. It was a different model, but I took a chance anyway and ordered it (they have a good return policy, so I wasn't risking a loss on it). I am so glad I did. Now I need to order a tinted shield for it! (did I use enough "( )" on this post?)

c-ya!!....of to buy a shield....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 02:40 AM

Stealth is is one of AGV's new models right ???. what's the weight of the lid
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:11 AM

HI
ive purchased this one:

for 230 $
http://www.ridersinc.com/store/custo...at=6506&page=1
the customer service is outstanding,i had mine with a tiny defect and it was replaced no Q asked
just luv it, the quality is superb, the size table is accurate and price is inbeatable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in