Riders beware... Check your gear out. - Sportbikes.net
Riders Gear Helmets, gloves, jackets, boots, etc. You need to protect yourself from everything and anything. So what should you buy? Check out what others have to say.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Living a dream....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Riders beware... Check your gear out.

I was checking out some new gear and came across a forum that showed a rider who had purchaced an Aerostich jacket and found that it didn't protect him as much as he would have thought.
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...ight=aerostich
So here is a link that most of the Police officers are going to.
http://motoport.com/index.asp
I too will be getting one here next week.
Don't be fooled by all the hype on "Bullistic" stuff and companies rename nylon to make it sound better than it is.
The main point is.... Some, if amost all, will melt to you and will be more harmful than if you would have just worn a t-shirt (but I wouldn't recommend either), just be careful of what you buy and make sure you understand what the fabric will do in the event that you may go down.
Be safe....

Life is a limited time offer, ride often.

Last edited by ride200mi; 12-23-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:22 PM
I am MOTARDED

motoport what I have heard is pretty good stuff. there was a msf instructor that hit a deer and went over a in bankment had some good stuff to say about the suit he was wearing at the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
go back to your mom's basement and suck some lead.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Supersport Racer

Hence the reason ballistic nylon gear is a compromise of protection and convenience. It's not meant to be as protective as leather.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Head Rooster

As one of the posts on that forum said. 500 denier cordura is 500 denier cordura reguardless of who puts stiching in it. Leather comes in many grades, thicknesses, and the like.

Good cordura will protect as well as cow. The best cow will protect better than all.

jim schmidt If you didn't spank her hard during first date sex, you've already lost the battle, you wuss and pussy!
Chauncey As we speak, speedy is in class right now learning about anatomy. He had a few questions regarding these things called "testicles" and something called a "spine".
Proud Member of The Cock Crew (Unofficial Fan Club of 'The Pussy Posse') Preventing 'Gay Friends'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...one pecker at a time.

asci_blue Now if you want mean I'll do mean. Men are really evolved women. Since the default gender is female men have to be better.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 04:53 AM
Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI_Blue
As one of the posts on that forum said. 500 denier cordura is 500 denier cordura reguardless of who puts stiching in it. Leather comes in many grades, thicknesses, and the like.

Good cordura will protect as well as cow. The best cow will protect better than all.
The best Kangaroo protects even better. I wish I could afford a roo suit. Next year maybe

But then again...That's just me

And now...the dancing banana:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in