Poll on dunlop 208's - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
Performance and Customizing Share your tips and tricks on customizing your sportbike. From windscreens, footpegs, undertails, flushmounts, paint, exhausts, and tires.

View Poll Results: DO you like dunlop d208's?
Yeah they are alright, nothing special. 18 40.00%
They suck hard ass. 10 22.22%
Never used them. 7 15.56%
Best tire ever! 5 11.11%
dont hate 'em dont love 'em 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 04:46 PM
OEM
Umbrella Girl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Same as 207s in my opinion. The edges seem to wear more and grip more - so they made the edges softer? Donno. The tire does blad faster in the middle if you commute a lot - in So Cali, the speeds are around 70 - 80 commuting (if you aren't caught in traffic). Going fast in a straight line on hot days eats them up fast.

The profile seems to be a bit wider than the other tires I have tried, so steering is a bit slower. They warm up fast, and slide very predictable. You don't want to Garry Mccoy it around turns, but you can catch it very easily. Fronts cup if you brake hard while slightly leaned over. Excellent in water, but the Metzler Sportecs are better in the wet. Not sure about track days, but one day of aggressive riding in the mountains (it was hot) and I noticed a lot of wear. For street tires, I prefer Metzler Sportecs - a bit better grip, with the same amount of wear. My 2nd choice is 208s.

:alky
2003 GSX-R 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casket Crew
Mich pilot H2s are what I moved to after a set of 207s and then 208s I slid all over the place with dunlop tires the pilots are 10000% better
glad I wasn't the only one. I had the worst luck with my 208s. Seeing they were my first tires ever, I have a really hard time with being confident on my bike. I get scared in corners cause my 208's slid out so many times, even in the best road conditions "nice warm newer black top no rain for over a week" My BT010 has inspired more confidence in me as of lately I'm less frightened of the corners, but I still have a huge fear of the corner for sliding.

My next tires will be something that has 100% feedback when it comes to stickiness. Tread life is nothing to me as I've put 3 rear tires on my bike in 4400 miles.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 08:56 PM
500 GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evils-03-RR
glad I wasn't the only one. I had the worst luck with my 208s. Seeing they were my first tires ever, I have a really hard time with being confident on my bike. I get scared in corners cause my 208's slid out so many times, even in the best road conditions "nice warm newer black top no rain for over a week" My BT010 has inspired more confidence in me as of lately I'm less frightened of the corners, but I still have a huge fear of the corner for sliding.

My next tires will be something that has 100% feedback when it comes to stickiness. Tread life is nothing to me as I've put 3 rear tires on my bike in 4400 miles.
3 tires in 4400 miles?? Are you doing burnouts all of the time or something? I got 5500 miles out of my 207's, which I thought were horrible.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 08:58 PM
500 GP Racer

OK, I don't know if there's two types, 208 and 208gp, but I have 208gps, which I think are very very good, compared to my 207's anyway. With my 207's, they seemed to resist turning, and when I did lean hard and give it gas, I felt it slip, 3 different times, once I almost lost it. 208gps haven't slipped yet, haven't ridden them hard, but I can lean sooooo much easier, I could tell a difference as soon as I got on and rode out of the parking lot. I commute on my bike, so I'll see soon enough how many miles I get out of them.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 05:53 AM
Combat Marshmellow

i had regular 208 on for my trackday and it had less than 500 miles or street rideing on it - after 2 sessions it started coming apart at the seam - so i picked up some 208 gp's at the track - had to or my day would have been over... they worked great

ASMA AM #75

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]GF&T Racing [/FONT]- Ultimate Imports, ECS Dyno, Stalemate27 Custom Paint, ASMA Trackside Support
badgixxer(3), Philbie(4), TSAVO5150(4), ur2ez(1), Faster Sissy(2), Sometime Racer(12), kz2zx(3), MO(1), FWrider(6), pbandj19(5), gixerking(1), SilentR1(3), Jordan121787(4) toyotapower(9 and counting :twofinger), GoSlow&Crash(1), Zach (1)
Arroyo Seco, Firebird, HPT, MAM, JenningsGP, MMP, Hallett, Putnam Park.....
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desp
3 tires in 4400 miles?? Are you doing burnouts all of the time or something? I got 5500 miles out of my 207's, which I thought were horrible.
I did some burnouts, but no from everyone around here I talked to if you ride hard IE corner hard fast straights they dont last 1800-2000 miles. I know a couple guys here that get new tires every month 2000 miles a month and never do a single burnout. They just ride hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in