Shoot the shit - Page 50 - Sportbikes.net
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #736 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 10:28 PM
you smokin track?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

got sunburnt on lake boca. life is tuff.

you don't know when, you don't know where, but you will know why.:devil
[COLOR="Blue"]Rider Resume:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Tire mounting and balancing, small puncture repair, lighting, and scheduled maintenance. services available 24/7. I work for beer.[COLOR="Blue"]610-299-4017
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #737 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 08:16 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanaboy View Post
Saw an R1 Black (Game Preserve Road), and I was followed by a R6 I believe, also black (Rt.100).
Damn that was YOU?? Look at my bike just below my name. Yea I flew down Sell rd and was kinda surprised to see that intersection with no stop signs and a "no outlet". So I made a right turn and followed that road for a bit, then I spun a U-Turn and said to myself "I wonder if I can catch that guy on the Motard??" I caught you just as you were turning onto rt.100, but then there were about 6 cars that came behind you. So I had to pass all of them on that turn lane up the hill. Wish I would have known it was you. Didn't know if you saw me I didn't see mirrors on your bike. BTW I was up there checking out SGL 205, might do some archery hunting up there. You didn't seem to see me so I hung a right at Fogelsville and went down old 100. About a mile or so I hung a left. Some good roads there.

Yea it wasn't a bad day as long as you kept alert, still alot of junk on the roads. I saw very few bikes tho.
post #738 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:58 AM
SV650 WEEEEEEEE

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron4406 View Post
Damn that was YOU?? Look at my bike just below my name. Yea I flew down Sell rd and was kinda surprised to see that intersection with no stop signs and a "no outlet". So I made a right turn and followed that road for a bit, then I spun a U-Turn and said to myself "I wonder if I can catch that guy on the Motard??" I caught you just as you were turning onto rt.100, but then there were about 6 cars that came behind you. So I had to pass all of them on that turn lane up the hill. Wish I would have known it was you. Didn't know if you saw me I didn't see mirrors on your bike. BTW I was up there checking out SGL 205, might do some archery hunting up there. You didn't seem to see me so I hung a right at Fogelsville and went down old 100. About a mile or so I hung a left. Some good roads there.

Yea it wasn't a bad day as long as you kept alert, still alot of junk on the roads. I saw very few bikes tho.
I saw you, but I didn't know if there was some sort of official signal I was supposed to do haha, sorry. Also, I didn't think you were the same guy from that intersection, figured 'he' went down that road. Awesome bike though I have a CRG Hindsight on the left bar which is pretty hard to see for anyone but me. I would have slowed you down though haha, top speed of 90 MPH...and a minute to get there... If you ever want to ride, I'm good for Saturday and Sunday mornings, and Mon-Wed-Friday nights. The rest of my time is working. I'm a non-hooligan rider, My bike is geared down to keep the front end on the pavement during launches...my poor clutch hates me though

Hope yesterday was fun, and if you went down 863 all the way to Rt. 143, hope you had no near misses...that road was fit for a Yamaha Raptor instead of a Motorcycle...geesh PENDOT gets carried away with the salt and grit! I was dissapointed in biek turn out as well, it was sucha beautiful day too!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i - My grocery list is RICE
2012 Suzuki Weeeeeee-Strom!

post #739 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 06:07 PM
World Superbike Racer

Yea I'm usually riding for fun Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings, I commute on my bike when the weather is above 35 in the mornings too. Now I know its you on the motard we'll be sure to see each other.

BTW just got back from a little vacation with my GF, we were in the Luray, Va area. Talk about awesome motorcycle roads along rt.211 , makes me wish I had my bike!
post #740 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 AM
SV650 WEEEEEEEE

Is Rt. 211 the blue Mt. Parkway? We drove that for roughly 40 miles I believe on vacation once, and it was just insane. 1.) almost no cars and 2.) great scenic views and roads for motorcycles galore!

Once we get a consistent mid 50's week, I'll be riding everywhere unless rain is forecasted. Joy riding will be Monday/Wednesday/Friday nights, and I'll be hitting group rides on the weekends if they are in the morning

One more thing; Since you talked sense in to me Mikey(damn your reasoning!) I think I'm going to save my pennies for a 2006 version of these:

I'm finding them for as low as $4,000 in our area with only 2k miles or less! Plus, observed mileage during highway is 58-60 MPG, with a thrashing mileage of 52 MPG...that's bettere than my one lunger and the 650R has double the HP and torque! (70HP and 50 Torque respectively)

post #741 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
mmm mmm good...

not bad specs for a twin.....only thing i dont like about 'em is the rear shock configuration. seems a bit too easy to get some body bits caught in there if your not careful.

got a pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006-Kawasaki-Ninja650d.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	154770  

post #742 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 08:55 AM
SV650 WEEEEEEEE

The specs fit me and what I want perfectly.

Good mileage?: Check!
Good Looks? : Check!
60-90 HP? : Check!
Low end tq?: Check!
Not 26 Yrs. old? : Check!

The only negatives I have heard are the gas gauge light, uncomfy seat (hello Corbin!) and clanky trans when just strolling along...apparently the more pressure int he trans, the better it shifts..ironically just like the Subaru I have

post #743 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:28 PM
World Superbike Racer

No Rt. 211 goes from exit 264 on I81 and goes all the way past Skyline drive (Shenandoah National Park) . You go up and down two big mountain ranges, unreal roads look just like Deal's Gap. Skyline drive is insane too- however 1. WAAAAY too many deer and 2. HUGE dropoffs if you mess up. Skyline drive turns into the Blue Ridge Parkway

BTW get that 650r!!

Last edited by baron4406; 03-21-2008 at 04:35 PM.
post #744 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
SV650 WEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron4406 View Post
No Rt. 211 goes from exit 264 on I81 and goes all the way past Skyline drive (Shenandoah National Park) . You go up and down two big mountain ranges, unreal roads look just like Deal's Gap. Skyline drive is insane too- however 1. WAAAAY too many deer and 2. HUGE dropoffs if you mess up. Skyline drive turns into the Blue Ridge Parkway

BTW get that 650r!!
Gotchya.

And trust me, I want that 650R so badly.... It's better in every aspect (except weight) and gets better MPG... I might stab for one come mid summer, I don't have the money now.

post #745 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 08:26 PM

no love for the SV650S???
i was dead set on the 650R myself, but i prefer the look and feel of clipons versus handlebars. the SV also has a tad more power and i think weighs a little less.
the Ninja is definitely a pretty bike though. at least take a look at an SV and see if you can get test rides on them both.

i know you'll be happy with either, they're great bikes
post #746 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 AM
SV650 WEEEEEEEE

Bleh...I don't know. I can't make up my mind now. I won't lie, I think the 650R is worlds better looking, and has great MPG, but some quick research on google again, showed that the SV650 makes similar MPG numbers, on a lighter frame, with more hP. Of course, there is the huge cult following of the SV as well... Pre-02 model SV's get up to 50 MPG, and the 650R gets 58 as a ceiling...I guess that isn't a huge difference, and both are better than the 28 MPG Subaru.

On a sidenote, I got to clean a dead duck out of a drain for a pond this morning. It got sucked in somehow and drowned...kinda sucks. The do make a great plug for a pond drainage pipe though I feel bad now.

post #747 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:54 PM
THE BIG CHEEZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanaboy View Post
Gotchya.

And trust me, I want that 650R so badly.... It's better in every aspect (except weight) and gets better MPG... I might stab for one come mid summer, I don't have the money now.
woot woot, this mans getting a sportbike...

I have the deal of a century for you if you want to take it...

check your pm box...

christian sportbike association # 953
"riding the winding road to salvation" :smilierr

[B]2000 Honda VFR800FI RC46[/B]
post #748 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
World Superbike Racer

Hi all!! just thought i'd drop in and give a shout out for the SV650s my first ride.. she's in another female riders hands now!!

Never underestimate second chances; my new scooter: Ducati Monster
post #749 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
SV650 WEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym View Post
woot woot, this mans getting a sportbike...

I have the deal of a century for you if you want to take it...

check your pm box...
I found my next bike, and I'm picking it up hopefully Friday night. It is just about the exact opposite of what my goals for a bike were. I wanted medium power, upright riding position, good mileage, regular gas, and lightweight. What I got was:

post #750 of 1170 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:38 PM
World Superbike Racer

Fireblade HO!!!

Congrats!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in