User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
I own license2ill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cycle shop experiences good or bad

Have a shop you want to tell us about? Was the service good? Did you get what you expected? How about the price?

Please feel free to tell us about shops you have delt with good or bad so we all know what to watch out for or just where to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IF I WANTED YOUR LIP ........I'D JIGGLE MY ZIPPER

* *NORTHEAST MOD .* *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
I own license2ill

Millennium Cycle in Beaver Falls

Pretty good shop not much sport bike related stuff but they do carry some. The prices are pretty decent there also. The staff is more than willing to let you bug them and are always friendly. They are pretty good with stuff you order there to. They are pretty much spot on with the date they give you for stuff to arive ect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IF I WANTED YOUR LIP ........I'D JIGGLE MY ZIPPER

* *NORTHEAST MOD .* *
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 09:15 PM

Bob Tracey's World of Cycles in Moon Township. [www.worldofcycles.com]

Friendly, knowledgeable people, always willing to give you a hand, advice, etc. And there's this blonde that works there... *drool* (I must admit, I was unduly brought into the purchase of my bike based on the neckline of her shirt. )

But I digress. It's a great shop, they have everything from Yamaha sport bikes to cruisers to off-road vehicles (ATV/off-road bikes), Ninjas galore, gear, accessories, merchandise...

And their service department is real good to deal with, on top of that.

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:47 AM

Stroud Motorsports in Stroudsburg, PA....
they suck, take your business elsewhere. RIDICULOUSLY overpriced items, non friendly service, elitest attitudes. Worked on my bike once and kept it for an extra two days for absolutely no reason other than laziness.

North American Warhorse...www.nawarhorse.com scranton, PA
these people are awesome and they have a HUGE facility. Every kind of bike, gear, accessories. Super friendly and fair prices. I actually went there to try on boots and they didnt have my size, so the lady (very cute, btw) looked them up for me and found them at a sick price from a closeout manufacturer they do business with. HIGHLY recommended.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 01:31 PM
WYPIWYG

Zechmans Yamaha in Pine Grove

Sucks!!!! I purchased my 05 FZ6 there in April. My only other choice for a close Yamaha dealer was Reading. I was trying to get a deal from All Seasons on the Fifth Street in Reading but they only had one in stock and some guy got approved for credit but never picked it up. The lady told me she couldn't budge on price but if I got there before him it was mine. Zechmans price was a little higher but they waived freight and setup. Out the door, I was around $7000 which I found out was a bit high afterwards. Anywho, what I didn't have when I left was an inspection sticker and the owners manual. They ran out of stickers and couldn't find the manual anywhere. The service tech ran out with a $20 so I could get it inspected on my own. I didn't really care...I walked in the shop and about 1/2 hour I was riding home. I rode the bike to work the next day in Palmyra and stopped at Pat & Sons Kawie dealer in Annville to get it inspected. I didn't have my insurance binder yet and they wouldn't inspect it without it. Zechmans told me the bike was somehow covered under my auto insurance. Again, didn't care...I was getting a bike. I had to wait about an hour for my insurance company to fax a copy of the binder to Pat & Sons.

I had to make a second trip to Zechmans to pick up the manual once they found it in their filing cabinet. But the final straw was a phone call that I got. Turns out all my paperwork was wrong!! They put the wrong VIN on my paperwork and they didn't catch it until they transferred the other FZ they had to Lebanon Valley Cycle. So on my third trip, I walked in and said that I was there to pick up my new bike...You see I have this paperwork that says I own a different bike! I guess they didn't find it funny. I asked the guy if there was anything that they could do seeing as this was my 3rd special trip for their incompetance. He asked what I wanted and I said some gear would be nice...helmet, gloves, jacket...SOMETHING FOR MY TROUBLE. Unfortunately, they deal mostly in motorcross and off-road gear so they didn't have anything in stock to give me.

So I am here to spread the word. Steer clear of Pine Grove. Take the trip to Lebanon Valley Cycle if you are in the western part of Schuylkill County. There aren't many options where I live as far as where to go for Yamahas. I live near Orwigsburg so it was either a 1/2 hour to Pine Grove or a 1/2 hour to Reading. 2 days after I bought it, the manager from All Seasons in Reading called and asked if I was still interested. I told him that the lady couldn't deal cuz they only had one in stock that was spoken for. He said that he could have done something. Hindsight is always 20/20. I will definitely take the longer trip next time.

So..... Zechmans!

[QUOTE=04Fizzer] This forum has always been a helpful bunch of smartasses. [/QUOTE]
[B]Gear:[/B]
Joe Rocket Atomic 2.0 Textile Jacket
HJC CL-15 Orbit Helmet

[B]Mods?:[/B]
Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
Bike Cover

[B]Wish List:[/B]
FE Kit
Seat Cowl
Lower Fairing
GPS Handlebar Mount

:cheers
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 08:35 PM

Karns Performance in Camp Hill PA. A guy named jason runs it. good guy price is fair. For you people over near philly. There is a place called Speedwerks in Dover PA. They Rock!
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:19 AM

maxxed cycle in lansdale, pa. They are very honest and does awesome work.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 04:21 PM

Ray Wilt In Hanover PA. Service Shop needs customer service training. Long story short. I needed my fork seals replaced. They didnt have them in stock when I dropped the forks off. Told me one or two days to get them in and "we'll take care of ya" Called them 2 days later, "oh yeah the seals are here, but you have to wait a week for a service spot to be open" when I picked them up talked to service manager. Basicly, that shouldnt of happened and sorry. I work in a shop, when a part is on order and comes in we focus on that car to knock it out to make the customer happy. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 AM
mmm mmm good...

Bob Tracey's (Sewickly) - good place, but my buddy was going to get his bike after a tire change and was passed at about 90 by his own bike. A test drive is one thing, but rippin on someone elses ride is wrong.

Crossroads (Cranberry) - got ripped on a Dunflop qualifier, $188.98, only after they had it mounted did they let me know the price.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 03:14 PM
World Superbike Champion

B&B Yamaha in Lancaster, Pa.

Good shop, great service. best place for inspection, Will pass a highly modded bike.

Good prices on gear & every body get 10% off all parts. If there is a part on the market, they will get it for you.

http://www.bblancasterpa.com/

post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
500 GP Racer

Bohn Yamaha and Suzuki in Pittsburgh (on 51) is terrific!
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Old Glory Cycle shop. Lancaster, PA

These guys are flat out the best. They're expensive as far as repair shops go $65/hr. But you get the best when you pay for the best. Stan, the head mechanic, holds the national record on a nitro bike he built. So when I had to have my motor rebuilt they put everything they had into getting it done. They make sure they take care of you and don't try to sell you anything you don't need. Highly recommend these guys.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Balls Out Naked

WWW.EVERYTHING-BUT-THE-BIKE.COM

www.myspace.com/everythingbutthebike

Allan at EBTB is awesome and he's giving all first time customers 15% off thier entire initial order!

Big ups to him.
Jay

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][b]SPEEDING TICKET IN PA? EMAIL ME FOR HELP.[/b][/COLOR]
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorginalronin
Ray Wilt In Hanover PA. Service Shop needs customer service training. Long story short. I needed my fork seals replaced. They didnt have them in stock when I dropped the forks off. Told me one or two days to get them in and "we'll take care of ya" Called them 2 days later, "oh yeah the seals are here, but you have to wait a week for a service spot to be open" when I picked them up talked to service manager. Basicly, that shouldnt of happened and sorry. I work in a shop, when a part is on order and comes in we focus on that car to knock it out to make the customer happy. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
I was also going to comment on Ray Wilt which is now Hanover Powersports or something like that.

When these guys were owned by Ray, they were a great shop. Their sales and service were both top notch. About 3 years ago they were bought out by some big company and now they suck. Their staff turnover is through the roof, they just find the cheapest 17 year old that knows nothing to throw on the floor. They have a big selection available but their prices are outrageous IMO.

I would avoid at all costs which I hate to say because I use to be a big proponent for this place, not any more.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:23 PM

been there done that

I've been there many times for standard stuff. Never a problem. I moved last year and need to take my bike to Crossroad powersports, any info on this place?

Check out this new site: www.sportbikes.net - brand new forum start it off today!
Later everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in