LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
500 GP Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Yes that is subjective, but I would think a floor with 1098's, RSVR Factories, & 675's sitting there is close to two wheel nirvana.
BMW of North Hills sounds like the same dealership. They have Triumph, Duc, BMW.
I've ridden all of them and for a track beast I'll stick with Yamaha. Although I raced (and crashed!) a 675 last year in an endurance race and loved it on the straights. I've never been on a 1098 actually, so I can't speak for it but the 999 I threw around I just couldn't get used to...and I personally haven't enjoyed any medium duc since the 748. I'll take a speed triple on the street anyday though..tourque monster that doesn't kill my back. The stubby ass tail on the new model is kinda of odd looking though.

But I hear what you're saying...they're purdy (and pricey).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 02:11 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwtrainer View Post
Good:
Trans AM Cycle in Lancaster is top notch. Very good service, the people there are knowledgeable and polite. Great prices and they will find a way to get you the lowest prices possible.

Bad:
Andretti's Motorsports in Leesport is a sh*thole. Not a good selection of sportbikes and their sales manager sucks. I will say that their service department and parts department are very nice and know what they are talking about. However, there is a gentleman there who's name is Eric, if he tries to help you out, tell him you want to deal with someone else. He comes off being nice but he is a real a$$. He goes back on everything he tells you, I would not recommend going to their bikeshop unless you want to get ripped off.
I must say that I have to disagree with your opinion on Andretti's. I just bought my '08 kawi ninja 250 from Eric and he was a pretty good salesman in my opinion. He was very patient with me as I called at least twice a week in regards to when my bike would be in, as it was on backorder for quite a while. Granted, they do not have a very large selection, but they can pretty much have anything on order if you ask. I would definitely recommend Andretti's Powersports in Leesport. No problems with my purchase! ...But maybe that's cause I'm a chick.
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawigrl05 View Post
I must say that I have to disagree with your opinion on Andretti's. I just bought my '08 kawi ninja 250 from Eric and he was a pretty good salesman in my opinion. He was very patient with me as I called at least twice a week in regards to when my bike would be in, as it was on backorder for quite a while. Granted, they do not have a very large selection, but they can pretty much have anything on order if you ask. I would definitely recommend Andretti's Powersports in Leesport. No problems with my purchase! ...But maybe that's cause I'm a chick.
I bought a 250 from him years ago (have sold it and got a ZZR600 since) but he comes off nice but didn't follow through with anything he said. My brother-in-law just bought a bike from them and said he did not have a good experience with him either. I think it must be a chick thing... If I had boobs maybe things would have been different.

post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
the young white kid there doesnt know shit
Which one? Matt?
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Superbike Racer

Phila Suburbs

There is a few shops I want to mention in here... As a girl, trying to buy a bike, the guys have a lot to say. Some of it was really disrespectful. So here's my experiences:

Crossroads Powersports, Upper Darby, PA: I don't trust the parts guys (they tried to sell me a discontinued helmet at full price that was more than 2 years old and I said repeatedly it wasn't what I wanted). But the guys in the shop, like Gary, rock. Gary does all the work on my bike that I don't do myself. Its where I ended up buying my SV. (All because of Gary! I love that guy.)

Cycle Max, Honey Brook, PA: One of the sales guys was fabulous (I think his name was Rick). Had total respect for me, asked me to sit on all sorts of bikes, asked what I liked, what I didn't like, asked me how each felt, gave me some hints on riding and BUYING bikes (what to look for, what questions to ask)... Introduced me to the SV. I definitely recommend these guys.

Cycle City, Broomall, PA: Sexist. Disrespectful. And the guy I dealt with was a liar... (even the chick was disrespectful)... "You're too little to be on anything bigger than a 250." (HA!)

Ken Carr, Norristown, PA: I love Karen in Parts/Accessories. She's got a great attitude and if she can't find what you are looking for, it doesn't exist. These guys are great to deal with, definitely wonderful.

Ray's, Reading, PA: These guys stayed open late just to let me "browse." (I had already gotten my SV and I told him I was not looking for a new bike, but he said, "Well, if we treat you nice now, when you're ready to get another bike, maybe you'll think of us." Now that's customer service.)

And in case you are looking for a Harley Davidson:

My dad went to several dealerships, got lots of BS, (Famous Mike's was the worst)... Ended up at Smaltz's in Exton, PA. Definitely recommend them he said.
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
World Superbike Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwtrainer View Post
Which one? Matt?

I think thats him, he works the parts counter.
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Superbike Champion

Deep Creak Marina, Deep Creak, MD
Sucks. They had a decent selection of Suzukis, and some full face helmets. Looks like they ditched the bikes now, but it's no loss. The blonde chick at the parts counter was clueless and a snob. No Way would they match pricing- for anything you might order. Decent pricing on the SV I looked at, but only because it was two years old and they couldn't move it.

Extreme Powersports, McHenry, MD
Nice place- Aprilias and now all the Zooks from the Marina. Great selection of Prillers- SMs, dirt, Milles and Tuonos. Now they have the Mana and Shiver too. They have a few A* jackets and gloves, and Suomy helmets. I demoed a Tuono and Mille there last year. Everybody is really cool, but they're usually downstairs in the garage. They deal in trade-ins too. Saw a XB12 Firebolt and a 999 there at different times. I almost bought a Suomy helmet from them, but found a Shoei fits better and bought somewhere else- they totally understood, and even called me to let me know about a price change on the lid I was looking at.

Aquatic Center, McHenry, MD
Small dealer where I bought my 650R. No problem working them down on the price. Now they have mostly jet skis and dirt bikes, but at the time they had several Yamaha and Kawi sportbikes. One or two of the salesman/techs know there stuff, but they also have one lousy salesman and a few young dumb kids. Almost no street gear. Even the young guys will work with you to order what you need- I've spent several hours now poring over there computer fiches and catalogs. Usually though, I have to tell them what goes where. When I bought my bike, they had a really good guy that was the only person at six dealers that helped show me the details I asked about- as far as pulling the seat and showing me how to get to the rear master cylinder. Went looking for oil, and the salesman told me "Kawasaki doesn't make that anymore." BS!

Cernicks, Somerset, PA
They are sick of seeing me. I was in there a lot when I was buying- trying on all the different sporties they have- Yam, Zook, and Kaw. Salesmen are pretty pushy, especially if they see you're just trying on gear. Couldn't tell me why a "premium" oil cost double what my usual oil does, or why the label was different. I had to point out that the additives were different, and that I already looked where "my" oil usually was, and still got stuck with a Honda oil that cost $1 more than Kawi because I wanted to get it done. The shop guy that changed my tires was decent, and fast. Some kind of misunderstanding between the shop guy and counter, because I paid $20 to have two tires mounted and balanced.

Cumberland Cycles, Corriganville, MD
Out of the way place, but I've found some great deals on gear there. A pair of leather Firstgear Pilot pants for $160, nice tailbag for $25, Draggin Jeans for $45. Helpful people, but kind of difficult to find a time when they can change a tire.

RoadRash, Irwin, PA
Hole in the wall place. Great selection of gear, especially for such a small shop. Independent. Subject to screw ups. I ordered a set of Diablo Stradas, and they ended up with a Strada front and Diablo Rosso rear. Not their fault though- the supplier dicked up and put the wrong sticker on the tire. So I got the Rosso and a Diablo front they had in stock for a reduced price. Best tires I've ever run. Cool guys there, unfortunately they're closed down because of a break-in and theft.
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Supersport Racer

Quote:
I think thats him, he works the parts counter.
Hmmm, I didn't think he was bad. There is another guy there who really knows his stuff and pretty much has an answer to every question about parts/accessories that you could have. Matt does tricks on dirt bikes just about every morning before the shop opens up around the shop/parking lot. It's pretty entertaining to watch. I can't remember how many tires he went through by breaking the valve stem off from being goofy in the parking lot.
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Back Marker

Montgomeryville cycles is horrible to deal with... purchased my bike there and tried to use them for service, but apparently my money is not good enough..

Pocono Motorsports
Pocono Motorsports

Great for tire/oil changes (walk in no problem)..... but for big jobs (valves in my case) I wouldn't reccomend.

Jeramie
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Monkeyville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeramie View Post
Montgomeryville cycles is horrible to deal with... purchased my bike there and tried to use them for service, but apparently my money is not good enough..

Pocono Motorsports
Pocono Motorsports

Great for tire/oil changes (walk in no problem)..... but for big jobs (valves in my case) I wouldn't reccomend.
I'm not sure about large jobs, but I've had great experiences with Montgomeryville Cycle Center. (Ironically, no longer located in M-ville.) I've only purchased two motorcycles new, and got both of them from there. The only service that I had done there was factory recall work on my FZ6 (TPS and some other item) and I was very satisfied in how it was handled. Just to talk to BobbyB in the accessories department is worth a trip in itself!

I hate anyone working on any of my vehicles, so I was relieved that they handled it very well.

=============
JimE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 04:18 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Karns performance in camp hill.

Hartsdale road behind the capital city mall.

THESE GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I Recommend u guys check them out. They are riders just like us and provide excellent customer service. Always willing to work out a deal with u. Got my valves checked for 60 bucks.

-------------------------
Route 125 junkie!
post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 01:17 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyYamahaR6 View Post
Karns performance in camp hill.

Hartsdale road behind the capital city mall.

THESE GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I Recommend u guys check them out. They are riders just like us and provide excellent customer service. Always willing to work out a deal with u. Got my valves checked for 60 bucks.
Checked your valves for $60 on an R-6... I can tell you that they NEVER dis-assembled ANYTHING to check your valves. They listened to it with their ears and said "Valves are good"
How many miles do you have on your R-6? If it's less than 24k, you didn't need to check them.
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Deutsche RŁstungsteilung

Thanked 1,259 Times in 657 Posts
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Checking valves is a 2 hour job on most faired ss bikes, and requires new gaskets at least. Ron (Papa) knows his shit, so for $60 you got gypped.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Green"][B]Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Konigstiger {King Tiger}. Known as the "Royal Tiger" to the Allies.[/B][/COLOR]

[SIZE="2"]2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80[/SIZE]
post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
B&B Yamaha in Lancaster, Pa.

Good shop, great service. best place for inspection, Will pass a highly modded bike.

Good prices on gear & every body get 10% off all parts. If there is a part on the market, they will get it for you.

Manheim, Pennsylvania, KTM, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Scooter, Uttility Vehicle, Dealer, Used,, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

+1. fairly cheap parts and accessories. Great inspections, and tire installs. Their labor prices are kinda high, but they do great work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 PM
SBN Rookie

Horns Outdoor in Mt Bethel Pa. As far as price goes, I paid MSRP for my ninja, but didnt pay freight or assembly. I cant argue, it was a cash sale, probably had some room to bargain, but I dont nickel and dime people when I want something I dont really need. Scott and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in