LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3976 of 4460 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Sport Touring Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drur View Post
I think the buffeting may be caused by my clutch lever. Definitely the clutch lever.
pull it off and shift clutchless

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25,600 miles and counting - 22,000 since May 08
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3977 of 4460 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Haga's protege

you sure it isnt from the gas cap?

possibly the rear fender have been known to cause that along with valve caps

:gsxr 600 power!
[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
post #3978 of 4460 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Taking my time....

No guys, I read that if you flip the clutch lever upside down and cut it down by .8764", it will fix the problem.

[B][COLOR="Red"]They travel in the time of the prophets
On a desert highway straight to the heart of the sun
Like lovers and hereos, and the restless part of everyone
We're only at home when we're on the run[/COLOR][/B]:twofinger[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #3979 of 4460 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Back Marker

Well, I made a deal with the (ex)wife. She gets half my stuff, and I get to do whatever the hell I want from now on. So hopefully if I don't stay slammed with work I'll be able to get out and ride more in the very near future.

I've gotten pretty comfortable on the starter bike I picked up, and am sorta looking to trade up for something a little bit newer (if I can find a good enough deal and get the financing), but not too new. I don't want to have to sell a kidney just to fix it when I finally go down.

I guess at least now I can finally afford to pick up some much needed stuff from NewEnough since my bills just went WAY down, haha.

Headed up to IL for the 4th weekend, but hopefully sometime after that I'll be able to join you guys on some of these weekend rides. Definitely looking forward to it. I haven't seen but maybe a handful of people from around here that ride sport bikes.

Who are the decent pre-owned sport bike dealers in this area? I don't mind traveling within say maybe 100 miles? I was just trying to find someone that posted their inventory online so I could get an idea of what I was looking at before I drove around to check out bikes. I would definitely prefer to stick with another ZX6R if possible, the one I've got is awesome, but a little (lot) rough around the edges.

Last edited by rman2003; 06-30-2010 at 12:39 AM.
post #3980 of 4460 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman2003 View Post
Well, I made a deal with the (ex)wife. She gets half my stuff, and I get to do whatever the hell I want from now on. So hopefully if I don't stay slammed with work I'll be able to get out and ride more in the very near future.

I've gotten pretty comfortable on the starter bike I picked up, and am sorta looking to trade up for something a little bit newer (if I can find a good enough deal and get the financing), but not too new. I don't want to have to sell a kidney just to fix it when I finally go down.

I guess at least now I can finally afford to pick up some much needed stuff from NewEnough since my bills just went WAY down, haha.

Headed up to IL for the 4th weekend, but hopefully sometime after that I'll be able to join you guys on some of these weekend rides. Definitely looking forward to it. I haven't seen but maybe a handful of people from around here that ride sport bikes.

Who are the decent pre-owned sport bike dealers in this area? I don't mind traveling within say maybe 100 miles? I was just trying to find someone that posted their inventory online so I could get an idea of what I was looking at before I drove around to check out bikes. I would definitely prefer to stick with another ZX6R if possible, the one I've got is awesome, but a little (lot) rough around the edges.
Sorry about your marriage failure. that sucks.

Any new bike dealer should have used bikes too. Not sure if Festus is too far away, but we have a boatload of used bikes.

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3981 of 4460 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Back Marker

Krid, while I definitely do appreciate the sentiment, its most certainly not something to be sorry for. It's only a failure if you fail to learn something from the experience, and believe me... I learned plenty!

As far as dealers go, I don't think Festus would be too far. Do you guys happen to post your inventory on the web?

Last edited by rman2003; 06-30-2010 at 09:58 AM.
post #3982 of 4460 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman2003 View Post
Krid, while I definitely do appreciate the sentiment, its most certainly not something to be sorry for. It's only a failure if you fail to learn something from the experience, and believe me... I learned plenty!

As far as dealers go, I don't think Festus would be too far. Do you guys happen to post your inventory on the web?
Festus, Missouri, Polaris, Tomberlin, Victory, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Utility-Vehicles, Watercraft, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

not everything is online though.

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3983 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
World Superbike Champion

well me and drur looked at my tires today and i think i'm about 2000 miles away from haveing to replace them. that would put me at about 4000 to 4500 and that sucks on a duel compound tire, but i guess thats what you get for more horse power. well just to put my two cents in on the helment issue. i found that if i wash my bike and dry it off and just sit on it in the drive way and tell people i ride it i don't get the helment buffering you guys are talking about. you should try it all the cool kids are doing it inmy neighbore hood.
post #3984 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Sze

buffeting fix??? (gen2) - FZ1OA Message Board

.....BUFFETING...... - FZ1OA Message Board

Wind Buffeting? - FZ1OA Message Board

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks-[/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by UNDERTOW; 07-02-2010 at 01:33 AM.
post #3985 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Superbike Racer

hey festus has two r1s for sale, but don't take the black one, thats mine for next riding season.
post #3986 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotfazed View Post
hey festus has two r1s for sale, but don't take the black one, thats mine for next riding season.
we have three, remember? two 2007's (red and gray) and the black 2008.

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3987 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Taking my time....

Glen rode over 1000 miles in 20.5 hours on an FZ1 and never mentioned anything about wind buffeting.

Glen, want to throw your 2 cents in here????

[B][COLOR="Red"]They travel in the time of the prophets
On a desert highway straight to the heart of the sun
Like lovers and hereos, and the restless part of everyone
We're only at home when we're on the run[/COLOR][/B]:twofinger[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3988 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 PM
World 500 GP Racer

People have also complained about buffeting on the fz6 and the taller touring screen. Personally it has never bothered me because I'm tall enough that my head is in clean air. Not everyone will have the same problems on the same bikes. There are factors that are unique to everyone. Just because it doesn't apply to one person doesn't make it not valid for another.
post #3989 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Sze

Quote:
Originally Posted by drur View Post
Glen rode over 1000 miles in 20.5 hours on an FZ1 and never mentioned anything about wind buffeting.

Glen, want to throw your 2 cents in here????
i'm also a little taller than glen. like slim sad it does depend on the riders hieght. I'm also not the one that came up with the idea of the mirrors either. i found them on a web site that is dedicated to the yamaha fz1. once i found the info i spent many hours reading up on the subject. the web site has been published in magazines as the number one website for the fz1. i would think that the many people that have posted about this subject would know what they are talking about. i posted the links to the web site so that you could read for your self. there are many more than what i posted as well i just didn't want to waste any more time. you can even google it and you will see that this is a issue on more than just fz1s.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks-[/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3990 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Sze

i know this is a mv , but check out the mirrors.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in