southeast missouri - Page 249 - Sportbikes.net
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3721 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The z1000 was redesigned in 2009 and had an early release in mid to late 2009 as a 2010 so were actually both right. Some things were redesigned . But really who cares it's always been an awesome bike in my book.

Jason
Do not judge someone else, less you be judged just as harshly

Last edited by Dr. J. Crona; 05-26-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Superbike Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Crona View Post
Well I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. I am happy for Iroc and gleny. At the end of the day it's about what you like and what you feel comfortable about in a bike. I'm happy for both of them.
Nicely said

OK, so as long as no one buys it on eBay tonight, I think I'm going to call them tomorrow and arrange picking it up this fri/sat. So if all goes well, that will be my new bike. I like how they have the split seats, I haven't seen that too much in the older twin bikes... at least, I don't think I have, lol.

Would it be better to contact the company and see it in person, then buy?
Or try and win it on a bid from eBay and then pick it up? since I haven't seen it in person yet, I don't want to buy it if it isn't running good like they said.
post #3723 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Sze

i don't want to start shit, but you did say that it has been the same bike as the one in 2008. when i said that it was all new for 2010 you told me i was wrong. so i really can't agree with the comment that you just made. i have wanted a z1000 for many years. i was really mad when kawasaki said that they were not going to bring the z1000 back after 2008. i get three bike mags a month and read them from front to back and i know alot about what sportbikes are on the market. if you go back on this forum you will be able to find the post i did about the z1000. like i said i don't want to start shit. just want to make sure that all statements correct. also the 2010 z1000 is new from the ground up. everything is new

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks-[/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by UNDERTOW; 05-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.

post #3724 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:35 PM
World Superbike Champion

well krid correct me if i'm wrong but your buddy that had the reck the other day isn't that my old fz1 that he had re painted and had the rims powder coated. what happend did he hit some loose gravel or just run off the road. is the bike mest up bad or will he sell it or fix it.
post #3725 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Supersport Racer

z1000 then buy one you know it inside and out you've read about it and you have wanted one for year's. And I will stand corrected to you sir. And again, who cares it's always been an awesome bike in my book.

Jason
Do not judge someone else, less you be judged just as harshly
post #3726 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Sze

did the frame crack on it krid?

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks-[/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3727 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Sze

i know man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Crona View Post
z1000 then buy one you know it inside and out you've read about it and you have wanted one for year's. And I will stand corrected to you sir. And again, who cares it's always been an awesome bike in my book.
that's one reason i came into the shop the other day. then again i'm pretty happy with the fz1. also the cash flow isn't the best right now. it would have to be a really good deal. i know man it's really not that important, but i just get touchy if some one tells me i'm wrong when i know i'm right. i guess i get that from being married.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by UNDERTOW; 05-26-2010 at 11:20 PM.
post #3728 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleny View Post
well krid correct me if i'm wrong but your buddy that had the reck the other day isn't that my old fz1 that he had re painted and had the rims powder coated. what happend did he hit some loose gravel or just run off the road. is the bike mest up bad or will he sell it or fix it.
Yeah, Glen, that is your old FZ1. It is totalled due to some scratching on the cylinders and engine cases. It's a real shame too, because the bike wouldn't take much to get ridable again. He got pretty jacked up: 5 broken ribs front and back, 4 spinus processes fractured (the bones off the back of the spine), and a fractured thumb. Also he had a partially collapsed lung but that is better already. He high sided off the bike after attempting to drift out of a decreasing radius downhill lefthander on Hwy P south of Potosi. I saw it go down in my mirror.

Frame is not cracked but has some scratches.

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25,600 miles and counting - 22,000 since May 08
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3729 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Sze

yeah i have heard of some issues with the early gen 2 fz1's.

sorry to hear your friend got busted up man.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3730 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTOW View Post
yeah i have heard of some issues with the early gen 2 fz1's.

sorry to hear your friend got busted up man.
yeah we have replaced one FZ1 frame under warranty due to cracking. The owner had tons of wheelie videos on youtube and was not small. He was out of warranty and yamaha paid the bill still.

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

25,600 miles and counting - 22,000 since May 08
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3731 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 AM
SBN Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krid80 View Post
Yeah, Glen, that is your old FZ1. It is totalled due to some scratching on the cylinders and engine cases. It's a real shame too, because the bike wouldn't take much to get ridable again. He got pretty jacked up: 5 broken ribs front and back, 4 spinus processes fractured (the bones off the back of the spine), and a fractured thumb. Also he had a partially collapsed lung but that is better already. He high sided off the bike after attempting to drift out of a decreasing radius downhill lefthander on Hwy P south of Potosi. I saw it go down in my mirror.

Frame is not cracked but has some scratches.
P is not a road you would want to try to drift your bike, the road surface is granite and is way to ruff ,that tires going to grab at some point.
post #3732 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Taking my time....

Krid, I pray you buddy has a speedy recovery. That sounds like it was a pretty bad wreck. I hope he was wearing gear at the time.

[B][COLOR="Red"]They travel in the time of the prophets
On a desert highway straight to the heart of the sun
Like lovers and hereos, and the restless part of everyone
We're only at home when we're on the run[/COLOR][/B]:twofinger[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3733 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:15 PM
World Superbike Champion

well r.i.p little black betty and thanks for the few trips we had together. thats the bike i did my iron butt ride on and it will all ways be special to me. i hope your buddy gets well soon krid and back to rideing as well. it sucks being hurt and it's hard to get your pep back in your step after you go down.
post #3734 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Haga's protege

so tiger? did u get the bike?

is any road a good road for drifting??????

:gsxr 600 power!
[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
post #3735 of 4460 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Haga's protege

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTOW View Post
i don't want to start shit, but you did say that it has been the same bike as the one in 2008. when i said that it was all new for 2010 you told me i was wrong. so i really can't agree with the comment that you just made. i have wanted a z1000 for many years. i was really mad when kawasaki said that they were not going to bring the z1000 back after 2008. i get three bike mags a month and read them from front to back and i know alot about what sportbikes are on the market. if you go back on this forum you will be able to find the post i did about the z1000. like i said i don't want to start shit. just want to make sure that all statements correct. also the 2010 z1000 is new from the ground up. everything is new
well if u already knew the answer then y did u ask? lol i mean dr j doesnt know anything and apparently u do so y ask in the first place? and startin a post by sayin i dont want to start shit lol implies differently

:gsxr 600 power!
[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in