LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3286 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Taking my time....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy8771 View Post
Ok I'll keep it simple...I don't know you and you come off as a douche.

Damn TJ, I am trying to HELP you. I have dealt with many folks exactly like you through the military. You have an invincibility complex and it is due to your age.

One day you'll grow up, get married and have children. I can guarantee your attitude will change.

Now if you choose to act like a mad child on the playground, take your ball and head home. Otherwise, quit getting so pissed off.

[B][COLOR="Red"]They travel in the time of the prophets
On a desert highway straight to the heart of the sun
Like lovers and hereos, and the restless part of everyone
We're only at home when we're on the run[/COLOR][/B]:twofinger[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3287 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Sport Touring Rider

Seriously, guys, that is about enough. Buddy, apologize for the name calling, that was out of line. TJ, being wrong and illegal are one and the same. It is wrong to break the law. Period. End of discussion.

Lane splitting, wheelies, racing on the street, all are squidly activities. You do it, you are acting like a squid. That's all. I'm not directing this at anyone, because I know TJ isn't the only one that reflects these accusations.

Group riding requires that you respect those around you. Being overly dangerous (wheelies, stoppies, etc) have no place in a group ride.

Let's all take a breath and relax.

Oh, and Danny, when I used your name saying that I ride what you call slow, that wasn't meant to be an attack, just trying to emphasize that my safe speed isn't the same as someone else's.

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25,600 miles and counting - 22,000 since May 08
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3288 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Haga's protege

Quote:
Originally Posted by drur View Post

Damn TJ, I am trying to HELP you. I have dealt with many folks exactly like you through the military. You have an invincibility complex and it is due to your age.

One day you'll grow up, get married and have children. I can guarantee your attitude will change.

Now if you choose to act like a mad child on the playground, take your ball and head home. Otherwise, quit getting so pissed off.
tryin to help TJ isnt the problem here ...it seems like more of an attack on him tbh

you was 20/21 once and knew it all let him work thru it ...like you did and if he fucks up he takes those i told you so's just fine

Krid...i didnt take it as an attack after i reread it...im just pointin out that we all make mistakes and thats a part of life sittin here pissin and bitchin bout it all day doesnt help anyone...all its doin is pissin ppl off...

i was usin "dru's guide to ride with him" policies to point out im just as bad or worse than TJ so i shouldnt ride either apparently

:gsxr 600 power!
[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]

post #3289 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krid80 View Post

Seriously, guys, that is about enough. Buddy, apologize for the name calling, that was out of line. TJ, being wrong and illegal are one and the same. It is wrong to break the law. Period. End of discussion.

Lane splitting, wheelies, racing on the street, all are squidly activities. You do it, you are acting like a squid. That's all. I'm not directing this at anyone, because I know TJ isn't the only one that reflects these accusations.

Group riding requires that you respect those around you. Being overly dangerous (wheelies, stoppies, etc) have no place in a group ride.

Let's all take a breath and relax.

Oh, and Danny, when I used your name saying that I ride what you call slow, that wasn't meant to be an attack, just trying to emphasize that my safe speed isn't the same as someone else's.
that poster is so right, lol. I guess ill have to take my ball home.
post #3290 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Superbike Racer

TJ I am sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it as a personal attack. The way you worded what you said in response to my earlier post, I took it wrong and got a heated about that.

Again I am sorry for that, and I am sorry to everyone else. I was out of line and that was uncalled for. I will stay out of the discussions and if you want me to ride with you, several of you know how to contact me. If not, that's understandable.

[QUOTE=FZSix828;3778466]btw if the GP bike has no fan how does it get air in for combustion?[/QUOTE] :beer
Where the bike has taken me...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OrangeJulio on xbl:banana
post #3291 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy8771 View Post
TJ I am sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it as a personal attack. The way you worded what you said in response to my earlier post, I took it wrong and got a heated about that.

Again I am sorry for that, and I am sorry to everyone else. I was out of line and that was uncalled for. I will stay out of the discussions and if you want me to ride with you, several of you know how to contact me. If not, that's understandable.
No one is asking you to leave, just cool it on name calling. We can all get along. We have for a while now.

Don't go, buddy. I can't quit you!

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3292 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Taking my time....

OK, just got off the phone with Glen. I want to publicly apologize for getting all this crap started. I'm not TJ's dad (although I am just about old enough to be ) and it isn't my place to call him out. Those incidents that I pointed out did happen to be when TJ was first learning to ride.

He does tone his riding down when in a group situation as was pointed out to me by Glen.

TJ, I don't shelter any hard feelings towards you and hope you will do the same. For my earlier actions, I sincerely apologize. It was uncalled for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3293 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by drur View Post
OK, just got off the phone with Glen. I want to publicly apologize for getting all this crap started. I'm not TJ's dad (although I am just about old enough to be ) and it isn't my place to call him out. Those incidents that I pointed out did happen to be when TJ was first learning to ride.

He does tone his riding down when in a group situation as was pointed out to me by Glen.

TJ, I don't shelter any hard feelings towards you and hope you will do the same. For my earlier actions, I sincerely apologize. It was uncalled for.
good of you, Dru

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3294 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Taking my time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krid80 View Post
good of you, Dru
I was going to PM TJ but this required a public apology. I pissed off more than one person here. My military induced attitude gets me in trouble sometimes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3295 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:39 PM
World Superbike Champion

well im glad we have got all that shit out of the way. for now on lets just talk positive on the forms. no more name calling, bad mouthing other bikes or the riders, and keep the gun talk to a minimum. after all this is a sport bike form so lets try to keep it that way please. to all the new guys from all of us old guys onmthe form sorry to let things go as far as they did. i hope you all will still try to make it out to some rides we will be haveing this summer.

krid i was looking at the fz6 today and i;m thinking about putting steelbraided brake lines on it and also some ceramic brake pads if they make any. what brands are good and wont brake the bank. how much better will my brakeing really be. alot of people say it makes a big difference. but they also say that semi semthetic oil makes your bike shift better ,but i cant tell any difference.
post #3296 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Superbike Racer

honestly i thought about everything while i was riding out in chesterfield today. I looked through all of this and came to this conclusion that riding at 100% (or recklessly) on public roads is not the best choice and that should consider others while riding. Nobody is perfect , i probably do more in the future, BUT make sure that in group rides i will always behave nicely. I enjoy riding with people i do ride with and look forward to riding with the ones i have not. I take back what was said about dru and riding. Dru and Buddy theres no need for apologizing, ya were just trying to help in your own way. I want riding season 2010 to be more involved (more meetups, out of state trips). Now let resume to talk more about guns.
post #3297 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Taking my time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotfazed View Post
honestly i thought about everything while i was riding out in chesterfield today. I looked through all of this and came to this conclusion that riding at 100% (or recklessly) on public roads is not the best choice and that should consider others while riding. Nobody is perfect , i probably do more in the future, BUT make sure that in group rides i will always behave nicely. I enjoy riding with people i do ride with and look forward to riding with the ones i have not. I take back what was said about dru and riding. Dru and Buddy theres no need for apologizing, ya were just trying to help in your own way. I want riding season 2010 to be more involved (more meetups, out of state trips). Now let resume to talk more about guns.
I feel like having a big group hug and singing a round of Kumbaya but that would be really

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3298 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Superbike Racer

Wow......the last week or so has reminded me of this joke:

"Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.
If you are delusional and occasionally hallucinate, please be aware that the thing you are holding on the side of your head is alive and about to bite off your ear."

Anywho, I'm dieing for a ride, just need enough advanced notice to make arrangements for my son!
post #3299 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
World Superbike Champion

well 99/100 if it's not raining on sunday morning we are planing on a small ride. the time change is saturday night 1 hour foward so im thinking say 9:00. i will call dave who lives out in markquon or how ever you spell it to see if he is up for a ride. if so we can head through jackson to marble hill to catch him and just run a rout out through ther hills and back in through oakridge or jackson fruitland or take a vote on the route. i dont care were we go or how we get there just as long as we have fun doing it. i have to be back no later than 12:30 so i can get home change and go to my sons cub scouts meeting at the vfw. drur has to do the same thing. after we split up maybe you guys can keep going or set up another ride. hope it dosen't rain and that this is enough of a notice so you can ride with us. if anybody would like to set up a route please feel free to do so and we can go from there.
post #3300 of 4460 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Supersport Racer

Well it's been a long while since I've been on here I seen drur at Wal Mart a few weeks ago so I thought i would drop in. the weather is getting nice but who needs warm weather to ride.

Jason
Do not judge someone else, less you be judged just as harshly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in