LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2056 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Söze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

man vs food is good and so is no reservations which is my favorite

“Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.” -Bill Hicks-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2057 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
World Superbike Champion

I have to work Saturday 8 to12 then I'm up for a ride after that. Would like to go on about a three hour loop of some kind If anyone is up for it. Money is tite so we don't have to go very far out or we can head up north to some roads we don't get to see much to check them out. I'm open to just about anything just so we hit a few twisties at some point I need to round my tire back out. It's stArting to flat spot from all the interstate ridding to and from work.
post #2058 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Söze

i would man, but i'm ridig to nashville for the weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2059 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 05:47 PM
World Superbike Champion

today i went down to wiesers to see about a bike they put on ebay for 2999.00 and a buy now price of 3595.00 on a used 2006 yamah vstar 650 silverado. it has 17242 miles on it and for that price it would be a great buy. so i go get pre approved for a loan and to my surpice they raised the price in the time it took for me to drive across town. it now is starting at 3300.00 and a buy now of 3999.00 i asked what the hell was up and they forgot to add the new tires in the price. well i told them i would give them 3000 cash and would go as far as 3200 but they didn't even want to talk to me about it. they didn't wont to take a loss, but if i had bid on it before they changed it they would have just settled. so i asked why they have it on the lot listed for 4695.00 and on there home page as well. they didn't have a reason for this. so they wont every one to buy stuff from them locally and pay a 1000 mark up over what they sell it on line for. what the fuck is all that about. well after i really think about it i will just go some were else in the future with my buisness. thats shit man you wont your local customers to support you, but you rape them at the same time. i don't under stand how this make any since. if you won't to make great deals to people on line then be a on line buisnes only. just how i see it. what do you all think about this. pluss all the shit with brian on top of this and ben haveing problems with the service people i'm just going to look out side of cape to get my shit workt on or my tires change. i ork to hard for my money just to give it away to some one who really dosn't care if you do buiness with them or not. to be fare i was talking to jammie and not the owners , but i really don't think it would have made any differens in a long run.
post #2060 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Sport Touring Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleny View Post
today i went down to wiesers to see about a bike they put on ebay for 2999.00 and a buy now price of 3595.00 on a used 2006 yamah vstar 650 silverado. it has 17242 miles on it and for that price it would be a great buy. so i go get pre approved for a loan and to my surpice they raised the price in the time it took for me to drive across town. it now is starting at 3300.00 and a buy now of 3999.00 i asked what the hell was up and they forgot to add the new tires in the price. well i told them i would give them 3000 cash and would go as far as 3200 but they didn't even want to talk to me about it. they didn't wont to take a loss, but if i had bid on it before they changed it they would have just settled. so i asked why they have it on the lot listed for 4695.00 and on there home page as well. they didn't have a reason for this. so they wont every one to buy stuff from them locally and pay a 1000 mark up over what they sell it on line for. what the fuck is all that about. well after i really think about it i will just go some were else in the future with my buisness. thats shit man you wont your local customers to support you, but you rape them at the same time. i don't under stand how this make any since. if you won't to make great deals to people on line then be a on line buisnes only. just how i see it. what do you all think about this. pluss all the shit with brian on top of this and ben haveing problems with the service people i'm just going to look out side of cape to get my shit workt on or my tires change. i ork to hard for my money just to give it away to some one who really dosn't care if you do buiness with them or not. to be fare i was talking to jammie and not the owners , but i really don't think it would have made any differens in a long run.
Thanks, Glenn. Now I have a headache.
To desire something is to "want" not "wont." I'll stop with that, but spell check will help a lot. Now where the heck is my aspirin.

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

25,600 miles and counting - 22,000 since May 08

post #2061 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 06:40 PM

I sure cant help you there, Glen. And Krid, I have a toothache, a buttache and a fever - beat that !
post #2062 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Söze

i have only seen one good dealer.

Last edited by UNDERTOW; 07-17-2009 at 12:20 AM.
post #2063 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Back Marker

Quote:
I work too hard for my money just to give it away to some one who really dosn't care if you do buiness with them or not.
I completely agree with you Glen. I just saw a new Wal-Mart commercial where they're pushing their "price matching" policy, but if you pay attention to the fine print, it's not applicable to their own site. So they can undercut themselves on their website, but won't match it in the store.

However, if you order online, and ship Site 2 Store (free shipiping) then you get the cheaper price with a local pickup. You just have to wait for it.

Anyway, that's not really relevant, I just felt like sharing. It's pretty shitty that the stealership has a 1,000 markup for local buyers. Maybe they're banking on the fact that there aren't a lot of dealers around? I'm not too familiar with Cape's dealerships.

Or maybe they expect someone to come in and haggle the price down some and want to leave some "wiggle room". I would hope most people don't pay sticker price anyway.

There's not much room for making an offer on ebay aside from just straight up bidding on something.

Either way, I see the point you were making. I'm a firm believer in buying locally and helping the area WE live in if possible, which is one of the reasons I telecommute.

My salary comes from outside of the community and gets spent here. The other reason is just because I'm lazy and this is the only way I can get paid for doing as little as possible. Gotta love I.T.
post #2064 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:40 PM
World 500 GP Racer

Glen, I can tell you how to save $ when it comes to new tires..... again... and yes, my head hurts too.
post #2065 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
World Superbike Champion

hay slim I will give you a ring when it is time for some new rubber, but I really don't even wont the bike now that they pulled this shit on me. drur even said he would have sold it to me for like 3300.00 just to save face since they fuckt up and priced it to low, but they didn't even try to sell it to me they just said to watch eBay and if I really wont it bit on it. fuck that. I find most things I wont on eBay, but I like to try it on before I buy it so for now on if they have it in stock I will go try it on and then buy it on line and save the money and bs. I should have bought my helmet on line and ridding gloves the more I think about it. they sold that 07 on eBay and took a loss on it from what Brian told me. if they don't do a major over haul on how they treat customers and employ's they wont be in cape for long.
post #2066 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Keyser Söze

Last edited by UNDERTOW; 07-17-2009 at 12:21 AM.
post #2067 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
they sold that 07 on eBay and took a loss on it from what Brian told me.
Thats not true. I dont even know what that bike went for. It wasn't a sale I was involved in
post #2068 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Sport Touring Rider

why hasn't anyone asked why Glenn was looking to buy a 2007 Vstar 650?

Gas mileage?

Wife?

What's the story, Glenn?

2006 FZ6 Red 96rwhp

25,600 miles and counting - 22,000 since May 08

post #2069 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:06 PM
World Superbike Champion

my bad man i thought you said that maybe it was jammie, but i know they said they took a lose on it.
post #2070 of 4460 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
World Superbike Champion

we hello hiqualityh2o and nice to see new people on this form. your profile said your bike was stolen so are you currently rideing or just checking things out on the form. haven't met many riders from down your way so are there many sport bikes that are out and about down there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in