Requests For Tutorial Section - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
RESIDENT ASSHOLE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Very well put.............please give me some more insight!

cause rascus said I had to.........
HELP ME FIX IT MOD.........PM me with any questions you have...actually PM RASCUS hahhaha

The friction which results from ignorance can be reduced only by the spread of knowledge- NIKOLA TESLA
Want to learn how to work on your bike? Check the "HOW TO" subsection of HELP ME FIX IT.

An engine used for braking will break!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---- a great one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Venomous Duck

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's a pretty impressive challenge to put up tutorials relevant the hundreds of makes/models out there...but what I've read so far is great work.

It seems like there's two extremes of riders on this board...guys with a lot of wrench time and guys with very little. But the guys with very little won't get better without getting the feet wet first. Have you thought about a "basic maintenance guide" (possibly even in the New Riders section) just to help people get started. You've already got a great one on chain maintenance and I saw mention of and oil change, both basic and essential tasks. I could see adding things like removing wheels, changing brake fluid, changing brake pads, changing coolant, and lubing cables as being part of basic guide.

Beyond that, maybe get into some of the basic mods most commonly done...exhaust, flush mounts (I know they're easy), etc. You'd have to keep the how-to's generic, but it would at least provide something to compare against and a checklist of things that need to be done.

I'm sure I'll think of some more when I'm working on my bike next weekend...

[COLOR="Black"]CRA #724[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][I]"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem"[/I][/COLOR]
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Ooh lawd!

I fall in the middle, like gng. The good thing in that case is, whatever I put up is relevant to his bike

I'd be willing to help maintain an html-based site to put these tutorials on in a much better format than the post-by-post... but I don't have the bandwidth available to host it myself. Do we have this ability on SBN? Should I or hybrid ping Fred?

I'm doing an oil change this weekend - I'll do the step-by-step. Of course, the tools and part numbers I'll use only really apply to Ducati...

In all reality, though, if you can't figure it out after seeing the basics of someone else doing it with pictures... you probably shouldn't do it.

Maybe we should set "levels" for different how to articles?

Last edited by bzbatl; 04-03-2007 at 04:10 PM.

post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 04:35 PM

this may seem like a dumb question, but i need an answer.

is it possible to get a how to on reading your tire wear? or how to on when it's time to replace your tires?
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Superbike Champion

A good write up on an exhaust mod. A good picture filled write up on how to install new full system. And also installing a slip on or bolt on with pics. Alot of newbs dont know the diff between slip or bolt on and a good how to with pics would be helpful to some.

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"]I would list all the mods I've done but that would
just remind me I have money to spend on the mods I want to do.:( [/COLOR]
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
RESIDENT ASSHOLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyx
this may seem like a dumb question, but i need an answer.

is it possible to get a how to on reading your tire wear? or how to on when it's time to replace your tires?
I will do my best to run around and get pictures of different wear patterns and when to change tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeekTav
A good write up on an exhaust mod. A good picture filled write up on how to install new full system. And also installing a slip on or bolt on with pics. Alot of newbs dont know the diff between slip or bolt on and a good how to with pics would be helpful to some.
Ill try to write up a tutorial on that as well. A lot of people could benefit from that.

HELP ME FIX IT MOD.........PM me with any questions you have...actually PM RASCUS hahhaha

The friction which results from ignorance can be reduced only by the spread of knowledge- NIKOLA TESLA
Want to learn how to work on your bike? Check the "HOW TO" subsection of HELP ME FIX IT.

<---- a great one!
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Blue Wheels

Any chance of seeing a fork oil and seals How To? I get the impression that not many people know how to do it (and don't understand why it is necessary). If you don't think one is coming soon, I could put one together for you in the next week or two.

Also, it would probably be good to get one up about changing brake fluid.
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
RESIDENT ASSHOLE

All of them are in the works.............

Some of this stuff is really beyond the scope of the DIY kind of guy. Even fork seals require some special tools (fork seal drivers) and I hate telling people to drive seals in with a section of pipe.

Im a do it right or dont do it at all kind of guy.

I will put the articles up.............and youre more than welcome to submit something to me..........if it passes my criteria Ill post it. If I need to edit it or modify it, I will and post it. If it needs to not be posted..............well it wont stay up.

So if you can handle writing a tutorial and take the relevant pictures, please by all means.........write up a good how to.

<---- a great one!
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Superbike Racer

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

what about a read on how to install steel braided brake lines?
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Talking

how about fork oil height adjustment?
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:16 PM
World Superbike Champion

breaks. PLEASEE!
i found some online, with some pictures, but they were not enough. and as it the first time I'd be changing the breaks, i wanna make sure i do it right, as breaks are kind of a big deal... lol
so yeah, the more pics and detail the better...
thanks.
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
RESIDENT ASSHOLE

working on a steel braided brake line and pad replacement tutorial next week.

<---- a great one!
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:42 PM

^^^who is that guy?
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
RESIDENT ASSHOLE

your momma

<---- a great one!
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:55 PM

How about a piece on rotating the clutch and brake levers down more on bikes? I have a 2006 GSX-R750 and I can rotate the clutch down, but not the brake since it hits a brake line that hits the fork.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in