Sportbikes.net

Sportbikes.net (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/)
-   Help Me Fix It (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/help-me-fix/)
-   -   Power Ranger-Commander (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/help-me-fix/304481-power-ranger-commander.html)

fighterjet 02-20-2006 05:58 PM

Power Ranger-Commander

What does the power commander do? How does it work? What are the benefits.

Can my bike benefit from it? or will I lose performance due to the air system that has been engineered for this particular model?

How much Robert DINERO?

Below is the test, and specs for this bike.

ZX-11's ram air is a closed system: The front inlet duct is the only source of incoming air to the airbox. This sealed system accomplishes two things: First, it creates a ram effect that pressurizes the fuel mixture through the carb throats, and increases intake velocity. Second, it provides a steady diet of cool, dense air by completely isolating the carbs from engine-heated air.

Airbox ducting alone creates a pressure rise in the carb throats only; without also increasing float bowl pressure, the engine would merely lean out and run poorly as pressure in the throats increased. Early reports had the ZX-11 fitted with an electronic fuel-management system, but Kawasaki engineers found a far simpler -and lest costly- solution: They vented the bowls to the incoming air source -the mouth of the duct- through a tube that boosts bowl pressure as airspeed and intake velocity increases.

Drawing cool, dense air into the engine increase power across the board. But because the intake pressure created by the ram-air system is governed largely by incoming airspeed, the ZX-11 must be moving at high speeds before the system has a significant effect on power. The Kerker dyno, equipped with two-speed cooling fans rated at 45 and 85 mph, showed the effect of airspeed on the ZX-11's power.

With the fans at 45 mph, the ZX-11 ran as much as three horsepower stronger from 3500 to 7000 rpm than with the fans at 85. Conversely, the 85-mph head wind created a boost in power from 8500 all the way to 11,000 rpm, where the ZX again ran three horsepower stronger. Obviously, Kawasaki calibrated the system carefully: The ZX makes its biggest low-end and midrange numbers at low road speed, while high-speed running nets the biggest top-end numbers. Judging by the ZX-11's 175-mph top speed, we suspect the ram-air system may pay even greater power dividends at ultrahigh speeds.

hybrid 02-20-2006 06:44 PM

Are we babbling just to see the pretty letters on the screen?

matt365 02-20-2006 06:57 PM

rrrright. You go get your powercommander for your 92 ZX11...

Pick me up some muffler bearings when you're there.

RayOSV 02-20-2006 08:14 PM

Assuming you're serious, the PC will only work with fuel injected bikes.

fiveninerzero 02-20-2006 08:23 PM

that's almost as crazy as the guy that asked my buddy if he had a jet pack on his fuel injected R1

GreenZED 02-20-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighterjet
Obviously, Kawasaki calibrated the system carefully: we suspect the ram-air system may pay even greater power dividends at ultrahigh speeds.

:lao

What genius! Brilliant observation, watson! Ram air, the future of motorcycling!

I had to double check the date to make sure this wasnt posted in the SRAD days...

Redstar11 02-20-2006 09:07 PM

While the information posted about the Kawasaki and the sealed airbox is correct, I still don't understand the meaning behind this post.

GreenZED 02-20-2006 09:18 PM

stream of consciousness, disjointed thoughts. The cut and paste article is jurassic in sportbike years and doesnt fit or frame the question at all.

dunno.

fighterjet 02-23-2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayOSV
Assuming you're serious, the PC will only work with fuel injected bikes.

Question answered, thanks.

For all you other dick heads, If I knew anything about the shit I would not have asked, sperm breath. :banana

PS: look at my bike and see what a 92 zx-11 looks like, dorkos. :pisson

BurnMyHeartDown 02-23-2006 05:05 PM

dude wtf are you talking about?

you didn't even ask any question.

hahahaha, speaking of sperm breath, your mom definitely should have swallowed.

fighterjet 02-24-2006 01:56 AM

What was the highest grade you attended?
A question starts with "What".
You are the only dick breath that did not understand the question, now go back to third grade.
Furthermore fuck face, leave my Mom out of your silly post, grow up.

BurnMyHeartDown 02-24-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighterjet
What was the highest grade you attended?
A question starts with "What".
You are the only dick breath that did not understand the question, now go back to third grade.
Furthermore fuck face, leave my Mom out of your silly post, grow up.

Listen, I'll leave your mom out of it, but there's no denying that you should have been a stain on the bathroom partition in a crappy bar somewhere in alabama.

You asked what a power commander was. Then, immediately answered some question that had no bearing on a power commander, but rather had to do with ram-air on a CARBed bike.

If you read carefully, you see that NOBODY but you has any idea what's going on here. I mean you don't even need to read carefully, it's just apparent in every post.

Now, you explain to me how anything besides your question was even remotely related to a power commander, and then when you rack your brain trying to figure out what the fuck you were thinking coming down off your alcohol induced copy-paste session, you can shut right the fuck up. Thanks for playing.

:urowned by your own stupidity! Congrats!

MAGNUM636 02-24-2006 03:50 AM

Quote:

Question answered, thanks.

For all you other dick heads, If I knew anything about the shit I would not have asked, sperm breath.

PS: look at my bike and see what a 92 zx-11 looks like, dorkos.
What does knowing what your bike looks like have to do with anything?

:chair Beat it, Troll

ZXLNT 02-24-2006 05:31 AM

Hang on, let me look in my mirrors, Oh yeah now I see your ZX11..

fighterjet 02-24-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZXLNT
Hang on, let me look in my mirrors, Oh yeah now I see your ZX11..

I am man enough to admit when I've been beat, as we all know it's not the bike it's the man riding that bike. Don't sing your praises to yourself until you have met me on the road.

As for Miss burnyourheartdown, grow up little girl.
26 years of riding various bikes has taught me to appreciate things new and old.
I don't act as though I know everything about everything, at 45 I still have a lot to learn, but I admit it is the difference.

This all started out as a simple question of what does a power commander do, and a select few of you turned it into a lets beat on this guy.

RayOSV is the only one who gave me an inteligent answer.