Power Ranger-Commander - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
Help Me Fix It A great place to post any problems you may be having while working on your motorcycle. Most of us are do-it-yourselfers so this is a great way to share any information pertaining to fixing something or adding something on.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 12:20 PM
old member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterjet
RayOSV is the only one who gave me an inteligent answer.
And I realized that I only answered part of the question. The purpose of a PC is to map the FI on a bike with greater resolution than the stock controller. The end result is better throttle control through the rpm range (less/no surging etc.) under a wider variation in environmental conditions (temp, humidity, altitude, etc.). Custom maps also allow precise air/fuel control with different types of exhaust and air filter systems which tend to make a bike run leaner than stock.

I think some of you guys are having winter widthdrawl problems or something. Lighten up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayOSV
And I realized that I only answered part of the question. The purpose of a PC is to map the FI on a bike with greater resolution than the stock controller. The end result is better throttle control through the rpm range (less/no surging etc.) under a wider variation in environmental conditions (temp, humidity, altitude, etc.). Custom maps also allow precise air/fuel control with different types of exhaust and air filter systems which tend to make a bike run leaner than stock.

I think some of you guys are having winter widthdrawl problems or something. Lighten up.
You the man. Just how I like, to the point and all bases covered.

Thanks Bro,
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
The purpose of a PC is to map the FI on a bike with greater resolution than the stock controller.
Better resolution, really? I would think that with such piggybacks, as opposed to stand alone, you're limited to the dimensions of the stock maps.

I'd be interested to hear what someone who really knows a lot about the PC would say about this. I really don't think the PC is capable of redefining the addresses and dimensions of the maps, just able to edit the values within and calculate checksum. In automotive OEM fuel injection systems, it's more than difficult (and probably can't be done without manufacurer Damos (definition) files) to make the ECU access areas that it usually doesn't (and who knows if there will be room within the file to augment).

By "greater resolution" do you mean a more customized tune done cell-by-cell or are you actually referring to increasing the dimensions, and so total number of cells, in the maps?

[FONT=Impact]I HEART Petroleum Consumption[/FONT]

Last edited by MAGNUM636; 02-24-2006 at 01:48 PM.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Kawpuke Extraordinare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterjet
Question answered, thanks.

For all you other dick heads, If I knew anything about the shit I would not have asked, sperm breath.

PS: look at my bike and see what a 92 zx-11 looks like, dorkos.

I think maybe is was this post that got you off on the wrong side bud. Starting off calling people dickheads and spermbreath. Then you wonder why people get an attitude. For someone in their 40's you act like a teenager calling names...
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 06:13 PM
old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUM636
... snip
By "greater resolution" do you mean a more customized tune done cell-by-cell or are you actually referring to increasing the dimensions, and so total number of cells, in the maps?
The former, of course. Plus, as I understand it (not an expert at all), some older ECU's can't themselves be re-mapped while some of the newer ones can (?).
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLNT
I think maybe is was this post that got you off on the wrong side bud. Starting off calling people dickheads and spermbreath. Then you wonder why people get an attitude. For someone in their 40's you act like a teenager calling names...
Get the facts straight, I asked a question, they got shity, I responded with a few choice words.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 07:01 PM
RESIDENT ASSHOLE

The power commander is a fooler box. It misrepresents data incoming into the ecu to adjust the fuel and sometimes also the ignition curve. Its a piece of shit in my opinion but its pretty much a standard option on most sportbikes. I can hardly see kids buying good tires often enough to try to sell them a stand alone system.

Uh and your original post sucked. It made no sense at all.

cause rascus said I had to.........
HELP ME FIX IT MOD.........PM me with any questions you have...actually PM RASCUS hahhaha

The friction which results from ignorance can be reduced only by the spread of knowledge- NIKOLA TESLA
Want to learn how to work on your bike? Check the "HOW TO" subsection of HELP ME FIX IT.

An engine used for braking will break!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---- a great one!
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
The power commander is a fooler box. It misrepresents data incoming into the ecu to adjust the fuel and sometimes also the ignition curve. Its a piece of shit in my opinion but its pretty much a standard option on most sportbikes. I can hardly see kids buying good tires often enough to try to sell them a stand alone system.

Uh and your original post sucked. It made no sense at all.
Good info. and point well taken.
I guess what I should be saying here is, I realize that my original post was not the easiest to comprehend. Next time I will be more direct and to the point.

A little about me, I am don't play dead when I'm being hammered.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:24 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
I only know of one company, in Australia, that will actually reprogram a stock ECU just like a good chiptuner would do with a car. Do you know of anyone that does this stateside?

I'm with you about "foolers," "interceptors," and sensor mods-- not the right way to do things.

[FONT=Impact]I HEART Petroleum Consumption[/FONT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in