User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Superbike Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really excited about this bike

Great price, great styling...seems like the perfect beginner bike. AND it's comfy enough for longer rides!

I really want one in black

3 cheers for the 650!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Superbike Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZR6Raven View Post
Great price, great styling...seems like the perfect beginner bike. AND it's comfy enough for longer rides!

I really want one in black

3 cheers for the 650!
I actually didn't like this bike at all until I saw the orange version. I still wouldn't buy one but not because of styling anymore. I saw one in person and it's just too large for me at 5'6". Plus I'm really paranoid about having a bike that I can touch both feet down with since the area I live in has a lot of hills and slanted parking lots. It'd be too easy to tip over if I don't find the right parking spot or can't get both feet down to stabilize it. That's just me, though. Check it out for yourself.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Wanna-be racer

i later read the subforum i was in.. <--- reason for edit!

Last edited by smashbox; 10-03-2008 at 07:57 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Superbike Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeqArtMark View Post
I actually didn't like this bike at all until I saw the orange version. I still wouldn't buy one but not because of styling anymore. I saw one in person and it's just too large for me at 5'6". Plus I'm really paranoid about having a bike that I can touch both feet down with since the area I live in has a lot of hills and slanted parking lots. It'd be too easy to tip over if I don't find the right parking spot or can't get both feet down to stabilize it. That's just me, though. Check it out for yourself.

Im a tall dude, need a first bike, dont want a SS, and love the stacked headlight look, AND i want a fairing.

Bike seems good for me
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 PM
ALL weather rider

I have had mine for 4 months and have put 5200 + miles on it so far...not 1 single complaint!!!!!!!!!! get one....you'll LOVE it!

here is a write up I did.....

https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/spo...ml#post3608935

1997 Ninja 250 (gone)
2000 Suzuki bandit 600S (gone)
06 FZ6 (wrecked)
2001 Suzuki Bandit 600S (gone)
2008 GSX650F (5K miles and counting)

Last edited by Kodiak kid; 10-03-2008 at 09:40 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Superbike Champion

Had mine since june.. great bike, im luvin it.. get blue its the fastest...lol

Feel Tha Shadows... DarkRyder is comin!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Graduate: June 08
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Supersport Racer

I've had mine since the end of January. I've got about 1200 miles on it so far and I haven't had any problems. The weight is the only issue and that's only a problem when you're pushing/walking it around the parking lot. Once you get moving it's very stable and easy to maneuver. I wouldn't recommend it as an ideal first bike. It would be worlds better than a super sport but it's still not as good to learn on as a smaller (weight wise) twin. The I4 on the GSX is still a little surgy if you don't know how to control the throttle and will peel your eyelids back if you get on it really hard. The weight may also be an issue. I already dropped mine once because I was being careless. It did a LOT of damage to the fairing, broke the turning signal and bent the brake pedal. This bike desperately needs frame sliders but I haven't been able to find any.

For someone with some riding experience who wants something cheap, on the sporty side, comfortable, stable and with sufficient power it's perfect. I could see myself keeping this bike around for many years. Even at slow speeds the weight isn't an issue. I easily passed the MSF test on it when I was demonstrating to my brother. It's really easy to work on, too. I opted for a rear stand rather than the center stand. Getting the fairing off to change the oil filter takes about 5 minutes tops. the first time that I changed it I didn't even remove the fairing. It was a bit awkward and it would have been quicker had I just taken the fairing off in the first place but it's not absolutely necessary. The first major service isn't until 14.5k. The best mileage that I've gotten so far is 45 mpg. The worst is 36. I usually get around 43-45 but once I hit that 1000 mile mark I really started to open it up. That's when I got the 36 mpg tank. Keep it under $6k (easy to do) and you could probably squeeze out 50 mpg consistently.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
SBN Rookie

Hey, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I bought this bike with 430 miles on it in January. Because of the nasty weather in the Northeast I'm only up to 740 miles but so far it's been great. I'm 28 and this is my first bike ever. I agree with artyboy that this may not be the best first bike for some. I am a level headed rider so I don't ride around like an idiot which helps. I've only dropped mine once. I was able to hold onto it as it tipped over so luckily there was no damage, but I pulled my back because of the weight. Asided from that, you barely notice the weight. It's great on the highways, even when it's windy out. I just started taking my wife on rides with me and it's still perfectly nimble in the turns and accelerates nice when I need to.

I originally had my heart set on a SV650S but when I finally sat on one, I found it to be a bit more aggressive than what I was looking for. The dealer showed me the GSX so I did some research and with the low miles and a great price, I jumped on it. I can't say that I regret getting a more powerful bike (again because I can control myself). Aside from that I love this bike and now that's it's getting warm I'll start racking up the miles. If anyone is interested, a center stand (or rear stand) is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in