Sportbikes.net

Sportbikes.net (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/)
-   General Sportbikes (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/)
-   -   2013 Triumph Street Triple (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/458096-2013-triumph-street-triple.html)

No Coast Rider 11-28-2012 01:03 PM

2013 Triumph Street Triple

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...iew/21735.html

I think it looks like ass. I never liked the new headlights, but that new swingarm looks terrible as does the subframe. I really don't like the new exhaust either. Sure it probably makes for great mass centralization, but the underseats loomed AWESOME! This new bike doesn't hold a candle to my old 2009 lookswise IMO, but I'm sure it's just as good for riding, which means it's probably the best bike ever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

kevinwilly 11-28-2012 01:40 PM

Don't like headlights. People say that it looks good with the flyscreen. My response is that flyscreens are stupid and it should look good without it.

Exhaust looks stupid. New subframe looks stupid. Little bits next to the radiator look TERRIBLE.

The VERY worst part is the new triumph logo. I thought the old one looked like ass. This one is just AWFUL.

Bring back the fucking classic triumph logo, for gods sake. Why change such an iconic thing? Fucking retarded.

The swingarm I think looks good, though.

CreatureCore 11-28-2012 01:44 PM

I think the original striple was the best looking as well, but the new one to me looks better then the last design. I like the low mount exhaust, just the one on the bike looks like ass. Im sure with an aftermarket normal looking exhaust it will look better. I can never forgive them for getting rid of the round headlights, but the new ones arent terrible with a fly screen. Nothing else bothers me about the new design.

Rhetorik 11-28-2012 01:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Meh. Still nowhere near as awesome as the older gen (round headlights) Speed Triple.

The headlights... just eww. They stick out like an insect's eye stalks.

Laughing Man 11-28-2012 02:30 PM

Headlight and exhaust look terrible. I've never liked the insect eyes. The twin round headlights were better though I'm not a big fan of those either.

knonfs 11-28-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatureCore (Post 4797276)
I think the original striple was the best looking as well, but the new one to me looks better then the last design. I like the low mount exhaust, just the one on the bike looks like ass. Im sure with an aftermarket normal looking exhaust it will look better. I can never forgive them for getting rid of the round headlights, but the new ones arent terrible with a fly screen. Nothing else bothers me about the new design.

:agree

ToastV2 11-28-2012 04:59 PM

Yeah, I like the looks of my 09 better as well.

Nero Diablo 11-28-2012 07:32 PM

Now I'll confess that middle weight super sport based bikes interest me about as much as gang green but is it really that much different to the older model? Other than the exhaust and a slight re shaping of the radiator panel I don't see that much of a difference.

bluspyder 11-28-2012 07:58 PM

It looks like they were building an awesome bike then they got lazy and stopped building it.

uncalcetindelana 11-29-2012 07:40 AM

For me the street and speed triples are the kind of bike that are perfect to ride on top of, but that don't appeal to me as a beautiful object in itself.

Since the new style headlights, and now this version, this feeling has grown stronger.

And I hadn't noticed before, but yes, that new triumph logo sucks. Kinda like the newer Ducati logo font, I just like the Cagiva era much better :)

harleyxlc 11-29-2012 08:12 AM

Gang green :-)

I like the upgrades since my 2007 speed triple, but agree on the looks... Bleh.

aLive 11-29-2012 08:20 AM

Yeah it looks like an anus to me too.

Claudius 11-29-2012 09:02 AM

Looks ok. I am lost as to why manufacturers put those (I have no idea what to call them) "shield/bodywork" over the radiator. It looks lousy on almost every bike. Adds weight, I am quite sure it has no real protective ability for the radiator and it adds cost. It seems a form over function styling exercise that needs to stop. The engine is cool looking - you don't need to hide it. It is a streefighter / neo-brit UJM - why put the bodywork back on that you just took off? Otherwise, it looks ok. Not really fond of what they did with the headlights - it will take some getting used to.

uncalcetindelana 11-29-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 4797436)
I am lost as to why manufacturers put those (I have no idea what to call them) "shield/bodywork" over the radiator. It looks lousy on almost every bike. Adds weight, I am quite sure it has no real protective ability for the radiator and it adds cost. It seems a form over function styling exercise that needs to stop. The engine is cool looking - you don't need to hide it. It is a streefighter / neo-brit UJM - why put the bodywork back on that you just took off?

I agree, thanks for pointing this out. It's a design tendency that I don't agree with at all. It's the one thing that goes against the KTM Superduke's design for me, for example; the fact that the design of the bike covers that beautiful engine, but it's not just a matter of taking things off either :(

oic0 11-29-2012 10:00 AM

Never had a bike with one of those shrouds, does it keep the hot radiator air off your legs?