Practically new front end. - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
SBN Newb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Practically new front end.

So, I only have a 250 but this will apply to most bikes.

After having upgraded from those OEM ninja front shocks to the Race Tech emulators I thought I was almost done with my front forks. I was considering new springs but thought Iíd wait a bit. I took the bike out to the track to see how well they improved the handling. The bike was more nimble. I could set up the bike into the corners much later and didnít experience that dive when braking that the stock suspension loves to give you. A huge improvement.

Well I came upon Ricor Shocks Intiminators. These are much like the RT emulators and install just as easily. No drilling either. I took the bike out to the track again just a few days later. Now what a difference! She didnít dive much. The compression and rebound are so much smoother. The bike had great compression but it feels so gentle I had to stop and check my markers/zip ties on my forks(?).

My bike was smoother in setting up so I could enter the corners much faster. I prefer them to the Race Tech emulators 10 to 1, and compared with the stock shocks they are 100% better.

You should check them out. They are a little more expensive but I donít need to replace the springs so in the end it may cost about the same. I think their site is Ricorshocks.com They are have some fancy rear shocks too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
World 500 GP Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How would changing the damping features also change the spring rate? Your spring controls sag and that only changes with a new spring, spacers or playing with the oil level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in