Sportbikes.net

Sportbikes.net (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/)
-   General Sportbikes (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/)
-   -   Power increase from slip on and power commander? (https://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/406978-power-increase-slip-power-commander.html)

Super_sonic 11-11-2008 10:19 AM

Power increase from slip on and power commander?

I have a 05 zx6r 636 and i want more power. It was my first bike, everyone talked me out of a liter bike, now i wish i would have just bought one anyway. The ninja will go over 160, but the take off is not the best. I am used to driving 9 second drag cars. Will a slip on and power commander give this bike alot more power, or should i get a zx10?

PJFZ1 11-11-2008 10:29 AM

If it's just launching you're concerned about, go one tooth smaller on the front sprocket first.

A slip-on and mapping will decrease weight and increase power, but it's the same as doing it to a liter bike. The 636 is a good bike, and just going to a liter+ bike for power really only makes sense if you are in an area where you can use it, and I don't think Hawaii is the place (I could be wrong).

FizzerMeTimbers 11-11-2008 10:29 AM

A slip-on and power commander wont be noticeable. For more acceleration do a sprocket swap. Or you could be old fashion and give yourself time to learn how to launch faster.

mac 1 11-11-2008 10:39 AM

down 1 in the front & up two in the rear will do wounders, you will lose some top end and crusing at 60-70 mph the bike will be reving a good +-1500 more then now, a pc III will give you better throttle responce and adding a slip-on (with pc III) will give you a little on top, sounds like you need a zx14 or busa better place to start for a drag bike

dsmgixxer 11-11-2008 10:42 AM

power increase is more but minimal. still not the same as 1000 vs 600.

example: my 06 600 - mods: sprockett, power comander, slip on
my friends 07 600 - mods: slip on.

from 40 mph roll. - he got jump i wasnt sure when he was taking off. he had 3 bike lead i gradually pull him in by like 90 i was about to pass him. then slowed down.

same case senerio with my friend on his 1000 with slip on and power commander. 40 mph roll i was with him for a split second maybe till 55 or so then he was gone. gradually pulling away pretty damn fast.

Hunter-scout 11-11-2008 10:43 AM

I have the commander and the Akropovic can, on the fazer, and I noticed a couple things: the can gives the bike a quiet sound at low rpm, and a mega deep throaty sound at high rpm. No feedback on power increases.

The commander pretty much makes the engine into a freakin rocket past 5k, and this can be modified, I understand, with various commander power maps. I left it the way it is as it reduces shifting in city stuff.

I have no idea about top speed, because after 160 mph, I usually run into traffic. But it has PLENTY more left, without a doubt.

You trying to go in a circle faster? Just kidding, do what you want, but do it with safety, caution, and respect for local traffic.:banana:cheers

brent98rt 11-11-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_sonic (Post 3861274)
I have a 05 zx6r 636 and i want more power. It was my first bike, everyone talked me out of a liter bike

I am glad they did. Learn how to handle the 600 1st. the liter bike is just a lot more to deal with power wise, My 600 handles it own with liter bikes on the track.

Quote:

The ninja will go over 160, but the take off is not the best. I am used to driving 9 second drag cars.

I hope you are on the track doing this 160MPH, street :bitchslap
and even on the track your 636 isn't trapping that in the 1/4 mile.

Quote:

Will a slip on and power commander give this bike alot more power, or should i get a zx10?

the PCIII will give you more power than a slip on. If you really want more power get a full system and a PCIII, You don't need a PCIII with just a slip-on they are mostly good for 1-2 more HP really. your best bet is some gearing to bring the low end alive and do a full system with PCIII

DaleCaliente 11-11-2008 11:06 AM

why does everyone care so much about speed. I could never go above 60 on the bike and have a blast. If the acceleration of a 600SS isnt enough Adrenaline for you, its only a matter of time before you wind up hugging a telephone pole @ 100 MPH

mac 1 11-11-2008 11:09 AM

I obtained a pretty good performance gain on my prior 06 FZ1 with a pc III with a professional made map for a micron slip on (or any slip-on) & a K&N air filter with a air box mod.

The sprockets are the best way to get more performance & wheelies for the buck $$

Nightfall 11-11-2008 01:53 PM

You should stop worrying about power increase and start thinking of what else it could do that is far more important than overall power output, and that's changing your power curve and torque curve.

Nightfall 11-11-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleCaliente (Post 3861362)
why does everyone care so much about speed. I could never go above 60 on the bike and have a blast. If the acceleration of a 600SS isnt enough Adrenaline for you, its only a matter of time before you wind up hugging a telephone pole @ 100 MPH

Go ride a liter bike and then come back and let us know your opinion :twofinger

S3aturnR 11-11-2008 02:39 PM

yeah, you're obviously ready for a liter bike. you've mastered straight-line acceleration...

s3aturnr

WDPsellout 11-11-2008 02:42 PM

Throw a turbo NOS on that bitch

modette 11-11-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

I have a 05 zx6r 636 and i want more power. It was my first bike, everyone talked me out of a liter bike, now i wish i would have just bought one anyway. The ninja will go over 160, but the take off is not the best. I am used to driving 9 second drag cars. Will a slip on and power commander give this bike alot more power, or should i get a zx10?

Everyone gets wrapped up on Power Commanders, how about Tune Boy...sorry just noticed he does not yet support Kawasaki.

TuneBoy V3.0 Models Supported

brent98rt 11-11-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modette (Post 3861727)
Everyone gets wrapped up on Power Commanders, how about Tune Boy...sorry just noticed he does not yet support Kawasaki.

TuneBoy V3.0 Models Supported

Or Bazzaz, Which is what i will be running on the Suzuki