Power increase from slip on and power commander? - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Helping you go faster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ditto on the Bazzaz. We just got hooked up with them, and if your bike is supported by them... they bring alot of cool features to the table... multiple maps & map selection switches, traction control, self-mapping via data-logging & a wideband O2, quickshifters, etc. Really, really cool.

You can look for Dynojet to be upping the ante in 2009, but the new units, with features like those above and a few other goodies, will likely only be for '08 or '09 and up motorcycles.

I also agree with what a few people are saying about power delivery rather than overall power. But from that standpoint alone - a well-tuned FI system is worth the $$, IMO. And if you can get a few extra ponies along the way... all the better

Jody H.
Owner, Sportbike Solutions
Suspension Services, Maintenance & Repair, Performance Parts, & Track Support

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Live to ride

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
you are a master of straight line speed, get the turbo busa with nos

TEAM ALFALFA

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason)

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Superbike Champion

To: OP

Unless you stretch the swingarm on the 1000cc bike you wont get a better launch from a stop with it. Really 600cc bike can launch very well. When ever I raced my friends 1000cc GSXR against my 636cc ZX6R, I am always ahead of him about 200Feet or more untill I get to about 120mph thats when the litre bike pulls ahead of me. Its harder to launch a litre bike than a 600cc bike. If done right your 636 can beat the gsxr 750....I know this cuz I have beaten my friends 750 from a red light.

I Ride: 2006 ZX6R Ninja 636cc (Same bike as yours)
My mods were PowercomanderIII with Dyno tuned map from a local Dyno shop
Two Brothers Titanium V.A.L.E Dual Exhaust
-1 Tooth in front +2 in the back
Racing Camshaft, Lighter Titanium Vavles
I also did this mod: I-Hacked.com Taking Advantage Of Technology - Hacking a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
This mod really works helps with your top end and give you 3 more horsepower at 14000 rpms
Speedo Healer
All these mods except the dyno was done by me.

My bike was Dyno'ed at 131HP at the wheel 49HP Torque much better than stock

ZX6R Rocks!!

"One life to live, so live it to the fullest"

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 PM
500 GP Racer

In before the "you should of started on a 250, your gonna kill your self"
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:36 AM
World 500 GP Racer

^^ What is 49HP torque? I want some.

Seriously, if you're into 9-second cars and could care less about the finer aspects of power through a corner (as I'm sure you've been grilled about above), get at least a liter or a Hayabusa or ZX-14.

Trying to 'squeeze' drag-bike power out of a 600 will just be a waste of time and money, unless what you already wanted was a 600cc power package and wanted to accent it with a slip on and ignition computer.

Last edited by sqchram; 11-13-2008 at 03:38 AM.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Sonic View Post
To: OP

Unless you stretch the swingarm on the 1000cc bike you wont get a better launch from a stop with it. Really 600cc bike can launch very well. When ever I raced my friends 1000cc GSXR against my 636cc ZX6R, I am always ahead of him about 200Feet or more untill I get to about 120mph thats when the litre bike pulls ahead of me. Its harder to launch a litre bike than a 600cc bike. If done right your 636 can beat the gsxr 750....I know this cuz I have beaten my friends 750 from a red light.

I Ride: 2006 ZX6R Ninja 636cc (Same bike as yours)
My mods were PowercomanderIII with Dyno tuned map from a local Dyno shop
Two Brothers Titanium V.A.L.E Dual Exhaust
-1 Tooth in front +2 in the back
Racing Camshaft, Lighter Titanium Vavles
I also did this mod: I-Hacked.com Taking Advantage Of Technology - Hacking a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
This mod really works helps with your top end and give you 3 more horsepower at 14000 rpms
Speedo Healer
All these mods except the dyno was done by me.

My bike was Dyno'ed at 131HP at the wheel 49HP Torque much better than stock
does the gsxr 1000 & 750 have the same mods as you have done
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Superbike Champion

I had an 06 Kawasaki Ninja 636 and I put on a Yoshimura RS-5 Carbon Fiber slip on pipe with no power commander. I didn't see the need for one. I am not sure why everyone feels they need to go blazing fast if they own a sportbike. People know they go fast, do we need to prove it? That is probably why "we" have a bad name. By no means am I saying you do this providing you are taking it to a sanctioned track or drag strip. If you are going with a slip on go with a carbon fiber version. Worth the extra cash if you ask me! I now own a '08 cbr 1000rr that I just put a Jardine RT-5 carbon fiber. It is not sounding right when I let off of the throttle. I might put a pc on this one to see if I can notice a difference. Once again, I am not yelling at you, just venting a little and I hope you are able to pull some valuable information from this. Thanks and have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in