Sport Bikes banner

The Dry Humping of Rossi's Bike

7K views 79 replies 50 participants last post by  lasermax 
#1 ·
#5 ·
EPIC win! :dblthumb

#10 ·
Yeah but what are the chances it was just ONE of his bikes....probably one that he has raced before but just not currently.

Hard to believe THAT was the bike he rode in Indy???? and it was connected to a fFiat car at a hotel?

But then who knows, it's not like they couldn't get another. I would have just asked the italian guys to go for a spin....they way more relaxed than us americans possibly could have agreed....or at least sit and start it?

#14 ·
Obviously you didn't read the post. The bike is one of his 2007 race bikes that fiat was using for publicity at the race.

I actually had a similar opportunity at the 2007 Laguna Seca race. Since I work for a RedBull team, I was able to get some VIP passes with hospitality for the race, and inside the building along with many other bikes was Loris Capirossi's Ducati from a couple years ago. They didn't even have ropes around it or anything. It was pretty cool to get that close to one of these bikes, and be able to peek inside the fairings, etc. After the race when there weren't too many people around, and I wasn't as worried about getting kicked out I did take the opportunity to climb on and take a picture. The seating position and feel is just insane. Even sitting up you're pretty freakin tucked in, and the thing felt as narrow as my motard at the knees.

As for getting them to let you take it for a spin....I doubt they could do that if they wanted to. These bikes dont have starters, they use an external starter and jump box, and I doubt they have one hiding in that tiny little car. And as for overheating in traffic and only being good on the track, yeah, no shit it's a race bike. That's like bagging on an F1 car because they ride like shit over potholes. WTF? :bitchslap

#15 ·
Great post! Yeah I'd say it's pretty dangerous to haul ANY bike around on an open trailer like that, let alone a world-famous GP bike.

Very entertaining post - thanks for cluing us in!

#18 ·
Great post! Yeah I'd say it's pretty dangerous to haul ANY bike around on an open trailer like that, let alone a world-famous GP bike.
In the thread they said the rep they talked to while smoking a cig said Rossi walked around NYC without a single person stopping him. I dont think Rossi is WORLD FAMOUS in America unless you own a motorcycle and still then, might not know him.

#17 ·
The guys got lucky to see that bike, but sitting on it wasn't cool, it doesn't sound like they asked permission to do that. Imagine finding someone sitting on YOUR bike when you are coming back from the track day and make a little stop for food? It's a little disrespectful.

#23 ·
Seems odd that it would be unsecured like that, but I can say that there was either one of his GP bikes or a replica at the Yamaha tent on display. Unlike Hopper's bike, it did not have glass around it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.