New option for engine management... - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

View Poll Results: Would you like another option in engine management?
Yes 16 59.26%
No 8 29.63%
Maybe 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Whore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoples1234
Motorcycle ECMs are very unsophisticated compared to modern car computer. How exactly would you add a USB port, and flash the existing ECM? All I am saying is that I think your friend might be jumping in the water before he learns how to swim.

But hell, he most likely knows more about this than I do.

I vote yes, but not for me. For my fellow riders.
well he did it for the honda car ecus, so i dont think it would be hard at all for the bikes. he would flash the ECU, and also add in a USB connection to connect to the ECU. i think you read it wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaSL
If you are talking a fueling management box, I'm all for it. I've got a programmed pc3 on mine. But all it does is adjust the fueling to make it run better. To have something to hold revs for a form of launch control that is some thing else.
its fuel, ignition timing and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammadien
I voted yes, if you can do it for the DIY crowd(or plug and play too!) to give PC3 some competition that is a great idea. While your at it look into making nice slipon exhausts for sub $200.

Nate
ill go ahead and make tires that last 100,000 miles and grip like R compound race slicks while im at it

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..." -Ecclesiastes 9:10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:26 PM
World 500 GP Champion

Well, hell, I'm interested. Market competition is always a good thing for us consumers. Best of luck to you and your buddy, bro.

--Bryan--AKA--Rushleesta--
--F*ck Winter!--

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanglowejohnson
LOL SBN Ball Breaking...I think that should be a new olympic sport!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rediron
And so, while searching for an intellegent post with which to be entertained and perhaps intellectually challenged, I am reminded once again why there are laws against matrimonial bliss within ones own family.
Rest In Peace, KH. You will be missed, friend.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrushto
Well, hell, I'm interested. Market competition is always a good thing for us consumers. Best of luck to you and your buddy, bro.
thats what i figured as well. since dynojet has the market on lock down, a little competition might help it drop prices and/or make them update it with new features, like the ones Neptune will have

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..." -Ecclesiastes 9:10

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaSL
I voted no. The reason for that is because I am not a fan of electronic driver aids. Even though they may make most people safer and faster.
One of the things I like about bikes, though this is changing, is the direct connection between rider and machine. Unlike a car there is no traction control, abs, auto trans.......
I don't like the trend in cars to have a cpu keeping you on the road rather than driver skill. I don't like flappy paddle /auto transmissions. I'd take a F40 over a Enzo any day. And as such would like to see bike control all be down to the rider.
+1 Yeah, too much computer control and not enough rider control. Oh, oh, I can't do it anymore, just let the computer do it for me. Some people can't even wipe their own ass, let alone drive properly. Not a good trend for the people.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNinja
+1 Yeah, too much computer control and not enough rider control. Oh, oh, I can't do it anymore, just let the computer do it for me. Some people can't even wipe their own ass, let alone drive properly. Not a good trend for the people.
i dont think you guys are understanding the 2 step thing. its just an option. if you dont want it, you dont have to click the box that says so.

thats the only "computer control" that is available. (that i know of)

you do realize that rev limiters are computer controls, gauge clusters are computer controlled, etc

other than that... it adjusts fuel and ignition and what not

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in