Anyone know where I can get an exhaust hanger? - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone know where I can get an exhaust hanger?

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I have a scorpion full exhaust on my R1, it's a titanium flame pipe.

I need to get a new exhaust hanger for the pipe but I cant find them anywhere. I checked ebay, online, and every place I knew to go. I also sent a messge to Scorpion via there website, no answer. I don't need the hanger part that looks like a triangle, but I do need the part that goes around the exhaust and connects to the hanger, looks kinda like a strap?

Anyway, if anyone can help i'd appreciate it.... thanks a heep.

Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
SBN Rookie

http://www.satoracing.com/titancanhanger.htm

Brain fart. My bad, your looking for the canister strap. Maybe you can modify these to suit your needs.

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-18...ap_Mount_.html

or have a shop fabricate one for you.

Last edited by dbxcracer; 03-28-2007 at 10:03 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
mmm mmm good...

i found a 4" pipe hanger at home depot that worked fairly well....even had shrink wrap on it so it didn't look bad at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownuff
This is probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I have a scorpion full exhaust on my R1, it's a titanium flame pipe.

I need to get a new exhaust hanger for the pipe but I cant find them anywhere. I checked ebay, online, and every place I knew to go. I also sent a messge to Scorpion via there website, no answer. I don't need the hanger part that looks like a triangle, but I do need the part that goes around the exhaust and connects to the hanger, looks kinda like a strap?

Anyway, if anyone can help i'd appreciate it.... thanks a heep.

Will
Replacement muffler hanger straps can be a pain in the a$$ to find. I have Scorpion slip-ons on my Z1000 and one of the straps broke last year. I ordered one off of ebay but it ended up being to big for my muffler. I finally wound up having a coworker just weld the strap back together.

I would just call Scorpion and see if they will ship you another for free since they have a lifetime gaurantee on their products.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I ended up going down to the local yamaha dealership today, hoping they would have something laying around. They didn't, but told me they could call Scorpion for me. Sooooo they called and ordered a new strap/hanger for that specific pipe. $29.99....oh well.

Thanks anyways guys..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in