Anyone carry there pistol.. - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone carry there pistol..

When rideing?? main question whould be when you enter a area where your not permitted to have it on you (ie bar and what not...) do you put them in the storage hatch or just not go to them places with your pistols?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:13 PM

I carry anywhere, but I am permitted to. Before I became a cop I TRIED NOT to carry places I wasn't suppose to because it just isn't worth going to jail. I recommend if you know your going places the gun can't go, then don't take it, but if you stop someplace you weren't expecting then put it in a backpack or something. That way you don't have to worry about your shirt riding up and exposing it accidently, and if you have a little to much to drink it is harder to get to and do something stupid (not saying YOU would, but some people would)
post #3 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragin650s
I carry anywhere, but I am permitted to. Before I became a cop I TRIED NOT to carry places I wasn't suppose to because it just isn't worth going to jail. I recommend if you know your going places the gun can't go, then don't take it, but if you stop someplace you weren't expecting then put it in a backpack or something. That way you don't have to worry about your shirt riding up and exposing it accidently, and if you have a little to much to drink it is harder to get to and do something stupid (not saying YOU would, but some people would)

great to have police officer feedback. thanks buddy everyones oppinions are highly appreciated.

post #4 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th12t33n
When rideing?? main question whould be when you enter a area where your not permitted to have it on you (ie bar and what not...) do you put them in the storage hatch or just not go to them places with your pistols?
Since I dont trust carrying in my waistband while riding, I usually carry my pea shooter in a zippered pocket, I know it defeats the purpose since its not easily accessed, but something is better than nothing...as to leaving it in a storage hatch on a bike, not in a million years, bikes too easy to steal not to mention people seeing you put it in there......I'll let you deduct where my concealed pistol goes if I have to go into a place where its not allowed....
post #5 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:23 PM
at the track

This topic has caused some "heated" (excuse the pun) discussion in the past.

If I could have a piece, I would carry it on me. I am tired of being a slave to criminals and people always trying to jack your shit.

That and I wouldn't recommend leaving your piece in your trunk, bad idea.

2011 BMW S1000RR!!
2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) trackbike
2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 trackbike (sold), 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6s (sold), 1999 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (sold), 1998 Honda CBR600F3(RIP)/1989 Kawasaki EX500 Ninja(RIP)
post #6 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5niner0
If I could have a piece, I would carry it on me..

Why can't you have one?
post #7 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Lately I've switched my usual carry piece from my Colt (1911 Commander Length Full Frame) to a S&W .38 snubby in an ankle holster in my boot. Its not the most comfortable rig I've ever had but it beats the alternative. Oh, and generally I try not to go anywhere I'm no allowed to carry. Kinda seems like a free fire zone for criminals to me...then again I'm generally militant and anti-social.
post #8 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Swollen Member

I've got a .32acp Beretta Tomcat pocket auto that rides in my zippered outside jacket pocket. I'm not committed enough to ride with a piece in a belt holster.

Better than nothing.

You'll find a surprising amount of people on here carry. Try a search.

People suck.
post #9 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Anything

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,239 Posts

Sigh... This thread just won't be the same without license2ill.

I can carry everywhere. I think everyone should be able to.
But if you can't, don't carry where you're not supposed to. Not worth the hassle. I wouldn't recommend leaving a firearm stored in your bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:54 PM

last time this came up.... 65 pages later (politics set aside) we cam to the conclusion that the right ankle would be the safest place, IF YOU MUST for the following reasons:

1 I have known of a cell phone to break one persons hip and anothers ribs in a MC accident, I have never heard of the ankle taking a large blunt force in an accident, but it could happen.
2 still fairly easy to access if you PRACTICE drawing from it, I realize ankle holsters are a faux paux for a primary weapon but while riding I believe it is the best place, to still have it, maintain concealment, protect yourself from accidental liability, and preserve bodily damage.
3 if you crash it stays on your person not in a tank bag or back pack that will get ripped from you and if you are unconcious you are still liable for whoever picks it up.

while we are on the subject I shot my 12 oz .357 with fedral hydrashok yesterday and damn that will kill your hand!!! Im going back to the 38s I think.
post #11 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 04:29 PM
World Superbike Champion

I just bought a new CZ 83 this past weekend as a conceal weapon. It's a nice firearm, but I have yet to determine if I'll ever bring it with me while riding. I've bought an inside-the-waistband leather holster for it, but I don't think that'd work well. I'll have to think about this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skankhair
Does anyone know how to kill someone with their mind? I'd like to learn how.
The cannons blazing, with their blast the Spanish ship is sinking fast.
post #12 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 07:08 PM
KH, Rest In Peace Brother

I carry when riding and the gear I am wearing that day dictates where and what I carry. Most times I opt for my little .38 back up on an ankle holster or in a jacket pocket. Sometimes may go for a should rig if I am in my loose gear. Like JK said, I wouldn't leave it stored on my bike. Also like JK and kneedragin said, if you know you are going to a place where the gun is questionable probably not a good idea to carry it there. One of the advantages about being a cop is being able to carry anywhere, I clip my badge right where my gun is.

William (Will) SBN
R.I.P. Krazy Hawaiian-you will be missed brother!!

Bike Mods:CarbonFreak Windscreen, Power Commander, Galfer Superbike Brake Lines, Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads, BMC Air Filter, Motovation Frame Sliders, Redlinestands Swingarm Spools.

WERA #951
NESBA #951

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hemmet-cam LEO-LEESTA!!!
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat!-Virgil
POLICE K9: GO AHEAD AND RUN, IT'S YOUR ASS!
SHUT UP!! I can only listen to one person lie to me at a time!!-Officer737

2006 Graduate of the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School (race school)
"Putting my foot in your ass since 2005!"
post #13 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 PM
World 500 GP Racer

I kept the Glock either in a tight fitting shoulder holster that fit nicely under my jacket, or in a small velcro holster around the small of my back.

I have found, that if you enter a bar or an establishment that serves liquor, if you ask, they will hold your firearm for you. However, this still may be illegal.

This thought is all I have to trust upon, when light is gone.

The words between the lines, The worst of the best, The dust on the pews, Nihil!

Leave dependence to drones. Lies to the harvest for the truth to be sown.

Pain, necessary to know.
post #14 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:22 PM
World 500 GP Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I carry.

I wedge a sawed off shot gun right in the highway pegs just like in terminator 2

Kick the tires and light the fires.

- CENTRAL TEXAS SPORTBIKE ACCESSORIES - FAST AND FREE SHIPPING
post #15 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Head Rooster

I pack my pistol in my tankbag.

jim schmidt If you didn't spank her hard during first date sex, you've already lost the battle, you wuss and pussy!
Chauncey As we speak, speedy is in class right now learning about anatomy. He had a few questions regarding these things called "testicles" and something called a "spine".
Proud Member of The Cock Crew (Unofficial Fan Club of 'The Pussy Posse') Preventing 'Gay Friends'
...one pecker at a time.

asci_blue Now if you want mean I'll do mean. Men are really evolved women. Since the default gender is female men have to be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in