Anyone carry there pistol.. - Page 4 - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:05 PM
F-You and Yourspace!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUM636
You can't even spell! What the fuck are you doing with a gun?

If you rode half as much as you talk, you would have something to talk about...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Anything

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFireF4
you guys are fucked. Thats all I got to say. Id hate to live in a place where everyone is strapped all the time because they are scared of everyone else. Only people who carry around here are criminals and cops and the only reason you'd need one would be if you had "problems". No wonder the USA has such a high shooting rate.
I'm not scared. Quite the contrary, I am completely tranquil and at peace with my decision to defend myself. No worries, mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragin650s
The power is given to the states on CCW which I do not agree with. WA state says 60 dollars and finger prints, and SC says 8 hours safety course plus range time, VA no permit needed if you carry in the open. Some people shouldn't have a driver's license let alone a gun.
kneedragin, I agreed with you on everything up to this point. As a fellow law enforcement officer, I agree with the CCW concept completely. In fact, I feel that everyone that isn't legally barred from owning a firearm should carry. And know how to do so proficiently!

I do not like that the power is given to the states on this issue. It is an inherent right, not something to be given to us by government.

I would never compare the privilege of a driver's license to right of self defence.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
what? who? where?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWGUNNY
I'm from NY where only criminals are armed. If I tried to ride with one of my rifles slung over my shoulder, I wouldn't get very far. I'm amazed at other states allowing such freedom of firearms. You guys are lucky. I wish I could move out of NY, but my business is here.

Yeah I here you there...

Got to love the back ground investigation.....and all the paper work...

I got my pistol permit about 2 years ago and it costed about 120 dollars to get it.....wtf....

In total, it took 3 months to get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL
blonde chicks always find a way to look dirty hot....

post #49 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Hero
Law enforcement officers aside, why do you all feel the need to carry a weapon? Do you honestly fear for your life every time you leave the house? That must really suck living in fear all the time.

This isn't trying to start an argument, I just want to know the mentality of feeling the need to carry a gun.

WERD.. With guns come problems. I only "know" 1 person that has a weapon. Only reason he got it was for the intimidation factor, if he ever had to use it I think he'd shit himself first. Pussys use guns, Men use their fists..
post #50 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk750

I would never compare the privilege of a driver's license to right of self defence.

I dont think a firearm that can take a life in an instant should be considered a "right". People seem to have been managing the self defence aspect since long before firearms came along. I know self defence or not, I wouldnt want to kill anyone, Id get more satisfaction of beating their head in with 2 hands then shooting someone.

Having said that, I suppose it's better to have one and not need it, then to need one and not have it.
post #51 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Anything

Oh yeah? If only it was that simplistic. Try bringing your fists to a gunfight.

My firearms have never caused anyone any problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Anything

Quote:
I dont think a firearm that can take a life in an instant should be considered a "right". People seem to have been managing the self defence aspect since long before firearms came along. I know self defence or not, I wouldnt want to kill anyone, Id get more satisfaction of beating their head in with 2 hands then shooting someone.

Having said that, I suppose it's better to have one and not need it, then to need one and not have it.
Well, it is a right. It is everyone's right. Some countries have just taken that right away from their citizens. Their is no 'satisfaction' gained from utilizing deadly force. Only the opportunity to live another day.

post #53 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 05:59 PM

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

I think allowing anyone and everyone to arm themselves is not a smart thing to do. And it explains why America's murder rate involving firearms is about 10-15x higher then any other country in the world.

As far as your fists to a gunfight comment, well, ya that is true.. but the average law abiding person would never be in that situation.
post #54 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:02 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
In fact, I feel that everyone that isn't legally barred from owning a firearm should carry. And know how to do so proficiently!

Well, it is a right. It is everyone's right. Some countries have just taken that right away from their citizens. Their is no 'satisfaction' gained from utilizing deadly force. Only the opportunity to live another day.
That's a joke. It's only hotheads like you who expect such confrontation because idiots always find ways to get into shit with people.

Self defense also includes avoiding potentially dangerous situations and using words, thoughts, and appeals to "disarm" retards with guns.

Go find some stats, you're more likely to kill a family member by accident than an intruder with that gun of yours.

I HEART Petroleum Consumption
post #55 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

I think allowing anyone and everyone to arm themselves is not a smart thing to do. And it explains why America's murder rate involving firearms is about 10-15x higher then any other country in the world.

As far as your fists to a gunfight comment, well, ya that is true.. but the average law abiding person would never be in that situation.
Thats because in many other countries, not all deaths by guns are listed as murder, many are listed as terrorist activites...
post #56 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:20 PM

i carry lawfully in 26 states because it is my right, 2nd ammendment. thank you, packing.org.

and guns dont kill people, people kill people.
post #57 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
500 G.P. Champion

[QUOTE=BluFireF4]I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Quote:
In countries which have lower gun murder rates then ours, there is usually a similarly lower rate of knife murders, and club murders, and unarmed murders, and any other sort of murder you can imagine. Unless the proximity of guns actually makes people more violent, and guns literally cause murders even when they're not used in the crime, I think it's pretty ridiculous to claim that our somewhat high murder rate is due to our lax gun laws. Also, we do not have the highest gun murder rate in the world, not even close.

Quote:
Estimates on lawful defensive firearms usage range from 800,000 per year to 2.5 million per year. Apparently, the average law abiding citizen does find himself in such a situation quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUM636
Go find some stats, you're more likely to kill a family member by accident than an intruder with that gun of yours.
While all stats on the subject of firearms are at least a bit politicised, that particular gem is one of the more outrageous examples of poor methodology and biased researchers. I might suggest you review the history of the studies that support that statement, paying close attention to the number of times the results have been revised in response to criticism.
post #58 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyckedflesh
Thats because in many other countries, not all deaths by guns are listed as murder, many are listed as terrorist activites...
Ya, that MUST be the reason.. eh? lol

Im just a Canadian though, so what do I know about it, my igloo is almost melted..
post #59 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:59 PM
F-You and Yourspace!

I live in a state where gun violence is among one of the highest, and I still feel completely safe and secure leaving the house every day unarmed.

If you're not a law enforcement officer it seems to me that you're using a gun to compensate for your own insecurities, or for intimidation while hiding behind the "It's my right" blanket statement.

It would be extreamly hard to prove justifiable homicide or self defense while out on the road. It's not the same as a person invading your home. Simply having a gun puts you in the position to use it, where one might have not existed before.

If you rode half as much as you talk, you would have something to talk about...
post #60 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:03 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Brosnan
In countries which have lower gun murder rates then ours, there is usually a similarly lower rate of knife murders, and club murders, and unarmed murders, and any other sort of murder you can imagine. Unless the proximity of guns actually makes people more violent, and guns literally cause murders even when they're not used in the crime, I think it's pretty ridiculous to claim that our somewhat high murder rate is due to our lax gun laws. Also, we do not have the highest gun murder rate in the world, not even close.
If you pull a gun on someone in the heat of an arguement or streetfight, the chances of killing them is a whole lot higher than it would be in a streetfight with nothing but fists. The gun is the great equilizer, & it makes everyone feel like they are in-charge. More & more guns are making their way to Canada. Downtown Toronto Ontario, Jane St. & Finch has had many more shootings & gang violence in the last couple years than ever before... it is due to a massive influx of US guns sneaking their way over the border. All they can do is slow the flow at the border crossings, there is no way to eliminate the problem.

I do not have a right to bear arms, and for that I am glad...
I have to go through extensive background screening for a Firearms Aquisition Certificate, and even then it is illegal here to carry. If the registered firearm is being transported or stored within the home, it mustn't be loaded, ammunition is stored in a lockbox at one end of the house & the firearm at the other (is someone breaks in you must go get your gun, then go unlock the ammunition, so you could never get your gun in time...) In the car it must be locked up in the same fashion, & only transported between home & a gun club/shooting range.

Legally registered firearms are not a problem here, it is illegal firearms & gang violence for the most part, and even that is a small problem confined to specific areas.

The Second Amendment sucks ass, & I am glad I live in Canada. No offence, but concealed firearms by anyone other than police seems like a VERY bad idea to me.
It is like the cold war... Mutually assured destruction. There is just as much chance that another will kill you as you to kill them, so no-one pulls a gun
+1 on the fistfights rather than worrying about getting shot over something stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in