Anyone carry there pistol.. - Page 3 - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Anything

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,239 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutra
Random quote:
Jane:I heard police work was dangerous.
Frank:Thats why i carry a big gun.
Jane:Arent you afraid it might accidently go off?
Frank:I used to have that problem.
Jane:So what did you do about it?
Frank:I just think about baseball.
^Love that movie. Anyone know where its from?
Naked Gun 2 1/2?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarider
when i lived in az i carried a glock 26 in an ankle holster. i took the ccw course. then i moved back to georgia. im in iraq right now and plan on getting a ccw permit for georgia. anyone know what it takes to get on in the state of ga?
Am I the only one that thinks it's completely retarded that a guy currently in a frontline combat zone should have to jump through burecratic hoops to get a handgun permit anywhere? With the terrorism situation, armed servicemen and women wuld make me feel a heck of alot better and would probably make a terrorist think twice.Thats almost as dumb as the 18 to enlist but 21 to drink deal.
post #33 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Official SBN Party Pooper

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dizzle
Am I the only one that thinks it's completely retarded that a guy currently in a frontline combat zone should have to jump through burecratic hoops to get a handgun permit anywhere? With the terrorism situation, armed servicemen and women wuld make me feel a heck of alot better and would probably make a terrorist think twice.Thats almost as dumb as the 18 to enlist but 21 to drink deal.

Wow, you're opening up a whole can of worms with that post

U.S. Navy Veteran

Sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't. Wear your gear!!!

post #34 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:36 PM

For anyone interested in a CCW here is a website that provides contact information and state requirements. Check your local state laws to make sure the information is right.

www.packing.org
post #35 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:40 PM

I didn't really intend to open a can of worms but it always ticked me off that I was mature enough to enlist at 17 but too much of a dumbass to be trusted with a beer. It was like, "Woah there kid, put the beer down here take this fully automatic weapon with grenade launcher instead. We wouldn't want you to get hurt there. Oh, and BTW we're gonna chuck you out of a plane at 800ft"

I always felt that if you were mature enough to make a decision to possible die for your country, you should be treated as an adult under the law.
post #36 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Not to get into a heated discussion, but lets think about this. Just because your in a combat zone does not mean you carry a pistol. I agree everyone should be allowed to carry a gun if they chose however on that same note you should have some kind of FORMAL training on hand guns. When I lived in WA state all you had to do is pay 60 bucks get your prints done and they would give you a permit. I talked to people on the range that couldn't hit a the target from 10 yards away and had a CCW. I talked to some that had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about a backstop when they shot in there BACKYARDS. Lets not forget about all the irresponsible people out there that would get trashed loose their tempers over a game of pool and go nuts.

In home protection is one thing, but when your shooting in public you have to know what is behind your target and where your rounds are going. Or innocent people will get hurt.
post #37 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:59 PM

I understand your point completely. It's just that I find it hard to believe that in the case of enlisted personal we trust them with fully automatic weapons and multi-million dollar pieces of death and destruction put a pistol for self defense is off limits. There needs to be a little equity in your policy. Firearms training is mandatory for all servicemen and women (at least in army/navy/marines airforce I'm not sure the policies of the coast guard) many of the gun safety issues are common sense and universal for all firearms.

In the same token, I feel that training in the use of your carry weapon is essential if you want to effectively and safely use it, but who determines what adequate training is? Denying someone the opportunity to defend themselves because they didn't take a class mandated by some nameless, faceless bureaucrat seems kinda crappy to me.

PS. Nice choice on the ride there btw. Also I'm assuming by your avatar that you are a cop, what is your stance on the whole CCW issue as a law enforcement officer?

Last edited by t-dizzle; 02-22-2006 at 01:02 PM.
post #38 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:06 PM

I agree with you Dizzle, but think about some of people you know would you trust them with a loaded gun. Military training is not all that great when it comes to firearms, trust me I know. When I was in I saw instructors use pencils to make bullet holes so that a soldier would pass.

The power is given to the states on CCW which I do not agree with. WA state says 60 dollars and finger prints, and SC says 8 hours safety course plus range time, VA no permit needed if you carry in the open. Some people shouldn't have a driver's license let alone a gun.
post #39 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:09 PM

1) I am very impressed with the level of true communication going on in this thread. I have gotten so used to pissing matches and side track thought that goes hand in hand with this type of thread that I applaud the posters and find myself a bit more comfortable with the level of maturity seen in the non-PD posters. Kudos!

2) I will not CCW when I ride, unless I get a job that requires it. Why you might ask? Because I don't know if I could exercise proper judgement at a key moment as to whether or not I can properly control a situation. I honestly am not so worried about getting jacked. Been there done that, lived to tell the tale. Nothing I lost was irreplaceable, and NOTHING I could have done, had I been armed, would have changed the outcome. I am not saying in anyway anyone else shouldn't carry. That is up to you and your comfort level. Its not in mine, I can just see myself doing an irrational thing at the wrong time, probably anger directed and my luck, I would have a stray round hit an innocent target, not something I want to live with on my consience. Nope I will save my firearms for the target range and the edible critters.
post #40 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:14 PM

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm a libertarian at heart. I think it's reasonable that a free citizen should be able to defend themselves. But it's different on your side of the coin, now you gotta worry about every mouth-breathing retard packing a hand cannon. The whole thing boils down to that in a perfect world cops could be everywhere to stop crimes before they happen, but its not a perfect world.

At any rate if we really have to regulate anything else, lets regulate who gets to reproduce. We could possibly cure stupidity.

Last edited by t-dizzle; 02-22-2006 at 01:17 PM.
post #41 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
At any rate if we really have to regulate anything else, lets regulate who gets to reproduce. We could possible cure stupidity.
That sounds like a plan!!
post #42 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:20 PM

Wow it's humbling to have to edit your own post for the spelling of "possibly" when commenting on the stupidity of others....
post #43 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:52 PM

you guys are fucked. Thats all I got to say. Id hate to live in a place where everyone is strapped all the time because they are scared of everyone else. Only people who carry around here are criminals and cops and the only reason you'd need one would be if you had "problems". No wonder the USA has such a high shooting rate.
post #44 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:02 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Anyone carry there pistol..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When rideing?? main question whould be when you enter a area where your not permitted to have it on you (ie bar and what not...) do you put them in the storage hatch or just not go to them places with your pistols?
You can't even spell! What the fuck are you doing with a gun?

I HEART Petroleum Consumption
post #45 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
F-You and Yourspace!

Law enforcement officers aside, why do you all feel the need to carry a weapon? Do you honestly fear for your life every time you leave the house? That must really suck living in fear all the time.

This isn't trying to start an argument, I just want to know the mentality of feeling the need to carry a gun.

If you rode half as much as you talk, you would have something to talk about...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in