how much power - Page 3 - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
lun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadturk
well, if i were you i would stick with 600's, much more common, with much more parts and many more people know about 600s..

now when time comes to upgrade go for 1000 striaght, I think 750 are nothing but a tease, a waste of time...

get a good grasp of what is a 600 sports bike can do and in couple of years, you'll have enough respect to sports bike that when it comes to upgrade your bike, you'll ride your 1000 cc with lots of caution and maturity.

Well nothing the less that you have so much time and so much money, then why not buy a 750 in between.

but personally i would not want to ride a bike that is in between.... i don't even know why they make 750's, because supposedly they are not practical for new riders and they are not fast enough for experience riders...

i say don't get 750... get a 600 and get to know it well, then go ahead and getinto fast lane with 1000cc...

i hope i was helpful... i know i write sloppy with lots of ideas here and there but, i usually don't have time to organize my thoughts when i'm visiting forums in breaks....

have a nice and safe rides..

. . . lol . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
saq

Are you going to be racing or posing? If posing, I'd recommend the new R6.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Full Time Slacker

"By no means, I meant to underestimate what a 750 can do and can't do, however I just thought a person from 500 cc should step upto 600cc sportbikes first.... And later only God knows...."

I agree with him not going to the 750, in fact I said so in my post. And there was no offense, just a little education since you said you didn't know why they made something in between a 600 and a 1k. You still don't seem to understand, since you mentioned that the track abilities don't matter for street riding.

You ride an RC51 instead of an I4 liter bike so you know the diff between peak HP and torque obviously. That is the advantage the 750 has over a 600 as a streetbike. (And by streetbike I take it you mean a mix of commuting and weekend canyon carving) All the lightweight and manuverability but you don't have to make it scream to make power. This is its appeal, especially to experienced riders who have ridden 600's, literbikes and lots of stuff in between. Very balanced.

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Anything

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,239 Posts

The 750 is the perfect sport bike. Even more so in '06.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Roadracer since '96

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk750
The 750 is the perfect sport bike. Even more so in '06.
+1

SBN "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" forum MODERATOR
Questions, concerns, problems? P/M me.

What you just read is my opinion and is based on my experiences and the info I have acquired during my life, it's my interpretation and isn't written in stone. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. Don't like it or agree with what I have to say? Then don't read it or respond to it! Respond like an immature idiot to posts of mine and I will just ignore you. Have a nice day.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk750
Why is that, nig? That 750 is one of the best handling bikes out there.

Going from a 6 to a 750 isn't nearly the jump that going from a 500 to a 6 is.

And Suzuki US doesn't really have much of a Style and Color Department.
Check out the Euro/Canadian colors.
Holy Shit...Suzuki totalled ripped off the R1. No wonder that suzuki looks so badass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06YZFR1_black_1sized.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	62545  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Supersport Racer

600 Gixxer Is A Lot Of Fun.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Anything

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis71902
Holy Shit...Suzuki totalled ripped off the R1. No wonder that suzuki looks so badass.
Is an all black bike really a Yamaha trademark? Maybe with their NASCAR red stripe wheels...

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001FZ1
I've been reading over what a lot of you guys have been saying........stop relying on the magazines so damn much. Those guys are professionals. Put one of those guys on a Ninja 500 and he would spank 99% of the people on this message board riding any bike available.

No one here is actually good enough to honestly say that their abilities are better than the capabilities of any of the modern sportbikes. You won't be able to go any quicker on a track on a 600 than on a 1000. If you are better than your bike, why the [email protected] are you messing around on this site and not riding pro?

Bottom line, go with what looks best to you and feel comfortable.
Hell, Joe 95% on this board couldn't hang with you on your FZ1 on the standard loop we ride,I know I can't. They talk the talk,but can't walk the walk er.. Ride the ride.

Still, I can out ride most who decide to show up on my ancient 1988 FZR 1000 even with it's 17 year old overly soft stock suspension. I don't even push my self or my bike even near the limit. There is too much to lose riding public roads.

I've seen alot of guys run hard and out run me good,but most of thoses guys don't last long or aren't riding now. The law of averages catches up to you sooner or later.I've rode with guy's who said they could ride(and maybe do wicked 30m.p.h. wheelies),but then they have to go around a corner and they look like they've never had their bike leaned past vertical.

Yes,kids even those brand spank'in new whiz bang bikes get left behind sometimes. Do those bikes out handle and have a better power to weight than my bike. Yes,they do by far.
It's the rider not the bike.

Would I like to be in a position to purchase one the the razor sharp new bikes?
You betcha! I'd love to swing a leg over my own 06' GSXR-750 or liter bike.
I could only imagine the feeling between my old bike and one of the new road weapons.

For a street bike get the the one that suits the type of riding your going to do 90% of the time,but will still be somewhat capable of doing the other 10% on occassion. That bike may turn out not to be a dedicated sport bike at all.

The 750 should/will have a bigger mid range boost/torque that you will be able to feel over the 6s. Real world riding I would prefer the 750 over the 6s,but then again I don't like a bike you have to rev high to get into the sweet spot. The GSXR 750 H.P/torque to weight ratio looks great.

I can't comment on the 6s or the 750 in the twisties as I haven't riden them,but if the roads you ride on are tight with few long straights that would make the 6s more equal to the 750 if the bigger bike can't use it's power advantage as much. Iv'e riden with a few guys on F4is and R6s and theyare sweet bikes,but GSXR 750s are pretty rare around here.

Almost all of the guys I ride with either have 600s or 1000s and as I said the rider matters MUCH more than the bike on how the overall package works.

Last edited by coolatula; 11-04-2005 at 10:19 PM.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 02:16 AM
World 500 GP Champion

Go with the motherfucking Ninja 636. More power than the R6, not as in your face as the 750.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in