Run or Stop??? - Page 4 - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a perfect win win situation for bikers that don't stop...
Police should call the biker in and have another cop lay spike strips ahead if they don't stop.

1. Cop doesn't get hurt
2. Cop or Biker won't hit innocents
3. Biker won't get tickets or go to jail if he's dead

Why do you think cops don't like bikers? It's cause of stuff like this that pisses cops off at the rest of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:05 AM
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach
I just got mine back from suspension due to pulling over, so...
I don't gamble, but if I did, I'd bet you didn't get your license suspended due to pulling over. You had it suspended due to something you were doing wrong. If you hadn't of stopped though, that would have been something else to go on your record.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]Life is a gamble if you gamble with your life! Wear your gear and ride smart!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial]2001 CBR 600 F4i Charcoal & Silver (Dupli-Color&Krylon) Polished Frame Sliders & Swingarm Spools and Polished frame and Subframe
2005 Mazda 3i 5spd Titanium Silver
and a few others not worth mentioning :smilierr [/FONT][/COLOR]
post #48 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Combat Marshmellow

sometimes i stop sometimes i don't - depends on the situation....
the decision has nothing to do with right or wrong or whether i think i can get away or not - it just depends on what kinda mood i'm in and if i'm alone or not....
in my younger days i thought it was fun to pull up next to cops - get there attention and either wheelie away or just haul ass at warp speed...(i don't do that anymore)

ASMA AM #75

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]GF&T Racing [/FONT]- Ultimate Imports, ECS Dyno, Stalemate27 Custom Paint, ASMA Trackside Support
badgixxer(3), Philbie(4), TSAVO5150(4), ur2ez(1), Faster Sissy(2), Sometime Racer(12), kz2zx(3), MO(1), FWrider(6), pbandj19(5), gixerking(1), SilentR1(3), Jordan121787(4) toyotapower(9 and counting :twofinger), GoSlow&Crash(1), Zach (1)
Arroyo Seco, Firebird, HPT, MAM, JenningsGP, MMP, Hallett, Putnam Park.....

post #49 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:42 AM
You got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ershank
We're talking about pursuits. If people decided to just pull over they would not exist. I don't get what you're trying to say
Doesn't it make logical sense to just stop when signalled to do so? There wouldn't be a pursuit to begin with... a lot of other posts here aren't about pursuits either, there simply evastions. Crown Victorias and Impalas don't really stand a chance in a pursuit anyway.

Regards,
Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #50 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem317
Doesn't it make logical sense to just stop when signalled to do so?
Yes
Quote:
There wouldn't be a pursuit to begin with... a lot of other posts here aren't about pursuits either, there simply evastions.
I know
Quote:
Crown Victorias and Impalas don't really stand a chance in a pursuit anyway.
I know

I wasn't arguing with you, as much as questioning why you were arguing with me. I wasn't talking about the actions of the suspect, as much as I was the actions of the officer, who is normally held to a higher standard of behavior.
post #51 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:17 AM
You got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ershank
I wasn't arguing with you, as much as questioning why you were arguing with me. I wasn't talking about the actions of the suspect, as much as I was the actions of the officer, who is normally held to a higher standard of behavior.
I remember a story where one guy was actually caught because he blogged or posted up on his evasion...

Anyway, these threads are simply asking if its okay to break the law and put their life as well as other motorlists lives on the line because they didn't want to pull over. It's the most moronic thing to do. When signaled to do so, you pull over. And that's that.

The officer has a set of protocols and procedures that need to be initiated before and during the pursuit. There's other rules and procedures that need to be executed once the pursuit terminates.

There's no need for a pursuit to start in the first place. Just signal and slow down to a stop where it's safe to do so so the LEO can do their job.

OFFICER737 seems to have a good handle on this: http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/...8&postcount=21

Regards,
Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy

Pulled over for a 62 in a 45.... two days ago... (see the NC forum)

When i was 22 pulled over for a 96 in a 45...

I dontk now if i would run, i have a good lawyer so i have never not gotten out of a ticket, he has never had to get me out of jail over dumb shit.

So no, I dont think I will run.

[LEFT][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]2005 Blue/Black [SIZE="4"]GSX[/SIZE][COLOR="Red"]R[/COLOR] 750[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]
[LEFT][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"]Mods: PC3 - Micron High Mount - Dark Smoke WindScreen - Extended Bar ends and Sliders - K&N - Pazzo Levers - Fender Eliminator - Flush Mount Signals[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]
[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE] a local resource for local riders
post #53 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Idiot.

You stop when a police officer signals you to stop! What the heck is wrong with you? Yes you have a vehicle that could a run at an Apache but you NEVER run from the cops. By running from the cops you're doing a disservice to the image of the sport.

This forum is not dedicated to breaking the law. Take it to one of those "stunnaz" sites. If you want to run that hard take it to the track.

Riding on the street is not a sport.
post #54 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Kanotuna
The best ones are the ones who want to know how to get out of the speeding tickets!
Especially when you consider how many times it's been covered on this forum, as well as the wealth of information available all over the internet on how to beat 95% of all traffic violations...

I would never endorse someone running from the cops. If you get caught, you get caught. If you run you're risking your life and the life of those around you. Pull over and accept your ticket. However, I DO believe in fighting every ticket BECAUSE traffic tickets are not enforced enough. My theory is that if everyone fought their tickets and 90-95% were dismissed or drastically reduced, then maybe the system would be revised to better protect the public, as well as to better enforce traffic laws.

Interestingly, I read an article on yahoo (I'll link it in a minute) that basically concluded faster speed limits do not cause more casualties. My guess is that even when the speed limit is lower people still go just as fast...

EDIT: Ok, I couldn't find the article on Yahoo, but did find it on another site: http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/04/481.asp

Another interesting story I ran across talked about how the 5-10mph 'cushion' most LEO's give drivers DOES increase casualty rates significantly. What's this mean? Well, I think it means that if they raised the speed limit and let everyone go faster (and strictly enforced the higher limit) fewer people would be going faster than the flow, and casualties might actually go DOWN. Mind you this is just speculation, but that's my opinion.

Last edited by TemtnF8; 06-28-2005 at 01:16 PM.
post #55 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 01:56 PM
F-You and Yourspace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HNK
Oh... and btw - cops should have something better to do with their time.... like track down Bin Laden or stop some serial child rapist or chase down real bank robbers or murderers or escaped convicts....

I mean, the list of "better shit to do" can really go on just about forever...

Thats the stupidest thing I've heard on this forum all day. And thats saying something. First of all it's not a "cops" job to hunt down Bin Laden. Last time I checked Bin Laden isn't hiding out in the US.

Second it IS a cops job to uphold the LAW. Last time I checked if you break the law, they ARE doing their job to stop and cite you. They also catch murderes and rapists every day. They MIGHT even catch more murderes and rapists if they didn't spend so much time dealing with dumbfucks on motorcycles who think they're somehow above the law.
post #56 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:50 PM
No limit hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HNK
Oh... and btw - cops should have something better to do with their time.... like track down Bin Laden or stop some serial child rapist or chase down real bank robbers or murderers or escaped convicts....

I mean, the list of "better shit to do" can really go on just about forever...

Come on JohnK...... Do you have ANY idea how many "REAL" (to use your words) criminals police catch by routine traffic stops? More criminals are caught with warrants and stolen vehicles and drugs (and in SEVERAL high profile cases) with kidnapped victims in their cars.. And the majority of them are stopped for routine traffic violations.. more bad guys are apprehended through vehicle stops than ANY other form of police action. You should thank them for traffic patrol.. they are keeping you and your family safer than you think.

Admittedly, getting pulled over SUCKS big green donkey dicks.. but you ARE breaking the law, and you ARE a criminal if you run.. so I hope your plate doesnt get caught and a warrant issued, or We'll see you sometime.....

Forced into a midlife crisis by my ex-wife. Might as well make the best of it!!! :nutkick

"Its better to DIE on your feet in defiance, Than to live on your KNEES in prayer."

[QUOTE=bumblebee]Men are horny or hungry...If he ain't nekkid...make him a sandwich...[/QUOTE]
post #57 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:23 PM

Unhappy

I'll straight up pull over, I am not going to run. The faster you go, the quicker your reactions have to be. Those kinds of speeds scare me, and I don't know how I could go on living if in the process of running someone got killed, you guys that actually do run REALLY need to reconsider. If your going to be doing stupid crap that is "worth" running, leave it at a track or a empty parking lot or get rid of your bike, don't be doing stupid stuff on the public roads. Imagine how you'd feel if someone had to come tell you someone you loved had just been killed from someone outrunning the cops
post #58 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Supersport Racer

Its Just Another Ticket And Money, Not Your Ass.
post #59 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:57 PM

I only ran once, I was on my stuntbike which had a clean title but no plate or registration, no headlight, non working tail light, no signals, no speedometer, and no mirrors.

So I'm sitting at a stop light and a cop passes me, he crests a hill about 1/2 mile behind me, then turns back around, I decide to get out of the left turn lane and get into the left lane and start riding at about 40mph.

I look back and the cop has his lights on flooring it towards me, so I'm riding full throttle shifting as fast as possible, redlining at about 100mph (-1 +12) lane splitting (I slowed down to just over the speed of traffic for that). It wasn't really that dangerous, the MX bars I have on my bike helped with manuevering around cars quickly.

I don't know when the cop shut down but I went through a neighborhood, and then carefully took the long way back to my house checking for helicopters and patrol cars.

I don't think I'd run again unless I was faced with the potential to get 10 tickets like that time.
post #60 of 220 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 04:05 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meh2u
I look back and the cop has his lights on flooring it towards me, so I'm riding full throttle shifting as fast as possible, redlining at about 100mph (-1 +12) and riding inbetween cars at 75 in a 45. It sounds dangerous but it really wasn't, I was in control the entire time.
Okay I'm going to try to say this nicely...Were you driving the cars that your flying by? Anyone of those cars could of drifted over due to playing with the cd player, cellphone etc. You are never in control in an enviroment with other cars or people around you, you don't know what they are going to do. Oh, you've so much to learn...stop running before you or someone else dies. Doing 100MPH yet you pass the cars at 75MPH in a 45MPH zone and your in total control. Your parents should take your bike away from you, it was stupid to have that bike on the road anyway the way it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in