International Motorcycle Show - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Youngin'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Talking International Motorcycle Show

So today, My dad, a friend of ours, and myself rode to Atlanta for the show which was held by Cycle World. Awsome event, hot bikes, hot girls, free stuff, raffles, signings, the works. I ended up getting a movie signed by Jason Britton, some posters of Rossi/Mladin/Yates and one from GearedUp which was signed by the crew. My dad actually won a leather jacket from Leatherup.com which was a more sportbike looking jacket so he got for me in my size, and I also bought Faster. I took only about 60 pictures, and they can be found here International Motorcycle Show. Great Experience, if you get a chance, make a weekend out of it, great riding, hundreds of bikers and you can meet good people. Lots of vendors, and a stuntshow(Ball of Doom, some ramps) and well...bikes. All of the 05' bikes from Yamaha and Honda all the way to BMW, Ducati, and the Mv Augusta's From the pictures, you just get an idea of how it really was, it is something you should go and see, you will enjoy yourself.

*Maybe if the camera didn't suck so much, I would have better quality pictures, or maybe if I was a better picture taker Enjoy.

MSF Grad
44k. miles
02' R6 - Sold
07' 1000 - Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07' 750 - Current

Last edited by Ca$h; 01-08-2005 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling in Header
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 08:13 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Thanks for the post, some good pics in there as well.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Youngin'

Glad you enjoyed it man

MSF Grad
44k. miles
02' R6 - Sold
07' 1000 - Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07' 750 - Current

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 01:10 AM
sir wrecks a lot

you see that repsol replica. yeah thats mine, they needed it for the show! (i wish)

<- this is my stoppie!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Youngin'

It was a beauty, thats for sure

MSF Grad
44k. miles
02' R6 - Sold
07' 1000 - Totaled

07' 750 - Current
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Posse Pimp Daddy #1

sweet pics.... I wish i owned all of those bikes.... glad ya had fun man
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Are we not men?

Quoted: 53 Post(s)

Anyone going to the Detroit show, a friend of mine should have his SICK M900 entered in the Ducati Challenge - give him a vote!

His bike is yellow with a shredded checkered flag mural on the tank, has a single sided swingarm, relocated oil cooler (really cleans the appearance up), and a really tight RoadRacing exhaust system.

Myself, I'm looking forward to the Chicago show, need a new jacket. Probably ordering a Corbin while I'm there also.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

I go Beltway blitzin' on my mad mofo musclebike WFO. Its a true choice, a god-like experience if you will. The thought that I could buy the farm in a spectacular fireball...................well, that gives me a stiffie! Tesco Vee/The Meatmen
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 05:28 PM
SBN Rookie

At the Atlanta show today a sick turbo monster won the Ducati challenge. Claimed 206 RWHP
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 07:39 PM
TMK
Old school fool

I've been to a few motorshows. I used to enjoy them but now that I am getting older and more crotchity the crowds just turn me off.

It's fun to walk around and see all the bikes, but I just don't see the point anymore. Half the time you can't get close enough to see hardly anything at all. Then, when you do see a bike you'd like to check out and you take the time to push your way over to it, some goof in a vinyl look alike leather jacket and a Wal-Mart dew rag spends an hour sitting on it asking inane questions like - "Do you think this Hayabusa is too big for a first bike?" or saying stupid shit to his 14 year old buddies like "Man, I'll bet this thing is almost as fast as my R type Civic." Worse yet are the people who have to put each one of their three kids on it while you stand there like a dork - WTF, pay the quarter and let your kid ride the bike out in front of the grocery store.

Besides, these days there are so many mega dealers that sell 20 different manfuacturer's bikes that visitng a delaer is just like going to a motor show - sans the crowds. I might not see all the show bikes, but I'd rather have some time to really look at something I might actally buy.

Back from vacation
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Superbike Racer

I went to the Denver show and had a blast. Sat on nearly everything there too. It was different because here you go into a dealer and they are nervous about you sitting on the bikes. There, we had vendors literally begging us to sit on the bikes. Our digital camera was acting weird and we lost my favorite pictures of my girlfriend sitting on the Aprillias.

2000 SV650-Dual Renegade Carbon High Mount Exhaust
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Superbike fan

I've got that show on my calender for sure. Too bad it's 7 weeks before it comes to Detroit. Last year's was a good show. I got my Arai there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in