Speeding Ticket - Page 7 - Sportbikes.net
General Sportbikes This area is for sport bike discussion in general. Topics that don't really belong anywhere else can go here. Questions can be answered and addressed to fully understand certain aspects of the sport. If your question is manufacturer specific please post it there.
Sponsored by: TCX Boots

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
My only comment is a 2brothers pipe is not considered a "heavly modified" RC.

I'm sure that was intended to be sarcasm, as all of the local papers have printed that he was riding a heavily modified machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 11:58 AM
500 G.P. Champion

Quote:
He was on an RC51.

However, I'm sure there were a few 1000RRs on the run.
The guy claims they towed an F4 and 1000RR. Just repeating what I read.
post #93 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercutio80
The guy claims they towed an F4 and 1000RR. Just repeating what I read.

I'm just reapeating what I know, it doesn't really matter.

post #94 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:15 PM
500 G.P. Champion

Found this on another board:

Quote:
As a person who lives in MN and travels that road there isn't a place straight enough to hit that speed let alone 186. Also the local news stations are showing the guy was on a RC51. I just got a call from my insurance agent after this and he told me since I ride a sport bike they will not renew with me for next year. I'm getting quotes of 1800 dollars to cover my RC51. Needless to say the bike is going to be sold and I'm looking at a BMW R1100S or R1100R instead. I'm through.
So, at least one insurance company has already overreacted to this story.
post #95 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercutio80
Found this on another board:

So, at least one insurance company has already overreacted to this story.
The media has over reacted to an over inflated speeding ticket, and now we might be seeing the consequences.

When I owned my RC51, I was paying $700 a year for insurance. When I bought my FZ1, the same company quoted $2200 for the FZ1.

When I questioned the difference in quotes, the agent said he must have misquoted the RC51 and told me I should have been paying more.

So, where is this story going? I guess it is possible, that this news story maybe opened the eyes of an insurance company or just an insurance agent that may have categorized the RC51 wrong in the first place.

Insurance companies are strange. When I had my Ducati, I was with an inurance agency that didn't consider Ducatis as sportbikes because they had only two cylinders. Then when I got my RC51, the same company quoted me $4200 MORE than what I was paying on the Duc.

Rather than sell the RC51, that guy should shop around for new insurance.
post #96 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:43 PM

I’m late on this but I just wanted to say. I though MN cops were pretty cool. I ride in MN a few times a year and just a few months ago, we were riding on 61 on a Saturday afternoon just South of Wabasha… there is part of the road that you can easily speed on, there is hardly any traffic, no cross streets and you can’t see (and you can’t be seen either) the traffic going the other direction, since the other lanes are raised. I had already slowed down by the time the cops passed me, but they got three of my friends going 145mph, wrote them up for 95 in a 65 and all they had to do was send $150 in the mail. Cops in other states usually don’t let you get away with that.
post #97 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 03:46 PM

when ya crack ya head open at the wall, can I use ya body parts for crabbing, since ya not to smart off the track.
post #98 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 05:17 PM

Seems like a pretty insane stunt to me.
post #99 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 05:56 PM
500 GP Racer

I dont know about other areas but it is the stunters and the slower riders that seem to get in all the bad wrecks simple speed just isnt enough on a open road. It is not like a little twig in the road is going to cause you to crash.
post #100 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 09:06 PM

205.....good luck.. we all ride like this ..you and I know it, and they know it to..anything over 65 you can get at ticket...have fun and ride to your best abilities. Jax Fl ---- Ti2X.com.. ----
post #101 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 11:45 PM

Question

Hey 205! What did you get on your speedo? Lawyers said not to say? I'm curious to what the RC51's speedo said. Can you share more info on how the RC was modifed? Just a pipe? How about HP numbers? Gearing changes?

We still can't know if you are the actual person, even though it sounds like you are. I hope you can share your story after the shit is all said and done, like fines, and how much your mistake cost you.

I heard the cops weren't bustin' peeps under 100 mph...
post #102 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung
And who NEEDS an automatic weapon if they just want to shoot a gun? See where this is going?
if they were to try and out law bikes that go over 100 they should very well do the same to cars.
post #103 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:19 AM
Palm City Nice Guy

Too bad you got caught, it's all part of the fun we have, go fast, have fun, be safe, (hope you don't get caught). Racing, in the blood.

If it wasn't for us Rednecks and N.A.S.C.A.R. there's no telling what flag or bible we would be saluting and praying to.

Last edited by kf4mtw; 09-25-2004 at 06:29 AM. Reason: incorredt
post #104 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:25 AM
Palm City Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus
It's kind of like the assault weapons thing. If someone wants to go to the range and knock down 30 bottles with 1 pull of the trigger fine. Just don't try and tell me you have an AK-47 for hunting or personal protection. It's so you can say you have an AK-47 and can go to the range and blow the hell outta some targets.

When you say you have an AK-47 for protecting your property you sound like a crackpot. When someone sites personal protection I picture some 16 year old kid cutting through a yard sneaking home getting blown away by some nutcase in cammies. There's nothing wrong with having an AK-47 cause you like to shoot one, it's just that people seem to think they have to assign some kind of great purpose to it. And come off looking foolish.

And for the record I am not at all anti-gun. But I am a realist.
I certainly hope your'e right, terrorist's never come here with their crap, if they do you might change your mind and want an AK.

If it wasn't for us Rednecks and N.A.S.C.A.R. there's no telling what flag or bible we would be saluting and praying to.
post #105 of 167 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:33 AM
Palm City Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T.
Hey 205! What did you get on your speedo? Lawyers said not to say? I'm curious to what the RC51's speedo said. Can you share more info on how the RC was modifed? Just a pipe? How about HP numbers? Gearing changes?

We still can't know if you are the actual person, even though it sounds like you are. I hope you can share your story after the shit is all said and done, like fines, and how much your mistake cost you.

I heard the cops weren't bustin' peeps under 100 mph...
It might be just me but at those speed's I ain't got time to take my eye's off the road to try and focus on the speedo, looking through face shield and windscreen is a task in itself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in