Bridgestone 021 4300mi review - Sportbikes.net
FZ6/FZ6R If youíre looking for one bike to perform a multitude of missions, look no further. Take it from Cycle World* Magazine - ďFor a more advanced rider looking for a bike to do it all, there is no other choice.Ē

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Midwest Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bridgestone 021 4300mi review

I'll give this review now because my stock Dunlop sportmaxx rear tire lasted exactly 4300miles, when a COMPLETE flatspot in the center of the tire occured. I ride hard, and do plenty of clutch up wheelies, and a few burnouts, but also hit the twisties and long straights alot too. and the Bridgestone 021 rear tire is now at 4300miles, and still is about nickle thickness above the tread wear line in the center. So after how i ride, i'd say this tires doing pretty well. and could probibly easily hit above 10K on some of you touring guys...
My only complaint about the 021 is sence its a dual compound, its harder in the center than the sides, so the center doesnt have the grip i like. the sides do wonderfull in the sharp twisties though. I like doing clutch up wheelies, and if its below 75deg's out, or the tire is cold, the rear likes to spin, alot. I realize the tire is harder in the center and made for long life, but i may reconcider buying it again, cause of my rideing style. some guys like to ride the striaghts at crusing speed and others like to have fun and tear up the assfault. so i may go with a stickier tire next time, althogh i may be only getting a max of 4k out of it....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<~Yeah, it hurt!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IL & MO Riders:

NAKED Candy Red 07 FZ6
TCP Seat Cowl~Gold LSL Street Bars~Magellan 4000 GPS~Ram Mount~CF Two Bro's Exhaust~Vortex -1 Front Sprocket~Powdercoated Rearsets~Painted Radiator Covers~ShoGun Frame Sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Rubber Side Down.. ALWAYS

i was looking at them for touring since i dont do a lot of stunts good call!

'Tis a dangerous thing stepping out on your doorstep. You never know where your feet will take you.' ~

'How fast does it go? ... ... ... If you have to ask you don't need to ride it.' ~Overheard at the local bike dealership
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 PM
500 GP Racer

I don't ride like a squid and don't have money to blow on tires every 3 months.
I'm hoping to get 14K out of my 021's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in