Can Fazer headlights be aimed??? - Sportbikes.net
FZ6/FZ6R If you’re looking for one bike to perform a multitude of missions, look no further. Take it from Cycle World* Magazine - “For a more advanced rider looking for a bike to do it all, there is no other choice.”

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can Fazer headlights be aimed???

So I got my clipons working last night, almost perfect once I dropped the front end actually. Now my problem, all be it a small one, is my headlights are WAY too low. I mean, even with the brights on, my lights hit MAYBE 45-50 ft in front of me. Driving lights are maybe 15ft in front of me.

Is there any way of aiming these lights like on a car? Any ideas if they cant be aimed, on how to get the lights higher so I don't kill myself at night?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo

It's in the manual.

As the cars roar into Pennsylvania, the cradle of liberty, it seems apparent that our citizens are staying off the streets, which may make scoring particularly difficult, even with this year's rule changes. To recap those revisions: women are still worth 10 points more than men in all age brackets, but teenagers now rack up 40 points, and toddlers under 12 now rate a big 70 points. The big score: anyone, any sex, over 75 years old has been upped to 100 points.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Toe Tapper

Damn noobs!

2004 Yamaha FZ6 - Galaxy Blue

FAZR6's Fender Eliminator Kit, Laser Extreme Quad Pipes, BMC Air Filter, Puig Light Smoke Windscreen (Thanks DefyInertia!), R6 Front Fork/Brakes Upgrade, Dual Braided Front Brake Lines, FS6 Sliders, Givi Monokey sidecases, Dual Headlight Mod (based on WTV's method), Oxford Heaterz Heated Grips, Watsen Designs Flushmount LED Signals, Bubmrtn's DIY LED Taillight Kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Club Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05fz6newb
Is there any way of aiming these lights like on a car? Any ideas if they cant be aimed, on how to get the lights higher so I don't kill myself at night?
I've reused a photo I took earlier in the year for a separate thread to illustrate the positioning of the screws that you are looking for. With that in mind, disregard the black spray paint and direct your attention to the yellow writing. This picture is taken of the right side. For the left side, the screw will be in the same position, only on the left side of the headlight port. And as is with the right, Up is clockwise and down is counter for the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headlight adjustment.jpg
Views:	6629
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	118966  

2005 FZ-6 Mods: Dual Headlight Mod- Clear LED FLushmounts- Clear LED Integrated TL- Motovation Frame Sliders- Puig DS R Windscreen- PIAA Xtreme White plus bulbs- Center stand removed- More to Come
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Superbike Racer

here you go. IMO while doing it try not to mess up the setting on the horizontal which i did and it took me quite sometime to set back to it stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headlight adjust@1.jpg
Views:	3139
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	118987  

Silver Fz6 Fazer >> Remus Exhaust(Carbon) *Lazer Cat.Eliminator * Power Commander IIIusb * BMC Air Filter * Givi Tall screen *Bagster tank bra * Ermax lower cowling * Goodridge Kevlar Braided Brake Line * voltmeter * Yamaha Topbox Rack * H&B side pannier * Dual Headlight Mod * LED Brake-light
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

Have my ex-fiance on the bitch seat next time.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05fz6newb
So I got my clipons working last night, almost perfect once I dropped the front end actually. Now my problem, all be it a small one, is my headlights are WAY too low. I mean, even with the brights on, my lights hit MAYBE 45-50 ft in front of me. Driving lights are maybe 15ft in front of me.

God damn stupid noobs!!!

Thanks guys for the answer to my question!!! I really didn't think it was that easy, or I would have looked in the book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in