Need psychotherapy after review in Bike Jan 2006 - Sportbikes.net
FZ6/FZ6R If you’re looking for one bike to perform a multitude of missions, look no further. Take it from Cycle World* Magazine - “For a more advanced rider looking for a bike to do it all, there is no other choice.”

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Club Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need psychotherapy after review in Bike Jan 2006

They made it sound like the FZ6 is the worst piece of crap on earth. I have been seriously traumatized. But worst is that since I own the FZ6, feels great, and read great reviews in other serious mags (like MCN which takes no advertising). I even had my friend who owns a 1200 beamer ride it for a while and he loved it.

I think this Bike rag is a rag.

Any ideas why this is? This must be answered.

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/stor...etext=magazine

This the only link I could find to this magazine.

Last edited by ImOk; 01-29-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Unhelpful Canadian

Post the text of ther review or scan it for us please.

R6 Forks, Calipers, Master Cylinder / Galfer SS Front Lines / Two Brothers M2 VALE Polished Aluminum Exhaust / Yamaha Chin Fairing / PUIG Race Windscreen / TCP Aerodynamics Painted Hugger & Chain Guard / FAZR6 FE / FS6 Frame Sliders / Watsen Design LED R1 Flushmount Signals / Garmin StreetPilot 2610 + RAM Mount / Corbin Saddle

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't."

Use frame sliders. One never knows when a cripple is about.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Superbike Racer

Do you really need a Bike review to tell YOU what to think about YOUR ride? Obvously you like your FZ6 and a lot of other people so why should it matter what a magazine thinks? The review is from one guy and he may just be used to riding SS bikes and have biast opinions. Seriously, who cares what a review said.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 04:47 PM
World 500 GP Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Do you want us to subscribe to the magazine just to read an article you don't find truthful??
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Spaz-o-matic

That sucks. I usually like their writing, and try to pick a few issues up from the the bookstore every year.

"This is truly a 'do it all' bike!" -FizzySix

Stuff: dual headlights, HardRacing FE, GIVI 46N, Motovation sliders, camera mount Wishlist: Givi brake lights, pod lights, modulating brake lights, fork oil replacement, heated grips, fuel cell, engine guard, 'Stich suit, cup holder, Jen fan-club patch
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Heavy FZ6

Buy something new and you'll always find someone calling it a piece of crap and someplace selling it cheaper than you paid for it.

Its a done deal, you bought it, you own it. If you enjoy the bike then ignore the article. If you agree with the article then sell the bike and move on. Done is done and you can't turn back the clock.

2006 DL1000 V-Strom
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 07:57 PM
World Superbike Champion

Dear ImOK,

Live up to your name Dude!

If you really want some pyschotherapy, write me a check for $100 and spend an hour telling me about your mother and innermost motorcycle secrets. I'll read it and explain why you need to send me another $100 so I can tell you how full of crap you are.

Take the preceeding with two aspirin and a grin! Hey, ever notice how every new model is absolutely killer and then it is "dated" within the year. It's ok.... REALLY!

Life is too short to live slow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 08:54 PM
World Superbike Racer

thats funny before i bought my fz last year i did a lot of reading and you know, MOST magazines liked it a lot. cost vs usefulness was very high.

so there was one bad review..get over it and move on, we all know the truth right?
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Unhelpful Canadian

The Porsche 911 really sucks... compared to a Ferrari Enzo. Everything is relative.

R6 Forks, Calipers, Master Cylinder / Galfer SS Front Lines / Two Brothers M2 VALE Polished Aluminum Exhaust / Yamaha Chin Fairing / PUIG Race Windscreen / TCP Aerodynamics Painted Hugger & Chain Guard / FAZR6 FE / FS6 Frame Sliders / Watsen Design LED R1 Flushmount Signals / Garmin StreetPilot 2610 + RAM Mount / Corbin Saddle

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't."

Use frame sliders. One never knows when a cripple is about.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Supersport Racer

Since buying my bike this past May, I have had what is indisputably the absolute best year of riding EVER since owning my first bike (Kawi Vulcan 454 LTD) back in 1985. I read many reviews while researching the purchase of this bike. Some of those reviews were not so positive. Had I based my purchase decision soley on those negative reviews, I would probably be off happily riding an SV650, but sadly oblivious to the thrilling "other life" I could've had with the FZ6.

I did many things right during the research phase of buying my bike. I read the reviews and took their perspective with a grain of salt. I sat on the bike many times and test rode it at least once. I found this forum and read nearly everything everyone here had to say about their bike. While there is no doubt that the test ride truly sealed the deal for me, I cannot deny that the members of this forum greatly influenced my purchase decison. Are forum members biased towards their bikes? Absolutely.

However, what I found to be unique about this forum is the number of very technically proficient individuals who post here. Reading posts by Skeleton, Segue, Binary Jay, FAZR6, etc., etc., it becomes quite clear that there are some very keenly intelligent FZ6 owners out there. These guys/gals would not buy crap bikes. Moreover, they can tell you with precise detail the strengths and failings of this bike. These same members also have many years riding experience and have owned several different bikes before buying their FZ6's. Their knowledge and experience levels have garnered them huge credibility where I am concerned. Unknown bike rag writer with unknown riding hisory earns little to no credibility with me.

Bottom Line: Bike mag reviews should occupy a very small space in the research pie chart when making that purchase decision. SBN FZ6 forum members opinions, in particular, are "the bomb" and should be revered.

Mods: Taller windshield, Corbin seat, dual headlight mod, GenMar risers, LSL Sliders, Tank Slappers, blue and black ProGrip 724's, CorTech tank bag, Oxford Humpback tailbag and Sport panniers, AirHawk seat cushion, blue Tireflys.
Gear: FirstGear HT pants and Kilimanjaro jacket, Joe Rocket mesh jacket and Phoenix pants, CorTech Flex jacket, Icon TiMax pants, Silver Shoei Synchrotec helmet, Daytona Lady Star GTX boots, Rec Specs Biker silver sunglasses.
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Club Racer

I'm not sure if you guys are aware or not, but the silver FZ6 actually has a nuclear reactor in it and that is why it is the fastest.
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Sigh.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluDevil
Bottom Line: Bike mag reviews should occupy a very small space in the research pie chart when making that purchase decision. SBN FZ6 forum members opinions, in particular, are "the bomb" and should be revered.
+1, couldnt agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Jay
Using my new stealthy capabilities provided by my recent TPS update, I slowly sneaked up behind an old lady in a parking lot this morning.

I turned on the high beams, engaged the hazards, held down the horn, revved her up to the rev limiter and kicked the old bag over and rode off with her walker cackling madly.

I threw the walker at the nearest disabled child while doing a wheelie and gave the hot mother a wink. I think she was turned on.
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:30 AM
World 500 GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyIamToday
I'm not sure if you guys are aware or not, but the silver FZ6 actually has a nuclear reactor in it and that is why it is the fastest.
Ya know...that was supposed to be a secret. Now all the blue FZ6 owners know why our bikes are faster...THANKS ALOT!!!

03 GSF1200

03 SV1000S
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:42 AM
World Superbike Racer

I read that article too. The liked their worst and best list. "Worst motor, FZ6, Terrible." Goofy brits. They can't even take care of their teeth. The bike definately takes getting used too, but once you've setteled in it's a blast. Still wouldn't trade mine in for anything.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Born Again Rocker

I read the Bike review, a week before I picked up my FZ6. I had read a number of reviews before. The Bike review was a surprisingly vitriolic piece of journalism, my first thought was that Yamaha have upset them! When you read between the lines there is very little substance to the criticisms, one is the lack of wind protection!! It is a ‘naked’ bike they tested! They complained about having to chase revs. Find me a 4 cyl middleweight sports bike where you don’t! When you go through the graphs there is a memorable statement, (I am working from memory here) ‘The FZ6 comes out on top here although it doesn’t feel like it is!’
The only thing I did agree on was, the instrument display, and the harsh front forks.

I think you need to remember these people are a bunch of failed bike racers who want everything to fit into the mould they have created.

Read the Motorcycle News review for a constructive report, they at least mention the annoying vibration!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in