Power Commander ?? - Sportbikes.net
FZ6/FZ6R If youíre looking for one bike to perform a multitude of missions, look no further. Take it from Cycle World* Magazine - ďFor a more advanced rider looking for a bike to do it all, there is no other choice.Ē

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
500 GP Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Power Commander ??

Okay those with power commander are you using the Accelerator pump utility and if you are what setting are you using, trying to get a idea if anyone seems to think a particular setting on this helps any or not ??
Trying to decide wether or not to load it up or not.

2004 FZ6/R6 Blue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FAZR6 FE Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|Dual Light MOD
|R6 Fork MOD|R6 Calipers |LSL Sliders
|05 Black Rims|Scorpion CF Exhaust|Corbin Seat|TankSlapper
|Yamaha Lower Cowl |Clears all around W/Intergrated LED Tail Light| TCP Seat Cowl|Puig DS Screen|Painted Hugger/Front Fairing/Side Cowl/Fender|Garmin E-Trex GPS|Galfer Custom SS Lines|
|05-R6 Projector Headlight retro-fit
|Moto-Tote to get it around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Superbike Racer

I had it off for quite awhile cause it was shooting my gas mileage to hell. I've since eased up on the sensitivity and it seems a little better. I think right now I have it at 70-75% sensitivity with a 10% increase. I originally followed what was in the AP documentation.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 05:43 AM
Livin' on the Edge!

I'm using one of there recomendation settings called "road racer". Probably a bit overkill for communting....lol

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Club Racer

Can we get some feedback on how well it works?
Mike thanks for the Map I got my power commander yesterday - what a difference!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Unhelpful Canadian

Can you please elaborate on the differences you noticed?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
500 GP Racer

Follow up...

Well just a quick follow up I made a slight change to the Accelerator pump setting this evening and took it for a quick spin ....
I originally had it set at 90/15/20 and then made a change to 75/20/15 and went for a test drive around the block, must say the low end seemed better and smoother than before and I am also running FAZ6 map currently. I am sure that gas milage will probably drop but hey it runs better
I may trim a little more gas out during the weekend and see if its still as smooth but will probbaly keep it like this a few weeks and see how it runs over all.
Anyone else out there find a setting that seems to work well ??

2004 FZ6/R6 Blue

FAZR6 FE Kit
|Dual Light MOD
|R6 Fork MOD|R6 Calipers |LSL Sliders
|05 Black Rims|Scorpion CF Exhaust|Corbin Seat|TankSlapper
|Yamaha Lower Cowl |Clears all around W/Intergrated LED Tail Light| TCP Seat Cowl|Puig DS Screen|Painted Hugger/Front Fairing/Side Cowl/Fender|Garmin E-Trex GPS|Galfer Custom SS Lines|
|05-R6 Projector Headlight retro-fit
|Moto-Tote to get it around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbikes.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in