Sport Bikes banner

Comfort Seat for Under $150.00?

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Doctor T 
#1 ·
I was able to get a Yamaha comfort seat for $147.34 from Motorcycle Parts|ATV Parts|Honda|Kawasaki|Suzuki|Yamaha|Dealer|Tires|Repair Manuals|Wholesale Discount Prices.

Instead of pulling this up as a sportbike accessory, which will give a price of $249.95, I went to the Yamaha motorcycle parts listings, punched in the part number, ABA-4S821-00-00, and got a price of $147.34. Not sure if this will work for you, I was ordering several hundred dollars of other parts to fix my crashed FZ6, so it might have been a fluke, but it might be worth a try. Appears that other parts suppliers (they all use the same software) list things the same way. Never hurts to try.

And, yes, I did receive the entire seat. And, yes, the seat for the '07 will fit on an '06, the mount is the same.

#2 ·
Yes, you did the right thing. That seat is very well worth at $160. This is confirmed that you can get it that cheap at RonAyers so it was not a happenstance.

More details on the crash??

#3 · (Edited)
Boom. Boom.

More details on the crash??
You know how sometimes crashes seem to happen in slow motion, and you have time to think, "Oh, shitttttt...." before it happens? Wasn't like that at all, guy in the right lane made an aggressive move into my lane and, before I could really even react, he had hit my front tire and I was on my ass. Boom, he hit me, boom I hit the pavement, it was all over in a fraction of a second. We were only going 25 or so, so not too big a deal. Huge bruise on my ass, scraped up the left side of the bike. Conclusions:
  1. Sliders are a great investment, would have been a total without them and I would have had to buy my bike back from crashedtoys.com (ended up being $2500 and his insurance paid).
  2. Wear the right gear--my head smacked the pavement but I walked away with only a bruised ass because I was wearing a helmet.
  3. Ride defensively--the dude was driving like he really had somewhere to go, and I slipped through his blind spot. His fault, but I should have avoided him.
  4. God bless the folks who stop at the scene of an accident. The gal that was behind me stopped and gave a statement to the cops.

Oh, and the EMT told me I looked a little long in the tooth to be riding a sport bike. I told him that was what kept me young!

#8 ·
Only took a short ride before tearing into other parts of the bike, so no strong impressions yet, but seems about the same height, but I'm 6 feet tall with long legs, so hasn't been an issue in the past. Shape is different, more rounded, but if that is because of more padding in the middle or more rounding on the sides, hard to say. Looks good.

Once I get back on the road I'll report back. Last night I replaced the front cowl, forgot to check all the connections before bolting everything down, and, guess what? no headlight. Mother F*%(*! Or I may have blown a fuse because I was too rushed to discontect the battery. I'll keep ya' posted.

#7 ·
Yep thats a good deal. I ordered mine from RonAyers for 140.33 and 155.33 after shipping. I got mine last week it was backordered for over a month. I only rode around with it for 30 mins so I havent had a chance to really get a good feel on the seat. The seat to me doesnt feel any lower at all. Its actually a little wider to me but I'm tall so either way my legs are planted on the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.